Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Cobb Accessport 991.2 Turbo / Turbo S Release & E-Tuning!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 04:32 PM
Cicio Performance
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Cobb Accessport 991.2 Turbo / Turbo S Release & E-Tuning!

Hey Rennlist,

As many of you know Cobb Tuning recently released support for Porsche 991.2 and 718 vehicles. What you might not know is that TSM is a Cobb master tuner and certified gold dealer. What that means is that not only can we provide you with tried and true Cobb products we can also handle all of your tuning needs as well. Whether it’s OTS maps, custom protunes on our AWD Dynojet, or remote tuning, we have all of your needs covered.

Tired of waiting for the release of exhaust specific Stage 2 OTS maps? Send us a message so we can get you taken care of with a protune or visit this link to get an e-tune tailored to meet your specific needs!

Release info the the 991.2 Turbo / Turbo S Cobb AccessPORT below:

ACCESSPORT FOR PORSCHE 911 991.2 TURBO / TURBO S
The time is finally here! We are extremely excited to announce the availability of COBB Accessports for Porsche’s 718 Boxster/Cayman and 991.2 Carrera and 911 Turbo! This project has been in the works for quite some time as these cars share a completely new ECU and required the work of many engineers to dissect and understand. In the past weeks, we talked a bit about the power gains expected for each car. If you haven’t seen those yet feel free to take a gander! The flashing process for the ECUs in the 991.2 and 718 cars requires an extra step before the Accessport is able to communicate. ECUs will need to be shipped to COBB Tuning to be unlocked.

The in-cabin mountable Accessport V3 has a large, full color, high resolution screen which allows you to monitor up to six parameters in real time. Fully customizable from the look (multiple bezel colors), layout (set up a race, street or dyno gauge cluster) and mounting options (choose from 1,000s of standard vehicle mounts). Of course, all of the great COBB tuning is included - with enough space for 100 calibrations. This is your new Accessport - and maybe the last one you'll ever need.

Why?
The Accessport V3 is the world’s best selling, most flexible ECU upgrade solution for Porsche. Unlock power hidden within the vehicle by replacing conservative factory settings with more aggressive calibrations. Upgrade forever with off-the-shelf (OTS) calibrations for most bolt-on modifications. It’s the last engine management solution you’ll ever need.

Features:
Accessport for Porsche 911 991.2 Turbo / Turbo S
Larger, full color, higher resolution screen
Customizable multi-gauge display
In vehicle mount, with on/off switch
User-Customizable Start Up Screen
Interchangeable faceplates

991.2 Turbo S Stock vs Stage 1

991.2 Turbo Stock vs Stage 1

Old 07-11-2018, 09:55 PM
Spatia
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 17 Posts

Has anyone released an image of the Cobb tune + exhaust graph. What are the gains in a stage 2 situation? Nothing else just tune and exhaust?
Old 07-14-2018, 03:58 PM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 218 Likes on 110 Posts

These guys know how to tune cars. Awesome to work with.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:50 AM
Cicio Performance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Spatia
Has anyone released an image of the Cobb tune + exhaust graph. What are the gains in a stage 2 situation? Nothing else just tune and exhaust?

The tuned with exhaust numbers will be very very similar to the .1

However we have not had a just exhaust .2 on the dyno back to back. When I do I will happily post the info for you sir.

Originally Posted by bogey1
These guys know how to tune cars. Awesome to work with.

Thank you sir! Your car is getting wrapped up as I type
Old 07-19-2018, 01:15 PM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

How would you do a tune for track duty rather than straight line runs for a 991.2 TTS? I'd be happy with just a stage 1 to go with my Sharkwerks exhaust, but would hate to have additional heat soak.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:21 PM
Cicio Performance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Randyc151
How would you do a tune for track duty rather than straight line runs for a 991.2 TTS? I'd be happy with just a stage 1 to go with my Sharkwerks exhaust, but would hate to have additional heat soak.

good question sir!

Im replying from my phone so forgive any errors please.

I actually have pretty extensive data with this situation. I personally have tracked my 991 quite a bit and have found that most of the tunes out there certainly aren’t great for track use as much. The OTS maps that lots of people modify bring the torque/boost in so hard down low that it overloads the intercoolers amd creates all kinds of ill effects. Which would be one thing if it was an advantage but it’s not an advantage in any way on track.

The power then falls off up top which is where you want it and comes in way too harsh on the track ie mid corner, where you don’t want it.

The key for a road race car is linear usable power without creating crazy drive pressures down low that cause issues over the course of a multiple gear pull. You give up some of the “wow factor” in the torque hit but in the end you have a much much faster, happier all around car.

I hope that sheds some light on our theories and helps you in some way sir!
Old 07-19-2018, 03:21 PM
gman3280
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Off turbo topic. Do you guys tune non turbos such as a 987.2 track car?
Old 07-19-2018, 03:40 PM
Cicio Performance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by gman3280
Off turbo topic. Do you guys tune non turbos such as a 987.2 track car?

We absolutely offer tunes for anything that Cobb supports and have first hand experience at the road course and drag strip with 90% of them.

I would be happy to help if I can, feel free to contact me

cicio@topspeedmotorsports.com
Old 07-20-2018, 01:37 AM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by TopSpeed Motorsports

good question sir!

Im replying from my phone so forgive any errors please.

I actually have pretty extensive data with this situation. I personally have tracked my 991 quite a bit and have found that most of the tunes out there certainly aren’t great for track use as much. The OTS maps that lots of people modify bring the torque/boost in so hard down low that it overloads the intercoolers amd creates all kinds of ill effects. Which would be one thing if it was an advantage but it’s not an advantage in any way on track.

The power then falls off up top which is where you want it and comes in way too harsh on the track ie mid corner, where you don’t want it.

The key for a road race car is linear usable power without creating crazy drive pressures down low that cause issues over the course of a multiple gear pull. You give up some of the “wow factor” in the torque hit but in the end you have a much much faster, happier all around car.

I hope that sheds some light on our theories and helps you in some way sir!
OK, I know it's hard to guaranty anything without doing it first, but what HP/torque range would you target for a track tuned car with Cobb and just exhaust?
Old 07-20-2018, 02:06 PM
Cicio Performance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Randyc151
OK, I know it's hard to guaranty anything without doing it first, but what HP/torque range would you target for a track tuned car with Cobb and just exhaust?

I would say on our dyno a nice 580hp and 550tq would be about where I would leave a good road race tune. Most .2s baseline around 520 on our dyno to give you a reference.
Old 07-28-2018, 12:23 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Maybe a stupid question, but... do you need to leave the Accessport plugged in all the time, or can you just use it to reflash the ECU and remove it? I ask because on the website are a number of different faces for the Accessport and brackets/holders designed to mount it to car.
Old 07-28-2018, 08:27 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by Need4S
Maybe a stupid question, but... do you need to leave the Accessport plugged in all the time, or can you just use it to reflash the ECU and remove it? I ask because on the website are a number of different faces for the Accessport and brackets/holders designed to mount it to car.
Once the tune is installed you can unplug the AP. Some keep it plugged to us the AP available gauges. I don’t need something else hanging of the dash.
Old 07-31-2018, 04:46 PM
Cicio Performance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Need4S

As the other member said once the tune is installed you can put the programer in your bathroom cabinet if you would like

Quick Reply: Cobb Accessport 991.2 Turbo / Turbo S Release & E-Tuning!