Sponsored by: Road Spy

Methanol install help

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2020, 07:40 PM
dgreen78
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Methanol install help

Hey guys, I’m installing a Snow meth kit & 68mm turbos in my shop and was wondering how everyone is running the line from front to rear. I’m not seeing any grommets in the frunk so far. If anyone has installed methanol and has any tips or pics that would be great! Thanks!
Old 08-30-2020, 05:04 AM
BMS
Former Vendor

Received 259 Likes on 198 Posts

In the frunk, under the cloth liner the firewall has some holes you can put the line through.
That line will pop out towards the front firewall near the battery. Then you can snake it behind and under the wheel well covering.
You will have to remove the full rear under panel of the car and the one long driver side one. You can snake the line and wiring all under that.
Zip tie it to the existing fuel lines etc, then follow that all the way up behind the rear axle to the top of the rear most part of the engine.
It will help you have a second person up top to pull the line while you're at the bottom poking it through and throughout the whole install lol.

Sorry I don't have any pictures of anything I described above this was the relatively quick and clean/reversible method. I've installed a few methanol kits and it's the same between the .1 and .2.
You can post your pictures if you want me to verify anything for you

-Payam
The following users liked this post:
Agentorange (08-31-2020)
Old 08-31-2020, 10:43 PM
streetdreams5520
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Similar to what I did

I have pics somewhere dm me ill post but ill need a reminder!

Originally Posted by BMS
In the frunk, under the cloth liner the firewall has some holes you can put the line through.
That line will pop out towards the front firewall near the battery. Then you can snake it behind and under the wheel well covering.
You will have to remove the full rear under panel of the car and the one long driver side one. You can snake the line and wiring all under that.
Zip tie it to the existing fuel lines etc, then follow that all the way up behind the rear axle to the top of the rear most part of the engine.
It will help you have a second person up top to pull the line while you're at the bottom poking it through and throughout the whole install lol.

Sorry I don't have any pictures of anything I described above this was the relatively quick and clean/reversible method. I've installed a few methanol kits and it's the same between the .1 and .2.
You can post your pictures if you want me to verify anything for you

-Payam
Old 09-01-2020, 05:18 AM
streetdreams5520
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Routed throught the pass side

BMS (09-01-2020)
Old 09-03-2020, 05:39 AM
dgreen78
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the help guys! I ended up using the grommet behind the tire inflator (had to open it up slightly) and snaking it thru the passenger fender under the liner. Zip tied to the AC line and then over the axle into the engine bay.

Next obstacle is installing the gauge in the chrono pod. Any tips where to tap into the vacuum/boost pressure line?
kouzman (09-03-2020)
Old 09-03-2020, 06:22 PM
Ttz06vette
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by dgreen78
Thanks for the help guys! I ended up using the grommet behind the tire inflator (had to open it up slightly) and snaking it thru the passenger fender under the liner. Zip tied to the AC line and then over the axle into the engine bay.

Next obstacle is installing the gauge in the chrono pod. Any tips where to tap into the vacuum/boost pressure line?
Great that you are doing the install yourself. Any chance you can document it with pics along the way? Good chance I will be doing it at some point.
kouzman (09-05-2020)
Old 09-08-2020, 04:21 PM
Visceral
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 112 Posts

Yeah, I have a kit sitting waiting for me to make time. I'd love a little bit of a tutorial, including for the gauge, please. I think I'd rather install that in the "Smoking package" tray.
kouzman (09-08-2020)
Old 01-13-2021, 10:28 PM
giovanniv
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any update on this and how the install went? Would love to see pictures if you documented it!
Old 01-14-2021, 05:55 AM
BMS
Former Vendor

Received 259 Likes on 198 Posts

Here's a little video I made that gives a basic routing idea for the lines:

If you guys need any parts for your methanol install you can always get some from us, we have pumps, lines, tanks, solenoids, nozzles, etc.

-Payam
The following 2 users liked this post by BMS:
TtimeS (01-16-2021), ZIP22 (01-23-2022)
Old 01-14-2021, 10:37 AM
Ttz06vette
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by BMS
Here's a little video I made that gives a basic routing idea for the lines:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_a3MLHKaEs

If you guys need any parts for your methanol install you can always get some from us, we have pumps, lines, tanks, solenoids, nozzles, etc.

-Payam
Thanks Payam. This helps a lot. Just need someone who has done the Snow controller or similar to do one now so we can put the two videos together! We have some great DIY videos out there now on coolers, Y pipes, intakes, headers and exhaust, and even VTG upgrades. Just need a complete one now on meth kit install.
BMS (01-14-2021)

Quick Reply: Methanol install help