Valve control exhaust non-PSE - Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 01:18 PM
GodLy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valve control exhaust non-PSE - Help

Hey, guys!

I have IPE valve exhaust on non PSE car, all works fine. Except to control exhaust i need to use 90s remote controller!

So i have installed PSE button, i have done button coding.. The main question is; where i need to connect main vacuum line that are controlled by PSE button? Or i am missing something?
I want to reuse IPE exhaust valve lines just connect that part to PSE where magic happens.

Thanks

Last edited by GodLy; 07-09-2018 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:32 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,351 Likes on 761 Posts

Is this on a TT or TTS car? I'm not aware of any PSE on either of these. You might be in the wrong forum.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:35 AM
GodLy
Advanced

Huh?
It is on TTS.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:21 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 499 Posts

There is no sport exhaust option on a turbo or turbo s as said, I have a stock turbo exhaust sitting in front of me, there are no valves, I replaced it with a Kline, and that has no valves, 911's have a sport option, but they never offered it on the turbo or turbo s for some reason. You will notice a different tone when you switch to sport mode, but has nothing to do with the muffler it's Porsche's Sound Symposer, which is just dumb
Old 07-09-2018, 07:33 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GodLy
Huh?
It is on TTS.
Are you talking about a 991.2 Carrera S? Yes they are turbos but not the TTS. Different models. I am not aware of any PSE or valved exhaust for the TTS.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:06 PM
GodLy
Advanced

Well there if there is PSE button it has something to do with exhaust valves.
As if there is no PSE option on 991.1 there is an option on 991.2 as mostly all in the engine area is the same, which leads to that same method of exhaust sound control via PSE button should be possible to achieve.
Correct me if i am wrong
Old 07-09-2018, 12:28 PM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Well there if there is PSE button it has something to do with exhaust valves.
As if there is no PSE option on 991.1 there is an option on 991.2 as mostly all in the engine area is the same, which leads to that same method of exhaust sound control via PSE button should be possible to achieve.
Correct me if i am wrong
Could you put the button in the center console and get it to control your new exhaust, yes you could, but the 991.1 and 991.2 Turbo or Turbo S there was no PSE option. You could run vacuum lines and do what you want to do, there are some owners that have done that with other exhaust systems that have valves, but there are no lines there now. Most aftermarket exhaust systems for the Porsche with valves offer their own control unit, at least the few I have looked at. All other 911's except the turbo and turbo s offer a sport option from the factory
Old 07-09-2018, 02:15 PM
GodLy
Advanced

Well i have valve control exhaust with remote controller and i have vacum lines installed and all works perfect, except i dont like the way how i need to control it via remote!
So my question is how to connect it to PSE button as maybe someone has done it and know the way how to reach it
Old 07-09-2018, 03:16 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Well i have valve control exhaust with remote controller and i have vacum lines installed and all works perfect, except i dont like the way how i need to control it via remote!
So my question is how to connect it to PSE button as maybe someone has done it and know the way how to reach it
Are you sure you have vacuum lines and that the switch you are referring to is not just an electronic switch. Did you buy the car new? If so it did not come with a switched valve exhaust. If you bought used it is possible the previous owner put a remote controlled valve switch exhaust on similar to the AWE i believe. Does not mean you have vacuum lines installed.

The purpose of the vacuum lines was for the exhaust valves to open by themselves when the car was pushed above certain rpm's. This was never available on a stock TT or TTS, to my recollection.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:27 PM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Penn4S
Are you sure you have vacuum lines and that the switch you are referring to is not just an electronic switch. Did you buy the car new? If so it did not come with a switched valve exhaust. If you bought used it is possible the previous owner put a remote controlled valve switch exhaust on similar to the AWE i believe. Does not mean you have vacuum lines installed.

The purpose of the vacuum lines was for the exhaust valves to open by themselves when the car was pushed above certain rpm's. This was never available on a stock TT or TTS, to my recollection.
You are correct, but there are systems that offer vacuum as well as electric depending in what mode you are set to on their controller, electric for full cutout and vacuum at rpm levels, we just looked at this
Old 07-09-2018, 04:44 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hcvone
You are correct, but there are systems that offer vacuum as well as electric depending in what mode you are set to on their controller, electric for full cutout and vacuum at rpm levels, we just looked at this

Yes, but these are not standard or an option on the TT or TTS. So if you want a vacuum controlled system for a TTS you will need to run the lines and integrate with a PSE button on the console which I am not sure is doable but I am not an expert. I am just questioning if this is a 991.2 C2 turbo or an actual TTS with a remote controlled exhaust.
I'm sure it is doable if you want to spend the $'s.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:54 AM
GodLy
Advanced

Well i have wired vacuum system by my own when i installed IPE exhaust....
Anyway this thread goes off-topic. I need suggestions from guys who have did something similar with PSE button hack.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:37 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Sorry I cannot help on this. Good luck let us know if you work it out.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:11 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Can't help on the coding part for the PSE button. In regards to the vacuum line, just tap it into a line that has constant vacuum while the car is running, that should be relatively easy to find.

By the way, if that IPE controller is a wireless remote you could have simply synced the signal with you homelink garage door buttons...we do it all the time haha
Old 07-27-2018, 02:28 PM
GodLy
Advanced

Hey thanks for replay.

I know how to code button..

But i want to find that vacuum line, that can be controlled via PSE button.. I think i need install some part from carrera.. and yeah thanks for the tip for garage opener, but i dont have one

Originally Posted by AutoQuest Motorsports
Can't help on the coding part for the PSE button. In regards to the vacuum line, just tap it into a line that has constant vacuum while the car is running, that should be relatively easy to find.

By the way, if that IPE controller is a wireless remote you could have simply synced the signal with you homelink garage door buttons...we do it all the time haha

Quick Reply: Valve control exhaust non-PSE - Help