Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meet Barbara Boeckenhoff, the new Manager of 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 06:33 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,407 Likes on 2,514 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
IHI
FIFY
Old 01-07-2015, 06:38 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
ok, ill be the first to say it, with all due and appropriate respect... what a beautiful and sexy woman...me thinks Porsche knows what its doing... brains and beauty...and a (largely) male purchasing demographic... good formula for success... bravo
;-)
Old 01-07-2015, 07:01 PM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This could be the worst spec / color combo I ever have seen.
Where did Black and White come into play…..
Old 01-08-2015, 01:19 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default 'Porsche Exclusive' and a brief off-topic into 'Mantis Green'...

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Thanks Eduardo - I assume they'll offer pretty much nothing for the RS just like the GT3? Do you think this is a sign that PTS is going to startup again?
Originally Posted by bigkraig
Barbara told me back in November that the PTS program would be resuming in June/July.
Originally Posted by RossL
So basically they won't be doing anything for us GT3 and GT3 RS to be owners
First of all, the selection of Barbara Boeckenhoff as the new manager of 'Porsche Exclusive' is independent of the recent issues with PTS at 'Porsche Exclusive' in Germany. Sascha Glaeser, the former manager, was promoted to be in charge of the Porsche Performance Centers (coming up soon in Atlanta & Los Angeles) and this department needed a new manager. So the search for Sascha replacement started last Spring, way before these recent troubles with PTS. And as 'bigkraig' reported to us after the Los Angeles Auto Show, Barbara is confident that PTS will be back on-line by June of 2015 to coincide with MY2016 start of production.

Sadly, that may not mean much for gt3 and gt3 RS customers since gt3's will have stopped production and (I believe) MY2015 gt3 RS will be a limited production run that will not offer PTS. It will however have at least one new special color - 'Blutorange/Tangerine/LavaOrange' - or whatever they call it.

'Porsche Exclusive' has never offered much choice in interior options to gt3 and gt3 RS owners in the past. And I presume they never will. So those of you hoping for that 'Luxor Beige' or 'Garnet Red' leather interiors will probably be disappointed. However, I do PREDICT that 'Porsche Exclusive' will offer deviating stitching in an orange color on a black interior (vinyl, leather or alcantara) to match the optional 'Blutorange/ Tangerine/ LavaOrange' exterior color. So stand by for perhaps a bit of 'bling' news on that front!

I used to think Viper Green was great, until I saw a 650s in Matins Green:

Yes, 'Mantis Green'! Like in 'Prying Mantis'!

'Mantis Green' is one of the standard colors offered by McLaren on the 650s:

It is truly a fantastic color on a 650s:

This particular hue has been borrowed/copied from the Lamborghini 'Verde Mantis', which is simply stunning on the new Huracan.

Lamborghini has had a long romance with a similar 'Verde', going back to the 'Verde Miura' (although the latter was non-metallic).

When admiring these modern 'greens or verdes' from McLaren & Lamborghini, I want you to keep something in mind - they are currently all 'metallic'. The greens I love the most from Porsche's vintage early 911 years are still to this day 'solid' or 'uni'. In other words, non-metallic. So 'Viper Green', 'Signal Green', 'RS Green/grün', 'Gelbgrün'/GreenYellow', 'Lindgrün/Chartreuse' and 'Lichtgrün/Birch Green' are all solid, non-metallic paints. Don't forget that...it makes a huge difference. And to many (like me), a solid color is a more faithful representation of what the old hues looked like on sport cars then, especially at Porsche during the epic 1973 RS era!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 01-08-2015, 02:51 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
deviating stitching in an orange color on a black interior
Interesting. Given how accurate this model has been in other details, I'm betting the orange alcantara on the seats, centre console lid, and possibly door will also be coming soon to an RS near you.

BTW, just curious, did anyone on here order any Exclusive options (CXX) on their GT3?
Old 01-08-2015, 04:05 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

When admiring these modern 'greens or verdes' from McLaren & Lamborghini, I want you to keep something in mind - they are currently all 'metallic'. The greens I love the most from Porsche's vintage early 911 years are still to this day 'solid' or 'uni'. In other words, non-metallic. So 'Viper Green', 'Signal Green', 'RS Green/grün', 'Gelbgrün'/GreenYellow', 'Lindgrün/Chartreuse' and 'Lichtgrün/Birch Green' are all solid, non-metallic paints. Don't forget that...it makes a huge difference. And to many (like me), a solid color is a more faithful representation of what the old hues looked like on sport cars then, especially at Porsche during the epic 1973 RS era!
I agree that the non-metallics look better, but I'm a huge fan of the shade of green Mantis is.

