Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   So i wanna trade my Turbo (1 month old) For a Turbo S - Help needed (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/1066682-so-i-wanna-trade-my-turbo-1-month-old-for-a-turbo-s-help-needed.html)

triplekg 05-02-2018 02:47 PM

So i wanna trade my Turbo (1 month old) For a Turbo S - Help needed

Hello All!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...y-arrived.html

that is my car. Ive had it for a month now. Honestly it's taken me all of the month and 1500km to "love" the car. Now I do. The Car is amazing. I learn something new every day.

I know it's fast as hell but I think I just want a tad bit more performance. Plus there are some options I regret not getting and a few I realize I don't need.

Should I go back to my dealer I purchased the car from and try to work a deal on a S? I may call a few dealers and see if they have a S allotment. The thing I dont want to do is an early trade in. I don't want to lose the car while the other one is getting build (I did this with my corvette and missed not having a car)

I really don't think I'll lose much if anything on trade.

Plus I love my Red but Wanted White (Wife talked me out of it!).

Randyc151 05-02-2018 08:17 PM

Unless you sell it outright, you are certainly going to take a hit, because the dealer is going to soak you for 5-8%, even if they think they can sell it at MSRP or what you paid. That said, life is short. Get what you want. Order the new car, trade this one in on it when the new one makes it's way here. That way you can enjoy it for the summer, and get a 2019 Turbo S in white later. Just bite the bullet and forgive yourself for changing your mind.

Nanook 05-02-2018 09:29 PM

Life is short..two people I know fell over dead with heart attacks this week...57 and 61...

DJ23 05-02-2018 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by triplekg (Post 14982734)
Hello All!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...y-arrived.html

that is my car. Ive had it for a month now. Honestly it's taken me all of the month and 1500km to "love" the car. Now I do. The Car is amazing. I learn something new every day.

I know it's fast as hell but I think I just want a tad bit more performance. Plus there are some options I regret not getting and a few I realize I don't need.

Should I go back to my dealer I purchased the car from and try to work a deal on a S? I may call a few dealers and see if they have a S allotment. The thing I dont want to do is an early trade in. I don't want to lose the car while the other one is getting build (I did this with my corvette and missed not having a car)

I really don't think I'll lose much if anything on trade.

Plus I love my Red but Wanted White (Wife talked me out of it!).

I have to agree with other posts. If you are not happy see if you can get the "S" allocation and get those options that you wanted. But make sure you get the color right this time. I could have sworn that you wanted Guards Red but decided on Carmine. Listen, I could care less if you get a Guards Red similar to mine. It doesn't matter. It's your car. Think very hard on what you want. Drive your present car over the summer unless the dealer wants an early trade. If he does then you negotiate the price more so to your advantage not his.

Jay
​​​​​​​
Good luck with your decision.

Randyc151 05-02-2018 10:13 PM

I'm looking forward to the "White Turbo S build" thread!! Haha!

theunitedstates 05-02-2018 10:38 PM

You have a badass looking vehicle, so you can't lose!!

That being said, if you want a TTS, shop around and see what it will cost you. Life is short...I'd go order a TTS and enjoy in good health if that is what I wanted to do.

hcvone 05-03-2018 07:38 AM

If you just want more performance you can call Sam at By Design, as said if you trade your new car in for an S, the only people that will make out is the dealer, of course white Porsche's are the fastest ;)

Lizard1 05-03-2018 10:29 AM

Oh man, you sound like me....but usually I have my wife telling me to do “whatever” while she’s rolling her eyes and then the guilt sinks in and I learn my lesson. This time I just went ahead and did big from the beginning and went TTS cab heavily optioned. Car is on boat winding it’s way down the East Coast right now. That being said, no matter how good a friend you are with the dealer et al, I’m predicting at least a 10% hit.

I feel ya but sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do!

goin2drt 05-03-2018 10:39 AM

You will lose your a$$ in a trade. The second you drove that Turbo off the lot money got burnt in the exhaust pipe. Trust me I owned one.

Having said that if you can order a car to your exact spec and can make the finances work, go for it.

If that is too much to handle I know a guy that can fix your power needs, look no further than Sambo.

ace37 05-03-2018 12:23 PM

You may want to investigate both tuning and a custom car wrap. It will save you a bundle, give you a lot more customization, and make the car considerably faster than an S for less than the upgrade would cost you.

That said, there’s one way to get a white turbo S, and some options can’t be retrofit.

Glad you love the platform, and I hope you end up with a “keeper” at the end of this! You’ll certainly have a story 😁

triplekg 05-03-2018 12:26 PM

is the 2019 S going to be the facelifted model?

SamboTT@ByDesign 05-03-2018 12:58 PM

Hey guys!

triplekg, I feel you...First of all happy wife happy life can definitely suck at times haha! Although mine is usually correct :nono:

I agree life is short. For many of us if you work to afford it it's your earned pleasure and should be on point. I will say that red is rare and it's true you can get great power and sound out of her to the same level as if it were an S. Feel free to reach out and go over it or I can even help you with options. Another thing that may effect your decision...If you do a few things to teh TT they can be moved over to the S if that ultimately becomes the "solution"

Good luck!

Dennis C 05-03-2018 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by triplekg (Post 14984910)
is the 2019 S going to be the facelifted model?

I'd be shocked if there was a 2019 Turbo S available, and it's likely to be the 991 series if it's available at all. I'd expect the 992 Turbo S in 2020 or even 2021.

ace37 05-03-2018 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dennis C (Post 14985722)
I'd be shocked if there was a 2019 Turbo S available, and it's likely to be the 991 series if it's available at all. I'd expect the 992 Turbo S in 2020 or even 2021.

Agreed, the 991.2 may be available a bit longer depending on what they decide to produce. When it stops, I would not expect it to be back in production until a year or two after the new generation Carrera is available. The 991.1 Carreras were available as late model year 2012 cars but the 991.1 turbo S was released as a model year 2014 car.

DJ23 05-03-2018 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by ace37 (Post 14985789)

Agreed, the 991.2 may be available a bit longer depending on what they decide to produce. When it stops, I would not expect it to be back in production until a year or two after the new generation Carrera is available. The 991.1 Carreras were available as late model year 2012 cars but the 991.1 turbo S was released as a model year 2014 car.

According to an article I read in "Total 911" recently, the production of 991.2's has ended. You would have to wait for the new iteration of the 992.

Jay