Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Money2536's Vlog Coverage of the 2017 Smokies GT Event

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 12:59 AM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Matt, I 100% agree. As much as I love to drive around the mountains with a bunch of gt cars, I enjoy the conversation and goofing off much more. I was a bit skeptical when I went to the first event 3 years ago. I was like, I won't know anyone and they are probably a bunch of snobs. Lol. Boy, was I wrong. Now I'm calling these people my friends.
I love vlog style of these videos. It really give a great view of the weekend events and great to share with my friends and family.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:07 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Matt, thanks for sharing these videos with us! I absolutely loved them. The first person account really shows us what it's like. The different events, the time to just drive and enjoy our time on beautiful roads alone with our thoughts, as well as great drives with others and the social aspect. I hope to one day be able to attend. Now I gotta get to work on getting a GT car! (kicks self for not finding a way to get the 997 GT2RS for 139K a few years back in a down economy)
Old 05-05-2017, 10:04 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by meaker
Matt, I 100% agree. As much as I love to drive around the mountains with a bunch of gt cars, I enjoy the conversation and goofing off much more. I was a bit skeptical when I went to the first event 3 years ago. I was like, I won't know anyone and they are probably a bunch of snobs. Lol. Boy, was I wrong. Now I'm calling these people my friends.
I love vlog style of these videos. It really give a great view of the weekend events and great to share with my friends and family.
Haha, I was expecting the same thing. Being a younger guy myself, I just pictured a PCA get together with a bunch of fancy old folks sipping chardonnay and being too good for everyone else. I figured I wouldn't fit in very well. Truth is, with these GT cars, it's pretty much all just driving enthusiasts versus people buying them for status symbols. Many are entrepreneurs of some sort and just about anyone who's made enough money to buy one of these things has a certain "something" about them. Successful people generally have a great attitude and positive outlook on life. Get 70 (or 120 with spouses) of them together in one spot and it's amazing. Best part is: we are very different across the board, but the enthusiast side brings everyone together. I've made life-long friends of all ages, races, backgrounds, etc. through the Smokies group. It's been awesome!
Old 05-05-2017, 10:24 AM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 95 Posts

Fantastic videos! Mission accomplished
Old 05-07-2017, 04:38 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymission
Haha, I was expecting the same thing. Being a younger guy myself, I just pictured a PCA get together with a bunch of fancy old folks sipping chardonnay and being too good for everyone else. I figured I wouldn't fit in very well. Truth is, with these GT cars, it's pretty much all just driving enthusiasts versus people buying them for status symbols. Many are entrepreneurs of some sort and just about anyone who's made enough money to buy one of these things has a certain "something" about them. Successful people generally have a great attitude and positive outlook on life. Get 70 (or 120 with spouses) of them together in one spot and it's amazing. Best part is: we are very different across the board, but the enthusiast side brings everyone together. I've made life-long friends of all ages, races, backgrounds, etc. through the Smokies group. It's been awesome!
Couldn't have said it any better.

Originally Posted by meaker
Well, if you look around...and you don't see the snob(s)...that means it's YOU!!!!

Quick Reply: Money2536's Vlog Coverage of the 2017 Smokies GT Event