Sponsored by:

Fayence Yellow available PTS???

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 10:25 PM
john weires
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Fayence Yellow available PTS???

Was Fayence Yellow a unique color to the CGT or has it been available on other Porsches?

The latest exterior color to sample chart I saw does not list Fayence Yellow.

Does this mean no one has ordered it yet or that it is not available on the GT-3?

Does any one know the paint code for Fayence Yellow?

I have a fourth quarter 2014 allocation and would love to consider it.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:03 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by john weires
Was Fayence Yellow a unique color to the CGT or has it been available on other Porsches?

The latest exterior color to sample chart I saw does not list Fayence Yellow.

Does this mean no one has ordered it yet or that it is not available on the GT-3?

Does any one know the paint code for Fayence Yellow?

I have a fourth quarter 2014 allocation and would love to consider it.

Thanks in advance.
John: I think 'Fayence Yellow' paint code is 1C1. But you need to check further. I believe it was unique to the Carrera GT in its day and I don't remember seeing any other Porsche model painted in this 'hue'. But I would not be surprised if by now (almost in 2014), so many years since the CGT was in production, they would just let you go ahead and special order that color via PTS on a 991. Most probably, no one to date has custom ordered his 991, 981 or Panamera in 'Fayence Yellow'. That is perhaps why you don't see in to the current PTS list. It might also be off-limits due to its association with the CGT. Or Porsche already knows it doesn't pass the fade test with the new paint formulas its using. But you will only find out by contacting 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US or Germany and posing to them the question. Good luck.

Saludos,
Eduardo

Photographs courtesy of the talented Jason Tang
Attached Images    
Old 11-26-2013, 10:49 AM
john weires
Pro

Eduardo,

You are the king of PTS! Thanks.

While I've got you, two more questions.

How close to Speed Yellow is Fayence Yellow (photos if you have any)?
Does Fayence lean a little more orange or lemon in hue and is it darker
or lighter in shade than Speed?

I also like Signal Yellow in most photos, but find it a bit orange in others giving
it kind of a school bus yellow tint. Some others say it looks like a Ryder truck yellow. How would you describe it? I have never seen this color on any car in person so it's a little nerve racking placing an order based only on photos.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:53 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 777 Likes on 359 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...ce-yellow.html
Old 11-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Words from the 'throne'

Eduardo, You are the king of PTS!
Thanks. That title, plus a token, usually gets me far on the NYC subway! I have seen a 'Fayence Yellow' Carrera GT once or twice in my life - and that was a long time ago. So one can't go by memory. And remember another thing. Camera lenses sometimes do NOT capture a color as actually seen by a human eye. So with that said, let's proceed.

Does Fayence lean a little more orange or lemon in hue and is it darker or lighter in shade than Speed?
I personally think of 'Speed Yellow' as having a bit of 'mustard'. Let's first compare 'Speed Yellow' to the current 'Racing Yellow' (more of a 'Lemon' color) so that you get to visualize the color properties of 'Speed Yellow'. Take a look at the first seven photos in different lights - underground parking garage, sunny day, cloudy day, etc.

How close to Speed Yellow is Fayence Yellow (photos if you have any)?
Many years ago there was a Carrera GT owner that had a fascination with 'Signal Yellow' and several Porsches in that color, including a PTS 'Carrera GT' and a PTS 996 Turbo. He took photo # 8 below (which I find misleading because of the camera filters used). It purports to show a 'Speed Yellow' gt2 on the foreground, his PTS 996 Turbo next to it, and a sample of 'Fayence Yellow' on the Turbo's front hood. First it had to be a super bright, sunny day for 'Speed Yellow' to look that way. And we can't vouch for the formula used by the factory on his PTS 'Signal Yellow', although it is listed correctly as color code 114. But you be the judge.

I also like Signal Yellow in most photos, but find it a bit orange in others giving it kind of a school bus yellow tint. Some others say it looks like a Ryder truck yellow. How would you describe it?
I would describe 'Signal Yellow' as the most beautiful and 'rich' yellow hue that Porsche has ever put on a 911, period! Compare photo #8 with the other photos that I have taken of original paint 'Signal Yellow' from period long hood 911's, including one I owned for many years. First photos with no sunshine. Last photos with bright sunshine (of my own car). As you eye sees it (unless you are wearing polarized sunglasses), 'Signal Yellow' is just a very opulent, stunningly attractive 'yellow' color! In natural light, it doesn't look as 'orange' to your eyes as it's portrayed by the filtered lens of a camera!

