Sponsored by: Road Spy

Porsche Experience Center Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 03:44 PM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Porsche Experience Center Atlanta

Had the opportunity to visit the PECATL yesterday and exercise a Turbo S prior to the delivery of my Turbo, that I should receive in the next week to 10 days. What a blast! The Turbo was everything I had hoped it to be! Couldn't detect even a hint of lag at anytime and the car is just blazingly fast. Tried every mode from normal to Sport to Sport+, with and without PSM. Coming from a 15 GT3 I was concerned about understeer, but at no time on the road course or slalom did it show it's head. Much different experience on the wet skidpad however, where the all wheel drive really felt different than a 2 wheel drive car. Had to get used to accelerating to let the front wheels pull the car back on line. Really amazing and I was able to complete a 360 drift on a few occasions, but the norm was keeping it in control for 1/2 to 3/4 of the skid pad circle. Will take some getting used too. Again the car just hooked up everywhere and I felt confident as the car just hunkered down and pulled like a freight train. The car absolutely did not feel heavy or awkward and took left right transitions and slaloms in stride. Very confidence inspiring. My driving coach let me have my way with the car and I really feel like I got a serious taste of the Turbo and it's all wheel drive system. My buddy drove the GT3 RS and at the end of the session we spoke to our respective instructors and the Chief of Operations. They all said that the Turbo S was the fastest car around the course at the Center, but admitted that they preferred the rawness of the RS. Their statements validated what some of the magazines have reported regarding the Turbo S being a match for the RS on track. My driving coach said that the 17 Turbo's are a very different car handling wise. Said he didn't exactly know everything that was changed but that it was a much improved package ands a night and day difference over earlier models. In all a fantastic day. Hats off to the Porsche Center and their friendly and informative coaching staff. They are awesome!!
Old 08-06-2017, 05:50 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 515 Posts

Is there anything that you didn't like about the GT3? I am contemplating Turbo S versus GT3 .2...thanks for any info......I would drive either car 2 or so days a week....including an occasional track day maybe once every few months....GT3 depreciation being minimal is a consideration for me anyways...
Old 08-06-2017, 06:38 PM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts

Loved my15 GT3. Turbos are just different. But I'd have to say that the new Turbos are very impressive. If you aren't tracking a lot the Turbo would be the way to go IMHO.

Quick Reply: Porsche Experience Center Atlanta