Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 02:47 PM
triplekg
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts
Default So i wanna trade my Turbo (1 month old) For a Turbo S - Help needed

Hello All!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...y-arrived.html

that is my car. Ive had it for a month now. Honestly it's taken me all of the month and 1500km to "love" the car. Now I do. The Car is amazing. I learn something new every day.

I know it's fast as hell but I think I just want a tad bit more performance. Plus there are some options I regret not getting and a few I realize I don't need.

Should I go back to my dealer I purchased the car from and try to work a deal on a S? I may call a few dealers and see if they have a S allotment. The thing I dont want to do is an early trade in. I don't want to lose the car while the other one is getting build (I did this with my corvette and missed not having a car)

I really don't think I'll lose much if anything on trade.

Plus I love my Red but Wanted White (Wife talked me out of it!).
Old 05-02-2018, 08:17 PM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

Unless you sell it outright, you are certainly going to take a hit, because the dealer is going to soak you for 5-8%, even if they think they can sell it at MSRP or what you paid. That said, life is short. Get what you want. Order the new car, trade this one in on it when the new one makes it's way here. That way you can enjoy it for the summer, and get a 2019 Turbo S in white later. Just bite the bullet and forgive yourself for changing your mind.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:29 PM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Life is short..two people I know fell over dead with heart attacks this week...57 and 61...
Old 05-02-2018, 10:10 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by triplekg
Hello All!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...y-arrived.html

that is my car. Ive had it for a month now. Honestly it's taken me all of the month and 1500km to "love" the car. Now I do. The Car is amazing. I learn something new every day.

I know it's fast as hell but I think I just want a tad bit more performance. Plus there are some options I regret not getting and a few I realize I don't need.

Should I go back to my dealer I purchased the car from and try to work a deal on a S? I may call a few dealers and see if they have a S allotment. The thing I dont want to do is an early trade in. I don't want to lose the car while the other one is getting build (I did this with my corvette and missed not having a car)

I really don't think I'll lose much if anything on trade.

Plus I love my Red but Wanted White (Wife talked me out of it!).
I have to agree with other posts. If you are not happy see if you can get the "S" allocation and get those options that you wanted. But make sure you get the color right this time. I could have sworn that you wanted Guards Red but decided on Carmine. Listen, I could care less if you get a Guards Red similar to mine. It doesn't matter. It's your car. Think very hard on what you want. Drive your present car over the summer unless the dealer wants an early trade. If he does then you negotiate the price more so to your advantage not his.

Jay
​​​​​​​
Good luck with your decision.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:13 PM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

I'm looking forward to the "White Turbo S build" thread!! Haha!
Old 05-02-2018, 10:38 PM
theunitedstates
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

You have a badass looking vehicle, so you can't lose!!

That being said, if you want a TTS, shop around and see what it will cost you. Life is short...I'd go order a TTS and enjoy in good health if that is what I wanted to do.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:38 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 750 Likes on 473 Posts

If you just want more performance you can call Sam at By Design, as said if you trade your new car in for an S, the only people that will make out is the dealer, of course white Porsche's are the fastest
Old 05-03-2018, 10:29 AM
Lizard1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man, you sound like me....but usually I have my wife telling me to do “whatever” while she’s rolling her eyes and then the guilt sinks in and I learn my lesson. This time I just went ahead and did big from the beginning and went TTS cab heavily optioned. Car is on boat winding it’s way down the East Coast right now. That being said, no matter how good a friend you are with the dealer et al, I’m predicting at least a 10% hit.

I feel ya but sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do!
Old 05-03-2018, 10:39 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

You will lose your a$$ in a trade. The second you drove that Turbo off the lot money got burnt in the exhaust pipe. Trust me I owned one.

Having said that if you can order a car to your exact spec and can make the finances work, go for it.

If that is too much to handle I know a guy that can fix your power needs, look no further than Sambo.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:23 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

You may want to investigate both tuning and a custom car wrap. It will save you a bundle, give you a lot more customization, and make the car considerably faster than an S for less than the upgrade would cost you.

That said, there’s one way to get a white turbo S, and some options can’t be retrofit.

Glad you love the platform, and I hope you end up with a “keeper” at the end of this! You’ll certainly have a story 😁
Old 05-03-2018, 12:26 PM
triplekg
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts

is the 2019 S going to be the facelifted model?
Old 05-03-2018, 12:58 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 914 Likes on 559 Posts

Hey guys!

triplekg, I feel you...First of all happy wife happy life can definitely suck at times haha! Although mine is usually correct

I agree life is short. For many of us if you work to afford it it's your earned pleasure and should be on point. I will say that red is rare and it's true you can get great power and sound out of her to the same level as if it were an S. Feel free to reach out and go over it or I can even help you with options. Another thing that may effect your decision...If you do a few things to teh TT they can be moved over to the S if that ultimately becomes the "solution"

Good luck!

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Old 05-03-2018, 05:52 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 772 Posts

Originally Posted by triplekg
is the 2019 S going to be the facelifted model?
I'd be shocked if there was a 2019 Turbo S available, and it's likely to be the 991 series if it's available at all. I'd expect the 992 Turbo S in 2020 or even 2021.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:30 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
I'd be shocked if there was a 2019 Turbo S available, and it's likely to be the 991 series if it's available at all. I'd expect the 992 Turbo S in 2020 or even 2021.
Agreed, the 991.2 may be available a bit longer depending on what they decide to produce. When it stops, I would not expect it to be back in production until a year or two after the new generation Carrera is available. The 991.1 Carreras were available as late model year 2012 cars but the 991.1 turbo S was released as a model year 2014 car.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:25 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by ace37

Agreed, the 991.2 may be available a bit longer depending on what they decide to produce. When it stops, I would not expect it to be back in production until a year or two after the new generation Carrera is available. The 991.1 Carreras were available as late model year 2012 cars but the 991.1 turbo S was released as a model year 2014 car.
According to an article I read in "Total 911" recently, the production of 991.2's has ended. You would have to wait for the new iteration of the 992.

Jay

Quick Reply: So i wanna trade my Turbo (1 month old) For a Turbo S - Help needed