Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

rock/paint chips behind rear tire

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 08:55 AM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default rock/paint chips behind rear tire

My car seems to have a real problem with this, not just rock chips, but the paint is just getting clean removed behind the rear tires. My car is Agate Gray and the plastic is almost white by comparison so it stands out real clear. I've used touch up paint a few times, and then had a clear bra put around it, the clear bra helps a bunch but didn't quite wrap all the way to the inside edge, so i now have a smooth white line up the inner side of the wheel well. Is this something everyone deals with? or are their any "Better" solutions? I've got a Vette as well, and really appreciate they just make the entire back tire area a hard black plastic and this can't happen. I'd post a picture, but i'm sure you all know what i'm talking about.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:49 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by 99999
My car seems to have a real problem with this, not just rock chips, but the paint is just getting clean removed behind the rear tires. My car is Agate Gray and the plastic is almost white by comparison so it stands out real clear. I've used touch up paint a few times, and then had a clear bra put around it, the clear bra helps a bunch but didn't quite wrap all the way to the inside edge, so i now have a smooth white line up the inner side of the wheel well. Is this something everyone deals with? or are their any "Better" solutions? I've got a Vette as well, and really appreciate they just make the entire back tire area a hard black plastic and this can't happen. I'd post a picture, but i'm sure you all know what i'm talking about.
Lifetime Vette owner here too, I wrap my Vette's 100% after paint correction, every painted surface, on the Porsche I did the front fenders forward, did the rockers and up to the intercooler vents, and just did behind the rear wheels because I put slightly wider rear wheel on, 12" vs the stock 11.5. Never used to clear wrap my cars, but too much stone damage has made it a must for where I live and drive. Of course it needs to be applied early to prevent these issues
Old 05-08-2018, 11:57 AM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hcvone
Lifetime Vette owner here too, I wrap my Vette's 100% after paint correction, every painted surface, on the Porsche I did the front fenders forward, did the rockers and up to the intercooler vents, and just did behind the rear wheels because I put slightly wider rear wheel on, 12" vs the stock 11.5. Never used to clear wrap my cars, but too much stone damage has made it a must for where I live and drive. Of course it needs to be applied early to prevent these issues
my problem is the wrap isn’t apparently covering enough. I’ll try and post a pic later. Either way, I’d rather have a better solution. I see on suncoast, they have rear wheel well trim for GT cars, not sure if that will fit on the turbo, but I’d have to think so. Have the same question out to my dealer.
Old 05-11-2018, 04:18 PM
radctt1
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 70 Posts

same dilemma with my sapphire blue TTS. Like also to hear some solutions

Quick Reply: rock/paint chips behind rear tire