Sponsored by:

991 RS and the sound check at Limerock

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 01:54 PM
loopsandsounds
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 991 RS and the sound check at Limerock

I searched quite a bit here but couldn't find a definitive answer. Here are my questions:

1. I assume at WOT it won't? (It would be nice to hear anecdotal evidence)
2. Any way around it like short shifting or turn down pipes?

As an aside I also have the valved side muffler deletes...so I'm probably in even worse shape...

Any feedback welcome, thanks!
Old 05-26-2017, 06:10 PM
IvanBurns
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have driven my 2014 GT3 at Lime Rock with stock exhaust six times, and my 2016 GT3 RS with stock exhaust three times, and have never been blacked flagged for noise.

For that matter, I have driven my GTS, GT3 and GT3 RS combined at a total of 15 tracks on the east coast (from Mosport to Sebring) and have never been black flagged for noise. Six of those tracks have noise limits.

I can't speak for your valved side muffler deletes, but I also have Dundon (catless) race headers for both my GT3 and GT3 RS and I guarantee you that they will blow away any noise limit! If anyone disagrees with me on this, please let me know!
Old 05-26-2017, 07:10 PM
loopsandsounds
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the response Ivan. Haven't been on track with you in a while but I know you aren't short shifting or lifting:-) With the 88db limit why do you think you haven't been flagged? Is the sound measurement point far enough from where you'd be at max rpm/db that attenuation lowers it enough to pass?

Hoping to get out a bit more this year, last two years were only a few days on track due to family.

Quick Reply: 991 RS and the sound check at Limerock