Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

991.2 TT/TTS stock suspension question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 02:16 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 326 Likes on 216 Posts
Default 991.2 TT/TTS stock suspension question.

So presently the owner of a 991.1 GTS (a keeper) but have always wanted to own a true Turbo (on the bucket list) so have started the process of a few test drives, evaluating all the options configuration, etc.

At this time I have only driven a non-S slightly used version that popped up at my local dealer,....arranging a few more test drives soon. The first one did however give me a little bit of a surprise due to suspension feel. (before this the last Turbo I drove was quite a few years ago)

I found the suspension to be notably firmer compared to the GTS in either Normal or Sport mode for PASM. Note it was not what I would call "harsh",...but seemed quite a bit firmer. The particular example I drove, even though fairly low miles (~7K) was not what I would call a pristine example and I do know how dealers tend to inflate tires quite high,...so it may/may not have been the ultimate first test.

Given the Turbo's high capabilities I can definitely see it having a bit more firmness built in, but there are hardly any reviews/comparisons/data as to how much compared to a mid-level 911S/GTS, etc.

All opinions welcome here, thx!
Old 08-30-2017, 03:19 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

The 991 turbo and 991GTS struts are the same and same valving.

I am not sure about the spring rates but that shouldn't make a big difference. Tire pressures sure do make a difference in driving stiffness
Old 08-30-2017, 09:56 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

PDCC could give the impression of significant roll stiffness. Was that a likely contributor?
Old 08-30-2017, 10:34 PM
Super_K
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny, I recently drove a new Turbo 991.1 and found the suspension quite a bit softer and even bouncy compared to my 991.1 C4S w/SPASM in normal mode. I was surprised how soft the car felt. I do have a 991.2 TTS on order and am eager to see how that feels.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:52 AM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 326 Likes on 216 Posts

No PDCC so that is not a cause. As mentioned the particular example I drove looked like it had been driven hard and put way wet. For 7K miles it looked like it had 50K on it. Should of checked the tire pressures, tread, etc. but it was a trade-in the dealer had already sold and they were just nice enough to let me have it for a few miles. Didn't notice any lowering and looked stock. Need to get some more seat time for sure!

Quick Reply: 991.2 TT/TTS stock suspension question.