Elliott991TS
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

wow, thank you for posting this
Old 10-26-2017, 12:42 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Nothing new here. Stating the pretty damn obvious. Doesn't change the fact that a CPO car is preferable because it has a longer warranty. And doesn't change the fact that you should always have the car inspected yourself by an independent third party.

BTW The way this guy talks reminds me of Saul Goodman. Especially how he laughs at some of the phrases using laughter to signal.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:59 PM
nolimits
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Good thread. Once you've tried reasonable approaches, always remember your biggest leverage, depending on situation, will be something that actually impacts the dealer or manufacturer. Bad references and speaking up can cause lost sales, dealers obviously don't like that. Public forums, the media, other regular customers, spreading the word in your circles or within target groups the dealers sell to. Negative reviews on multiple large websites do get visibility. Unethical tactics exposed don't lead to the all important reference sale from past buyers. Buyer beware as usual.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:22 PM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

I just think that a lot of buyers are ill informed to the actual value/strength of a CPO claim..a little history..years ago I purchased my first BWM..a used 540 in premium condition from a large Vancouver BMW dealer...since I was from out of province an out of province inspection was mandatory prior to registering it..it so happened the local BMW dealer I dealt with did the inspection...this was a BMW "certified pre-owned" vehicle that the local BMW dealer failed because of excessive tire wear...and the scrap was on...who was responsible to make the car good..? The tires passed the BMW cpo criteria but failed the out of province inspection (don't recall spec)..in the end we ended up splitting the cost for two new rear tires...needless to say I felt somewhat jaded...buyer beware..CPO or not

Quick Reply: An interesting spin on the CPO warranty