I wish Porsche would offer some better standard colors and catch up to their competitors. Hopefully they take a page from what BMW, Ford etc are all doing now on the refresh. It's no longer the domain of supercars only.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:26 PM
Zeus
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I hope that Porsche will offer deviated interior elements that match any exterior colors offered on all current and future RS models.

Gotta have (just a little) bling even with such a track oriented car.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:36 PM
DES GTS
Pro

Received 172 Likes on 107 Posts

They should really put all of the available PTS colours up on the configurator to make it easier for us. PTS colours are just another tier of colours that are more costly than those at the GT silver level.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:14 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default There is a house in New Orleans...And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy!

Originally Posted by Zeus
I hope that Porsche will offer deviated interior elements that match any exterior colors offered on all current and future RS models. Gotta have (just a little) bling even with such a track oriented car.
Originally Posted by <3mph
Interesting. Given how accurate this model has been in other details, I'm betting the orange alcantara on the seats, centre console lid, and possibly door will also be coming soon to an RS near you.

Be careful of what you wish for! On the gt3 RS 4.0 Limited Edition, the designers let loose on us the 'House of the Rising Sun' bordello package which would make some working girls in the old New Orleans red light district blush! It consisted of red Alcantara on the headliner, seat inlays, elbow door rest and center console:

In my opinion, it was just over-the-top and kind of kitsch! So just imagine 'Tangerine' color Alcantara on all of those locations and you have the making for the 991 gt3 RS 'Metamucil® Special Edition'! Perhaps for some of you 'regulars', but not me!

My proposal for deviating stitching in 'Tangerine/LavaOrange' is more elegant and classy. Porsche offered deviating stitching in 'Orange' on the .1997 gt3 RS for MY2007 and MY2008. And it looked positively great and they can do a similar treatment with a matching 'Tangerine/LavaOrange' deviating stitching thread on a 'black' vinyl/leather & 'charcoal' alcantara interior:

BTW, just curious, did anyone on here order any Exclusive options (CXX) on their GT3?
Rennlister Reidry (Ryan R. in Florida) asked about this option on his gt3 order and should be able to address this topic. It's expensive...I know that. I don't believe he was totally successful since PAG may have had a hold on 'CXX' orders at the time. Here is an example of a CXX option - deviating exterior rear view mirrors in 'Gloss Black'.

Originally Posted by DES GTS
They should really put all of the available PTS colours up on the configurator to make it easier for us. PTS colours are just another tier of colours that are more costly than those at the GT silver level.
They don't even put deviating stitching options on the configurator...don't hold much hope for a complete list of PTS. The latter changes constantly since a customer first has to have a feasibility study on his color and then it's approved...or not. You be better off keeping track of PTS on our ongoing 'Custom Ordering' thread at the 991 & 981 forum. There we keep Rennlisters up-to-date in what is happening with PTS (see attached PTS list of approved colors dated 9/09/2014 below my signature)!

I agree that the non-metallics look better, but I'm a huge fan of the shade of green Mantis is. I wish Porsche would offer some better standard colors and catch up to their competitors. Hopefully they take a page from what BMW, Ford etc are all doing now on the refresh. It's no longer the domain of supercars only.
I can assure you that 'Lime Gold Metallic' is going away (hopefully forever) for MY2016.

That opens up at least one 'Special Color' option with the possibility of coordinated interior leathers to match. I also anticipate that either 'Mahogany Metallic' and/or 'Anthracite Brown Metallic' will be replaced by new hues. So check back with me when they release the colors for MY2016 and let's compare notes.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images
Old 01-09-2015, 02:35 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Thanks Eduardo for that interesting info.

My proposal for deviating stitching in 'Tangerine/LavaOrange' is more elegant and classy.
I hope the RS gets something like what you've proposed. That would be a really great look! The Minichamps model seems to show something different with coloured alcantara... I like your suggestion much better.

