Considering Cobb tune AP3

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 12:23 AM
spraguedawley
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Considering Cobb tune AP3

Hello everybody.

I am considering a cobb AP3 for my 991.1 TTS, which has a europipe.

Can anyone share their experience regarding this setup? Particularly out of the box. Is there a noticable difference for daily and spirited driving. I do not track or race my car.

I find the plug and play very attractive, but the dyno sheets show low and mid Range gain with loss of power and torque at top with the preprogrammed map. Does this need a custom map, or will I just end up going catless and upgrading my turbos and intercoolers?

Thanks for any info you can share.

Old 08-22-2017, 01:13 AM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by spraguedawley
Hello everybody.

I am considering a cobb AP3 for my 991.1 TTS, which has a europipe.

Can anyone share their experience regarding this setup? Particularly out of the box. Is there a noticable difference for daily and spirited driving. I do not track or race my car.

I find the plug and play very attractive, but the dyno sheets show low and mid Range gain with loss of power and torque at top with the preprogrammed map. Does this need a custom map, or will I just end up going catless and upgrading my turbos and intercoolers?

Thanks for any info you can share.

Hello,

Can't say enough good things about, but let my try to sum it up for you-

1. Customer service and support #1
2. Availability to data log and get a custom tune back in your hands in 30min or less is priceless.
3. Countinous monitoring of different gauges with the AP, if you leave it installed.
4. They are always on vanguard of technology with the latest products.
5. AP can hold many tunes, not sure of the number, but it's a lot.

Hope this helps, and yes, you will notice a difference out of the box, but I would highly take advanced and of it's capabilities and do a custom tune!

Manuel

Quick Reply: Considering Cobb tune AP3