Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Opinions on this build? Locking now...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 06:18 PM
Super_K
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on this build? Locking now...

Was given an allocation to lock right now. Opinions? Given the aesthetic, is there anything major missing?

Exterior Color N0 Agate Grey Metallic
Interior Color AZ Leather Interior in Black
"PORSCHE" Logo and Model Designation "911" Painted Chosen color: Black
LED Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
Tinted Taillights Porsche
Porsche Entry & Drive
Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass
Headlight Cleaning System Covers in Exterior Color
Exterior Package Painted Porsche
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Front Axle Lift System
20" 911 Turbo S Wheels
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) incl.
Porsche Active Safe (PAS)
Lane Change Assist (LCA)
Light Design Package
Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with
Memory Package
Seat Heating (Front)
Seat Ventilation (Front)
Smoking Package
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
Porsche Crest on Headrests
Old 07-28-2017, 06:29 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Turbo? Or Turbo S?

If the former you're missing PDCC. And in either case your missing Burmester. Otherwise, I think you checked all the boxes...

Agate is a good color. I got bored with black interior and silver wheels.
Attached Images  

Last edited by worf928; 07-28-2017 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Lysdexia
Old 07-28-2017, 06:31 PM
Super_K
Rennlist Member

Oh, to be clear - Turbo S and I did add Burmester but it printed out on the next page so i didn't copy paste it in above...

I don't see PDCC as an option, i thought it was included.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:33 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,100 Posts

PDCC is standard on the S.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:37 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 84 Posts

In almost all regions the Front Axle Lift System is unnecessary as the TTS rides higher than you would expect and the front lip spoiler can be retracted.

I would consider something to add a bit more interest to the interior - deviated stitching, painted trim or gauges, or something like that.

Enjoy the car when it arrives!
Old 07-28-2017, 08:56 PM
Super_K
Rennlist Member

Good point ace, I do live in a hilly area with lots of steep driveways that scrape my C4S now, though it's got SPASM so the front lip is particularly low. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Agree on the stitching or something else to make the interior more interesting. Thanks for the encouragement. I'll think it over (quickly).
Old 07-29-2017, 12:39 AM
Hawkeye911
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice build!

I passed on deviated stitching as I thought it looked too "busy". Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I do like the look at times, but have no regrets in passing on it.

I have a black interior and went with the yellow seat belts. These match the brake calipers and give a great contrast to the interior - a very "sporty" look.

I also have the Aero kit,which I love.

I did a lot of the extended leather as well , including the steering column. Sounds cheesy, but I love it. I'm sure I'm the only person that even notices, but I notice it every time I get behind the wheel.

My regrets... (1) I passed on the leather covered rear view mirror and (2) I also passed on leather covered trim for the seats (In the lever area, as the backs come in leather already on the S).

I did get the leather sun visor, but would have waited and bought these after market if I had realized the factory variant has the hideous safety stickers.
Old 07-29-2017, 11:52 AM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great build. I would pass on lift system on a Turbo. On mine I ordered the basic extended deviating stitching package. Wanted some but not too much. So I think I got a single line of sticking in the upper doors and dash. I think the new Bose changes along with the Musicar tweeter upgrade puts it well above the base Burmester. I went Burmester again but only for resale (and it probably won’t make a difference dollar wise on trade) but in my opinion, it’s not worth $3700 (I am very into music and quality). Is OK, not great.
Old 07-29-2017, 01:46 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,559 Likes on 976 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawkeye911
Nice build!

I passed on deviated stitching as I thought it looked too "busy". Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I do like the look at times, but have no regrets in passing on it.

I have a black interior and went with the yellow seat belts. These match the brake calipers and give a great contrast to the interior - a very "sporty" look.

I also have the Aero kit,which I love.

I did a lot of the extended leather as well , including the steering column. Sounds cheesy, but I love it. I'm sure I'm the only person that even notices, but I notice it every time I get behind the wheel.

My regrets... (1) I passed on the leather covered rear view mirror and (2) I also passed on leather covered trim for the seats (In the lever area, as the backs come in leather already on the S).

I did get the leather sun visor, but would have waited and bought these after market if I had realized the factory variant has the hideous safety stickers.
Good comments here.

The extended leather package is a nice upgrade, and I believe that the leather covered steering column is a great option that really adds to the interior. I also really like leather sun visors (don't have them in my 991, had them in my 997). Where can I buy the aftermarket versions?
Old 07-29-2017, 03:03 PM
Hawkeye911
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Good comments here.

The extended leather package is a nice upgrade, and I believe that the leather covered steering column is a great option that really adds to the interior. I also really like leather sun visors (don't have them in my 991, had them in my 997). Where can I buy the aftermarket versions?

Check out this link, Dennis (Suncoast Porsche)...
https://www.suncoastparts.com/catego...BOINTLEAT.html
Old 07-30-2017, 02:01 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,559 Likes on 976 Posts

Thanks. I think I'll order those.
Old 07-30-2017, 02:20 AM
Super_K
Rennlist Member

Great comments everyone thanks - i'll be considering the seat belts and extending some leather. I agree the steering column and other items might be good to do but I would like to keep it under 220. Earlier I was tapping on surfaces in a current vehicle to try to figure out how important each piece is.. decisions.

Quick Reply: Opinions on this build? Locking now...