Sponsored by: Road Spy

Potential new 911 turbo owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 01:54 PM
Harry Da Hamster
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by znammz911TTS

Hey Nam. I contacted you in Hawaii regarding buying your 991 Turbo S but timing was bad. If i knew you were still selling the car in CA, i would've considered it but i just moved in on a black Turbo S that i'll be picking up soon in Los Angeles and shipping to Hawaii. That's a beautiful color combo and i'm sure someone will pick her up.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:22 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaskfri
I have heard of people who find private cars and then have their Porsche dealer buy it and CPO it(for a few thousand dollars) to sell to them. Talk to your local dealer to see if they will do that.
Asking about consignment is a good way to start. With a buyer identified and no floor space requirements the consignment fee could be negotiated to something fairly modest. CPO costs them a few grand so they’d obviously need to pass that cost on plus make enough money to justify the time and effort they’d put in to routing the sale.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:40 PM
TtimeS
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by znammz911TTS
Hey,

I don't know if you are interested but I'm looking to sell my 14 Turbo S for 128K:

- Sapphire blue with tan/cognac interior in excellent condition IMO.
- 18K miles; out of warrant as of April this year and never have any issue.
- ByDesign Stage 2 with Kline 200-cell inconel exhaust. I also have the PDK tune on my AP3 but it is not installed.
- Full front clear bra, no accident whatsoever.

The car is currently in Anaheim, CA right now. My wife is driving it on the weekend only. I'm in Korea on assignment right now so I'm not driving it at all. It is still on it first set of tires, so all you would have to do it put in brand new tires and your good to go. LMK. KBB priced it 120-128K private party. I'm willing to let go for 128K with those mods as I think the car itself is in 97% condition. Reason for selling it I'm looking into getting the new R8 or 570S.

hi, beautiful car, unfortunately not the combination I am looking for.

[QUOTE}

Asking about consignment is a good way to start. With a buyer identified and no floor space requirements the consignment fee could be negotiated to something fairly modest. CPO costs them a few grand so they’d obviously need to pass that cost on plus make enough money to justify the time and effort they’d put in to routing the sale.
[/QUOTE]

I’ll look into this and contact my local dealer if that’s something they do without completely gouging me in the process.
Old 07-06-2018, 10:56 AM
TtimeS
Rennlist Member

Thank you for all the responses. I do have one additional question, is it worth saving 15-20k on getting a Turbo instead of an “S” knowing that I’m going to add Cobb and exhaust?
Old 07-06-2018, 11:12 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

^ do you want PCCB? PDCC? 18 way seats? S envy?

PCCB, PDCC and 18 way seats are options on the TT but standard on the TTS. There are others carbon fiber trim, etc...
Old 07-06-2018, 11:16 AM
TtimeS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Michael_s
^ do you want PCCB? PDCC? 18 way seats? S envy?

PCCB, PDCC and 18 way seats are options on the TT but standard on the TTS. There are others carbon fiber trim, etc...
If I go turbo I’ll be making sure it has the 18 way htd/vtd seats. I think I can go without the carbon ceramic’s though. As I plan to do some track stuff and really don’t want to spend 20K on new brakes once a year.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:54 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by TtimeS

If I go turbo I’ll be making sure it has the 18 way htd/vtd seats. I think I can go without the carbon ceramic’s though. As I plan to do some track stuff and really don’t want to spend 20K on new brakes once a year.
For a 991.1 that will see track usage I would personally get a 991.1 TT with the right options. After retuning they will offer essentially the same performance.

Alternatively, with a TTS you can at some initial cost convert the PCCB system to run steel or non-OE ceramic rotors and greatly reduce the cost of brake maintenance. There are more TTS cars on the market and you won't have to filter as much for options, so if you've done your homework on the brakes you may get lucky and find a better deal due to a motivated seller or something along those lines.

One further option: besides the other updates the 991.2 TT gets the new antilag system which works great on the track. It will compete very favorably with a 911.1 TTS in performance and you wouldn't have to deal with the brakes. They're getting into your target price range.
Old 09-02-2018, 01:44 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 786 Likes on 571 Posts

I traded a 18 GT3 for a 17 low miles TTS and will not look back.........both great cars for different uses.........TTS more versatile.......and in my view looks better overall...........of course.....

Last edited by abiazis; 09-02-2018 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 02:45 PM
cpbmd
Burning Brakes

Received 214 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Cay911
Low and CPO, that's the way to go. I bought a 2016 TT Cab last August with 1,900 miles with 3+ years of original warranty left on it from a non Porsche dealer. My local Porsche dealer bought it for me and I paid/added a CPO. Now it's covered until 8/22 or 100,000 miles. You will benefit from Todays CPO which has no mileage constraints.

In the last 10 months I have put over 14,000 miles on the car including few 1,600 mile trips. Car is solid, never even a hiccup. So far my expenses besides gas have been tires and an oil change. Not counting the full PPF I installed when purchased because I knew that I would be DRIVING the car.
Amazing. That’s serious mileage. Great to hear the car is solid. I am looking for a Turbo soon. I have an S now. Need to drive a Turbo to see if I like it.
Thsnks for the post.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:11 PM
guab
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Yeah, these cars are meant to be driven. The only reason I don't put a lot of mileage on the Spyder is because it's really ill-suited as a DD (at home in the canyons). Love it though. Next P car will probably be a TTS and I will put 10,000 miles a year on that without hesitation. Hoping we see some of the 918 electric technology trickle into the next-gen TTS.

Quick Reply: Potential new 911 turbo owner