4-point Roll Cage

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 10:33 PM
StudioRSR_Ben
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4-point Roll Cage

Hey guys,
I work for a high performance tuning facility in Anaheim and one of our customers came to us to have one of our 4-point bolt-in cages. After really digging the cage setup, I thought i'd reach out to the community here and see if we might get enough interest to produce a few more if I get a decent show of hands.
The 991.1 cage was designed as requested, and is only for street and non-sanctioned HPDE's. Our NASA/SCCA spec cages will not have the 5th bend on the main hoop by the middle of the roof. Some alternative providers have had tech inspection issues recently with their main hoop design having a long curved top portion counting as a 5th bend (which technically really is still a bend but with a much larger radius). Most rulebooks only allow for 4 bends on the main hoop that result in a total of 180 degrees with an allowance of +/- 10 degrees. We heard about this from customers calling in and asking about if/when we will release ours. If we have an interest of at least 5 guys from Rennlist or elsewhere, we'll go ahead and do them. Additionally, for anyone with a GT3RS , we will be looking at adding a vertical mounting plate on both sides of the main hoop mounting plates to match the factory roll bar mounting point on the vertical part of the chassis, which oddly enough is still missing from the "Clubsport OEM" cage on eBay that everyone's been talking about.

If you have any questions please feel free to send me a message or give us a call
Ben
Performance Laison at StudioRSR
844-991-5582
Old 06-19-2018, 11:39 PM
Tay101
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by StudioRSR_Ben
Hey guys,
I work for a high performance tuning facility in Anaheim and one of our customers came to us to have one of our 4-point bolt-in cages. After really digging the cage setup, I thought i'd reach out to the community here and see if we might get enough interest to produce a few more if I get a decent show of hands.
The 991.1 cage was designed as requested, and is only for street and non-sanctioned HPDE's. Our NASA/SCCA spec cages will not have the 5th bend on the main hoop by the middle of the roof. Some alternative providers have had tech inspection issues recently with their main hoop design having a long curved top portion counting as a 5th bend (which technically really is still a bend but with a much larger radius). Most rulebooks only allow for 4 bends on the main hoop that result in a total of 180 degrees with an allowance of +/- 10 degrees. We heard about this from customers calling in and asking about if/when we will release ours. If we have an interest of at least 5 guys from Rennlist or elsewhere, we'll go ahead and do them. Additionally, for anyone with a GT3RS , we will be looking at adding a vertical mounting plate on both sides of the main hoop mounting plates to match the factory roll bar mounting point on the vertical part of the chassis, which oddly enough is still missing from the "Clubsport OEM" cage on eBay that everyone's been talking about.

If you have any questions please feel free to send me a message or give us a call
Ben
Performance Laison at StudioRSR
844-991-5582
Pics?
Old 06-20-2018, 09:52 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 767 Likes on 483 Posts

Yea would love to see some pics, or can send to carl@hcvind.com thank you
Old 06-22-2018, 08:35 PM
StudioRSR_Ben
7th Gear

Default 991.1 4-point cage pictures

I'll just let the pictures talk for now. If you guys have any questions feel free to shoot me a message.
-Ben
Old 06-22-2018, 08:40 PM
StudioRSR_Ben
7th Gear

Old 06-24-2018, 06:48 PM
Harry Da Hamster
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Chromoly or mild steel? And what's pricing painted black or raw?
Old 06-24-2018, 06:57 PM
StudioRSR_Ben
7th Gear

Thanks for your interest. We are still finalizing pricing but the cages will be around $2500. We have two options available - DOM mild steel and chromoly 4130. Both options would include powdercoat

Quick Reply: 4-point Roll Cage