Rennlister Reidry (Ryan R. in Florida) asked about this option on his gt3 order and should be able to address this topic. It's expensive...I know that. I don't believe he was totally successful since PAG may have had a hold on 'CXX' orders at the time.
Yes. Ryan's and montoya's deviating black external accents unfortunately got bogged down by feasibility testing it seems.

Originally Posted by montoya
That's right, rec'd word today that Porsche has decided that while I could have done deviated color black on the mirror and wing, it didn't pass the feasibility study and is not possible.
Originally Posted by reidry
Montoya - you're not alone. I've been waiting for a couple of months on the wing end plates in black and was just informed yesterday that it would not be possible. I already had the mirrors in black, but I decided to drop that as well, I'll have to do my customizing aftermarket.

The email said that "my build is about to lock and they do not have enough time to hold it open to determine final feasibility."
As for interior CXX options, with the kind help of Ms. Witek, Mr. Henry, and my local SAs, I was able to secure the yellow marker stripe for my build, including keeping deviated platinum stitching on the steering wheel (a separate option, as the steering wheel defaults to black stitching otherwise apparently). I personally would have only accepted a change like this straight from the factory (versus aftermarket upholsterers). Plus I was curious about testing the waters with how the Exclusive process runs. I must have slipped through a lucky little opening in a very narrow window. Perhaps there were not many other takers for CXX options. There was of course the (rhodium?) silver "super-duper-extra-special" GT3 with deviating red mirrors, wing end plates, and marker stripe.

I had hoped someone else out there would have been able to add a CXX option or two to their GT3, and I'd would love to hear about it, if so.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:54 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

As for interior CXX options, with the kind help of Ms. Witek, Mr. Henry, and my local SAs, I was able to secure the yellow marker stripe for my build, including keeping deviated platinum stitching on the steering wheel (a separate option, as the steering wheel defaults to black stitching otherwise apparently).
Good to know you were able to get the yellow marker on you gt3 Alcantara steering wheel. That is normally reserved exclusively for the 'RS' models. Looking forward to seeing it on your car. What did that cost you extra via CXX?

There was of course the (rhodium?) silver "super-duper-extra-special" GT3 with deviating red mirrors, wing end plates, and marker stripe.
Being CEO does have its privileges!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 01-09-2015, 04:13 AM
<3mph
Drifting

What did that cost you extra via CXX?
PM sent
Daniel
Old 01-09-2015, 11:49 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by GT TREE
This could be the worst spec / color combo I ever have seen. Where did Black and White come into play…..
The answer to your question is: In the fertile mind of former 'Porsche Exclusive' (PCNA) manager Sascha Glaeser! The latter had an enormous love for the 'Black/White' two-tone seat combos. That is what he did on this very expensive 'Porsche Exclusive' MY2014 showcar for the West Coast - 'Black with Pebble Grey' seat inlays with a 'Viper Green' exterior:

And he was pretty consistent - I would say insistent - on this leather interior treatment. Back in 2012, he ordered his West Coast 'Porsche Exclusive' 991 showcar to be a 'Racing Yellow' 991S with a 'Black/Platinum Grey' interior. Same same but different!

This past summer, Melissa Witek of 'Porsche Exclusve' (East Coast) made a point of distancing herself from Sascha's 'Orca/Killer Whale' interior theme on the $246K MSRP 'Viper' 911 Turbo S Cabriolet, which debuted at the PCA Parade in Monterey. 'That was Sascha's idea, not mine' she pointedly told me!

And I say it's time to 'Free *****' & return him to the wild. Please let's be done with this interior color theme on the PCNA showcars!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 01-10-2015, 09:57 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Black/Grey interior I don't mind but the Black/White I don't like, too much contrast. My .02
Old 01-10-2015, 04:57 PM
Zeus
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Be careful of what you wish for! On the gt3 RS 4.0 Limited Edition, the designers let loose on us the 'House of the Rising Sun' bordello package which would make some working girls in the old New Orleans red light district blush! It consisted of red Alcantara on the headliner, seat inlays, elbow door rest and center console:

In my opinion, it was just over-the-top and kind of kitsch!
So just imagine 'Tangerine' color Alcantara on all of those locations and you have the making for the 991 gt3 RS 'Metamucil® Special Edition'! Perhaps for some of you 'regulars', but not me!

I agree!

Quick Reply: Meet Barbara Boeckenhoff, the new Manager of 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US!