Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 02:40 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,485 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx

ha. When? He lives down here !! Lol
he is buried now. but January he will be up.
likely two weeks as we have many cars for him

Old 12-18-2018, 05:10 PM
TYPE911
Rennlist Member

Received 636 Likes on 182 Posts

Decided to opt out on staring at my car in the garage all winter, so I sent my GT3 to Arizona for the season. Got to spend some quality car time last weekend with some other Rennlister's and my good friend JBarnes and his Minty fresh, Mint Green Touring GT3. Perfect weekend.
I think this is going to be a great winter...!
Old 12-19-2018, 04:19 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ smart man. drive is more fun than staring.

orange crush ate a nail

so took 73 out
Old 12-19-2018, 09:31 AM
Fdvigna
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPE911

Decided to opt out on staring at my car in the garage all winter, so I sent my GT3 to Arizona for the season. Got to spend some quality car time last weekend with some other Rennlister's and my good friend JBarnes and his Minty fresh, Mint Green Touring GT3. Perfect weekend.
Ha! Welcome to the neighborhood!!! Can’t stop driving this thing... I’m always looking for excuses to take it out of the garage... wife jokes it’s my coffee run car 🤦*♂️
Old 12-19-2018, 11:03 AM
4pipes
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Mooty, you passed me going the other way yesterday by Skyline and Hi9. Our closing speed was quick, caught only a glimpse!

Last edited by 4pipes; 12-19-2018 at 11:54 AM.
Old 12-19-2018, 03:22 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

Went for a drive this morning with my son. Switched cars half way. I think he likes the 993 better. This is the real value of these cars. The experience.

Old 12-19-2018, 03:38 PM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPE911

Gorgeous car and beautiful pictures. Must be DC Ranch in the background. Who did you use to transport your car from Colorado? I'm thinking of doing the same.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:07 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Ouch Mooty. The thread left on the tire that ate the nail is not much and not recommended to patch those tires. So, time to get a new tire.

Hopefully your tires have replacement insurance.

Drive safe
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by mooty
^ smart man. drive is more fun than staring.

orange crush ate a nail

so took 73 out
Old 12-19-2018, 07:12 PM
Fdvigna
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by joejenie
Went for a drive this morning with my son. Switched cars half way. I think he likes the 993 better. This is the real value of these cars. The experience.

Tortilla Flat... I want to do this drive too... How was it? I heard the roads have been fixed... any other tips for weekend drives around PHX?
Old 12-19-2018, 07:18 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
Tortilla Flat... I want to do this drive too... How was it? I heard the roads have been fixed... any other tips for weekend drives around PHX?
The road has been newly paved up to Tortilla flats, so fantastic. Only problem is weekends are tough for a lot of the year because of the boat traffic. Go early in the morning on a weekday if you can. Or early on weekends in the winter.

For a longer drive try Apache Junction-Superior-Winkelman-Globe-Superior-Apache Junction. It's a big circle that will take you 3 hours if you drive spirited. Great windy roads the whole way.

I'm fairly new here in AZ as well (moved here 5 years ago), so would love some other recommendations other than trying to get arrested on the 101 or 202.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:31 PM
Fdvigna
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by joejenie
The road has been newly paved up to Tortilla flats, so fantastic. Only problem is weekends are tough for a lot of the year because of the boat traffic. Go early in the morning on a weekday if you can. Or early on weekends in the winter.

For a longer drive try Apache Junction-Superior-Winkelman-Globe-Superior-Apache Junction. It's a big circle that will take you 3 hours if you drive spirited. Great windy roads the whole way.

I'm fairly new here in AZ as well (moved here 5 years ago), so would love some other recommendations other than trying to get arrested on the 101 or 202.
Thanks for the tip... I'll try it early in January... heading north to Flagstaff for the remainder of the year... looking for some snow

I know of one... took the GT3 to 89A between Sedona and Flagstaff... it is a fun little road with beautiful views --- look for Oak Creek Canyon ... If you ever go to Sedona / Flagstaff then consider it...

Now, I've heard that 191 between Alpine and Morenci is also a really nice meandering drive.... I have not tried that one yet.

Cheers!

Edited to add the following pictures (89A between Sedona and Flagstaff):

Old 12-19-2018, 08:57 PM
LeeGT3
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the tip... I'll try it early in January... heading north to Flagstaff for the remainder of the year... looking for some snow

I know of one... took the GT3 to 89A between Sedona and Flagstaff... it is a fun little road with beautiful views --- look for Oak Creek Canyon ... If you ever go to Sedona / Flagstaff then consider it...

Now, I've heard that 191 between Alpine and Morenci is also a really nice meandering drive.... I have not tried that one yet.

Cheers!

Edited to add the following pictures (89A between Sedona and Flagstaff):

89a is a great drive! Very pretty area of the world. We have a business in Sedona for anyone that is visiting!

lee
Old 12-19-2018, 09:11 PM
Fdvigna
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LeeGT3

89a is a great drive! Very pretty area of the world. We have a business in Sedona for anyone that is visiting!

lee
what business... next time I take the GT3 up to Sedona I may stop by :-)
Old 12-19-2018, 09:18 PM
LeeGT3
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what business... next time I take the GT3 up to Sedona I may stop by :-)
business is tachyon wellness Sedona. Really cool energy. Hit me up I’ll Fill u in and u can try it for free
Old 12-19-2018, 09:48 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

you know what's different about this stupid thread?
everyone drives their machines.
that makes it fun.

Originally Posted by 4pipes
Mooty, you passed me going the other way yesterday by Skyline and Hi9. Our closing speed was quick, caught only a glimpse!
I was too concentrated to keep the old pos on the pavement. I didn't see you sorry.
skyline hwy9, u saw me around Saratoga gap area?

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Ouch Mooty. The thread left on the tire that ate the nail is not much and not recommended to patch those tires. So, time to get a new tire.

Hopefully your tires have replacement insurance.

Drive safe
GT3RS-Fan1
yes indeed.
I just need some tires to move the car around,
new set will arrive soon.

today I corrupted yet another sucker... who may join the relic brigade.

I am beginning to like dirty bitches.... the aristocratic and well groomed specimens are good to look at but boring to tango with.... cars, yes, I am talking about cars... I don't know what you are thinking about.

Quick Reply: just got back, let's discuss value of porsches