Old 06-13-2018, 06:36 PM
Jeff Kay
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with carmine red build PLEASE

doing a Turbo S cab
carmine red
black interior
what to do to have a little pop inside the cabin? what color gauges, belts and floor mats???

also what do u guys think of aero kit in black gloss-6950 + door handles $170 +rear side intakes $600 and lower mirrors +300
compared to the exterior in high gloss black package- 2450$-this does the lower side rockers, rear side intakes, rear valance and center louvers over engine bay (which was in past ONLY available getting the aero kit)

thank you I advance
Old 06-13-2018, 09:43 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Go with the all that you said. You will love the black accents against the Carmine Red. Especially the door handles. I did this for my car in Guards Red and it truly adds a great touch that I love each time I open my car. The Black Glass Sun roof is another eye
catcher that adds to the aesthetic appeal of the car. As far as the interior you may consider the Rhodium Silver deviated stitching along with the white gauges. I find red gauges for me a little difficult to adjust to, but some here on this board love the red stitching along
with the red gauges as well. Look for some pics on this to make sure you love it. And yes go with the Black Aero Kit. It just sharpens up the lines and adds that awesome look. Hey you have a great build. Enjoy putting together the car of your Dreams. The wait is about to
begin.

Jay
Old 06-13-2018, 09:45 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

One last thing. Add the tinted rear tail lights.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Jeff Kay
Instructor

how did u decide on guards red over Carmine?
Old 06-14-2018, 01:14 AM
AviBen
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 76 Posts

This color thing can drive us nuts, can't it!? Sounds like you've decided against the Chalk exterior, and you certainly can't go wrong with Carmine Red. However, you might want to consider deviated stitching in Chalk. I've got it on my black interior and it looks great.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:51 AM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Kay
doing a Turbo S cab
carmine red
black interior
what to do to have a little pop inside the cabin? what color gauges, belts and floor mats???

also what do u guys think of aero kit in black gloss-6950 + door handles $170 +rear side intakes $600 and lower mirrors +300
compared to the exterior in high gloss black package- 2450$-this does the lower side rockers, rear side intakes, rear valance and center louvers over engine bay (which was in past ONLY available getting the aero kit)

thank you I advance
Go with Burgundy stitching, Burgundy center panels on the seats, Burgundy seat belts. Get the gauges in white.

Black gloss aerokit is good too. The exterior kit in high gloss actually looks worse IMO. I prefer the rockers and rear valance in body color to make the car look lower. The Black aerokit only works because the rear wing is high and provides some continuity with the black top and windows.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:42 PM
Jeff Kay
Instructor

Default Carmine

What is burgundy? Bordeaux?
also black aero kit has to be built with side rockers and rear valence in high gloss black not body Color

QUOTE=stealthpilot;15078659]Go with Burgundy stitching, Burgundy center panels on the seats, Burgundy seat belts. Get the gauges in white.

Black gloss aerokit is good too. The exterior kit in high gloss actually looks worse IMO. I prefer the rockers and rear valance in body color to make the car look lower. The Black aerokit only works because the rear wing is high and provides some continuity with the black top and windows.[/QUOTE]
Old 06-14-2018, 12:51 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

What is burgundy? Bordeaux?
also black aero kit has to be built with side rockers and rear valence in high gloss black not body Color

QUOTE=stealthpilot;15078659]Go with Burgundy stitching, Burgundy center panels on the seats, Burgundy seat belts. Get the gauges in white.

Black gloss aerokit is good too. The exterior kit in high gloss actually looks worse IMO. I prefer the rockers and rear valance in body color to make the car look lower. The Black aerokit only works because the rear wing is high and provides some continuity with the black top and windows.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah sorry Bordeaux.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:39 PM
Gjon777
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 20 Posts

I have a 2018 carmine red turbo with many of the black accents that you are talking about but without the aero kit. I love the tinted tail lights and headlights, the door handle in black, model designation painted black. I chose carmine red because my last 911 targa 4s was guards red. Frankly i couldn't be happier with the Carmine Red. I absolutlely love it.
I love the extended stitching and gauges and seat belts in guards red. The stitching and gauges look great in the bordeaux red but the seat belts don't look as nice as the guards red. you see a hint of the purple in the red when its on the seatbelt in my opinion. If I had to do it all over again, I would have added the air vents in red as well. I will post a few pictures.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:11 PM
Jeff Kay
Instructor

PLEASE. that being said how would you recommend to do the gauges, belts, and (IF) seat inserts in Bordeaux??

this is on a turbo s cab exterior carmine and high gloss black aero kit with solid black interior carbon trim

TY
Old 06-14-2018, 03:47 PM
Gjon777
Instructor

I prefer the guards red over the bordeaux. I would do all the gauges, the extended stitching in guards red, as well as the seat belts in guards red for sure. I also like the floor mats with the guards red trim.
I am having a problem uploading photos at this time but they can be seen on the turbo/turbo s pic thread.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:07 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

how did u decide on guards red over Carmine?
I always wanted a Guards Red Turbo Porsche since I was a kid. And I finally made it happen.

Jay
Old 06-14-2018, 10:20 PM
Gjon777
Instructor

Old 06-14-2018, 10:26 PM
Gjon777
Instructor

The outside
Old 06-15-2018, 01:48 PM
Jeff Kay