I have never seen this color on any car in person so it's a little nerve racking placing an order based only on photos.
I would not recommend ordering a PTS color based on photos. You need to see the color in person and then make sure you fall in love with it. I put in the last photo of a 'Fayence Yellow' Carrera GT because it might show it in true light. A bit 'lemon', more in common with the current 'Racing Yellow' than 'Speed' or 'Signal Yellow'. We don't know what camera this guy was using. And it doesn't look as good as the photos on my first post taken by master photographer Jason Tang. But I urge you to do your own research and find a car in that color to see in person before you do anything else!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images                

Last edited by Z356; 11-26-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:10 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

What colour is that 991 with yellow wheels?
Old 11-26-2013, 02:25 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Jamie140
What colour is that 991 with yellow wheels?
The standard no-cost option called 'Racing Yellow'.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:09 AM
john weires
Pro

Eduardo,

I must thank you large for such a detailed and thorough response.
I would love to see these colors in person that I am considering and agree
this should happen before ordering.
Being in Iowa, that aren't many Porsche's around.
I have seen Speed Yellow on a local 911 which I liked.
I have also seen Racing Yellow on a KCity 911 which I liked less.
Fayence and Signal Yellow will be tough to find unless somebody happens
to know somebody that will show me the car. For that matter, I would also like to see Signal Green W25 (I have seen 08 or 09 Cayman R) and Viper Green. I can travel!
Old 11-27-2013, 12:58 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Fayence and Signal Yellow will be tough to find unless somebody happens to know somebody that will show me the car.
Go to Rennlist 'Porsche Supercars Carrera GT & 918' forum and try to contact anyone that might still have a Fayence CGT in their garage.

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...t-and-918-112/

You can start by going carefully through this thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...arrera-gt.html

The closest guy to you with a recent (2004/2005) 'Signal Yellow' PTS Porsche is Rennlist member Mike who goes under the forum name W8MM. See below. He still has his '05 'Signal Yellow' Carrera GT. He is based in Cincinnati, Ohio. Find one of his post and click on it to try to contact him via PM or email.

For that matter, I would also like to see Signal Green W25 (I have seen 08 or 09 Cayman R) and Viper Green. I can travel!
I have the factory original paint rear deck lid of my W25 'Signal Green' 997S in my garage here in Carmel. You can see it next time you are in my area. The '08/'09 Cayman S limited edition in a Green color was not 'Signal Green'. It was 'RS Green' and it is still currently available via PTS under 'Grun/Green'. It is color code 2D8. The currently approved 'Signal Green' for the 991 is color code 22S from the early 1990's color used, which has more blue tint in the green than my W25 (which has more yellow in it). I would not recommend it. W25 is the most beautiful & rich 'Signal Green' that the factory has ever done. But 'Viper' is currently available to order PTS and that is a very nice & historic 911 color too! Look around the internet to see if anyone is selling an original paint 'Viper' 911. That might be your best bet in finding one to go see.

Good luck.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Attached Images   
Old 11-28-2013, 12:50 AM
john weires
Pro

Good suggestions for seeing these colors.
I will pursue. Thanks once again Eduardo!
Old 11-28-2013, 07:27 AM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z356
The closest guy to you with a recent (2004/2005) 'Signal Yellow' PTS Porsche is Rennlist member Mike who goes under the forum name W8MM. See below. He still has his '05 'Signal Yellow' Carrera GT. He is based in Cincinnati, Ohio. Find one of his post and click on it to try to contact him via PM or email.
Mike Valentine...i'll let you make the connection...has always been very forthcoming wrt his CGT experience.

Eduardo - complements on a truly distinctive, remarkable, homage of a garage.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:35 AM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Z356
The standard no-cost option called 'Racing Yellow'.
You are one informed dude!

You are an asset to this forum!!

Quick Reply: Fayence Yellow available PTS???