Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Finally got a TTS allocation! now I need some help...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 12:26 AM
Elliott991TS
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Old 02-20-2018, 12:46 AM
bigbporscheguy
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thx Jay for link. Your Guards Red TTS is gorgeous. I recently saw my first Guards Red 911 this weekend.
Beautiful color! Like I said, it sure doesn't get any easier with all these gorgeous choices. I'm a bit partial to the
black/bordeaux interior - loved it since the first time I saw it, but I also love the blue/chalk interior. So many
options will rattle your brain. I'm going to back this weekend and see if I can compare Carmine Red and Guards
Red side by side. I don't think pictures do them justice.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:49 AM
bigbporscheguy
Advanced

Elliott991TS - one of the prettiest sapphire blue cabs I've seen. Beautiful wheels. Thx for uploading the pic. I've been scouring this forum for ideas and
I'm starting to narrow down color choices to White, - some form of red, OR Gemini Blue Metallic.

If I go with the gemini blue, I'm think of a blue and silver combination throughout but I can't tell which interior would look good with the gemini blue exterior color.
Any suggestions?

If Carmine or Guards Red - what do you suggest - all black? anything else besides that?
Old 02-20-2018, 09:08 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,243 Likes on 780 Posts

I’ve always avoided black, silver, or grey 911s because they are so common in the Porsche world. I’m glad to see that you’re considering some color! A unique color doesn’t have to be flashy. My TTS is Mahogany Brown Metallic, and I love it. It’s unique but it isn’t flashy, which is exactly what I want.

As mentioned above, these cars look great in virtually any color. There’s no wrong choice here; get the color you like.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:24 AM
Elliott991TS
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbporscheguy
Elliott991TS - one of the prettiest sapphire blue cabs I've seen. Beautiful wheels. Thx for uploading the pic. I've been scouring this forum for ideas and
I'm starting to narrow down color choices to White, - some form of red, OR Gemini Blue Metallic.

If I go with the gemini blue, I'm think of a blue and silver combination throughout but I can't tell which interior would look good with the gemini blue exterior color.
Any suggestions?

If Carmine or Guards Red - what do you suggest - all black? anything else besides that?
Thank you
I have black/luxor beige interior with yellow seat belts, that I like a lot, I would also choose the same interior with red exterior, just my 2 cents

Last edited by Elliott991TS; 02-20-2018 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:45 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

I've read here that the Burmester stereo option is actually lighter than the Bose due to the use of different speaker and amplifier tech. I've never fact checked it. Regardless, the car isn't light and any difference will be imperceptible. I like high quality audio despite the fact that the car is loud, the noise floor is high, and I frequently don't have good enough source material to enjoy the benefits. The times I do get to enjoy it I really like it, and I bought this car to own for a long time.

I avoided CL wheels and have been very happy with that decision. I like the looks of them but had them before and didn't want the hassle. I don't see a benefit aside from being unique, and I don't want to require the extra tools and such.

I built mine in GR with black accents and the black aerokit. The black aerokit and accents can add a lot to most colors. If you want a more vibrant color, get one! Check them out in person in a variety of lighting conditions.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:50 PM
bigbporscheguy
Advanced

So I did get a bit of bad news this morning, which I'm sure I could have figured out had I scoured the other forums - looks like PCNA put a stop order on
all PTS/CXX for the MY18. To put it bluntly - this sucks. Not to say that the regular colors are bad, but it would have been nice to get a
PTS. My dreams of Gemini Blue Metallic are fading away...

If any of experience TTS owners or PTS TTS owners have any insight into the ordering process - again, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:34 PM
wru
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 149 Posts

not PTS here, but you can't go wrong with the orderables... just get the one that strikes you.

Go for the Burmester - yes, it matters.

I too went with sport classics vs. centerlocks. I have a Targa with the centerlocks and i just like the look of the sport classics. Besides, get bored with them and just thrown on some HRE's :-)

best of luck - just getting an allocation is a victory these days!
Old 02-21-2018, 11:17 PM
JD911
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 49 Posts

Good luck with the decision. Too many choices makes it even harder.

I prefer the "different" colors and ended up with Graphite Blue Metallic. It's not for everyone, but I love it. I also prefer the center lock wheels.

Old 02-23-2018, 12:35 PM
NiteJav
Burning Brakes

Received 288 Likes on 170 Posts

You can always do Irish Green. Not flashy, and its a polite nod to the first and one millionth 911. https://jalopnik.com/gaze-at-the-bea...ing-1798359308

If you live in the places where you get snow and your car will see snow I would avoid the CL's. Dealer is full of it saying the CL's add value. Not sure what to say on the audio part, other then road noise and other factors should come into play. Ask to maybe drive a regular 911 with bose versus burm, and see if you notice a difference and then go from there. Make sure to bring some higher fidelity music along for the ride.

Last edited by NiteJav; 02-23-2018 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:02 PM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

As for the Burmester...value has been discussed often but to me I have it and surmise it is better than the std Bose of which I have not auditioned but...caveat...it's really not that great in it's own....i have a Harmon System in my ML63 which is the std system (there is a $$$$ Merc option I've never heard) and fantastic...much better than the Burmester but I guess it's maybe as good as it gets...regardless of how I tweak the settings I can never get it to my liking...just my .02
Old 02-23-2018, 04:42 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by JD911
Good luck with the decision. Too many choices makes it even harder.

I prefer the "different" colors and ended up with Graphite Blue Metallic. It's not for everyone, but I love it. I also prefer the center lock wheels.

Love it!
I ordered a GT3 Touring in the same colour!
Old 02-23-2018, 05:03 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by JW1
I vote for flashy colors. Even though I love my white TTS, whenever I see another TT/S in lava orange/yellow/red/miami/mexico blue, I wish that I would have gone with one of those other colors. If you like the TT wheels, by all means, go with them. That's what I did and I had the dealer powdercoat mine gloss black to match the other black accents. For the stock wheels, I also added 8mm ECS spacers up front and 10mm at the back. The stance is now similar to the stance when fitted with my HRE's during the warmer months. As for the ACC, I got it mainly for the emergency braking capability just in case of a possible front end collision.

John

Those powder coated TT wheels + spacers look really niiiiice! The stance looks perfect. Is it lowered?
Old 02-23-2018, 06:42 PM
JW1
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks. Yup, it is lowered with TA springs.
Old 02-23-2018, 07:31 PM
RDH
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ that white Turbo looks insane....

Quick Reply: Finally got a TTS allocation! now I need some help...