But I have a question for all of you. Why
was this thread so easy to hijack by the
sophomoric antics of some of us?
Because it was fun
Old 05-04-2017, 01:49 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 131 Likes on 60 Posts

Yes, sorry for the hijack. But RL was getting so serious so we probably needed a bit of a laugh.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:02 AM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm looking for euro delivery in November. A little put off with the time of year. It's crap for driving or skiing imo.

What is the winter option for the GT3?
Old 05-04-2017, 08:17 AM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Yes, sorry for the hijack. But RL was getting so serious so we probably needed a bit of a laugh.
Couldn't agree more
Old 05-04-2017, 08:37 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,151 Likes on 466 Posts

thanks for the hijacking! I was getting really depressed repeatedly reading over and over again how awful and worthless my 991.1 RS has become. I didn't know how ridiculous I was for even considering a 991.1 RS, now sadly am I stuck with the horrendous thing.

On side note, tentative ED date in Leipzig for my new 991.2 GT3, which I hear is apparently much better then my ridiculously awful and worthless RS --- October 9th.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:00 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Let's be dead serious here for a second. You guys are doing it all wrong if you're worried about what the wifey will think. The wifey secretly, deep down, even if it's in a hidden tiny box in her brain which she has forgotten existed, wants to come on the "Prague trip". You SHOULD bring the significant other on "the Prague trip" and tell her to get with the program if she isn't already.. my partner is also my partner in crime.. you get this part right, and your ***** will never have to stop tingling. am I making myself clear?? This picture says it all.. let's just say 2 out of 3 people in this picture would come on "The Prague Trip" with me while one of them doesn't speak the language and stays home watching the basketball game or something considered equally exciting by dudes who never learned to speak "the language" . I'll say no more because just like the "first rule of Fight Club...."

Ok... sorry for the hijack I guess... YAWN.. lets get this thread back on track, where were we?.. oh yea, do they still hand out a free candy bar in Leipzig and what flavor is it to make it worth it... YAWN.. discuss....
Attached Images  

Last edited by CAlexio; 05-04-2017 at 07:18 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:57 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,151 Likes on 466 Posts

Alright alright, I'm in! When we going?

One of the worst hangovers I've ever experienced was in Prague, perhaps I can relive it. Beer isn't 25 cents anymore though sadly. It used to be so damn cheap, one time I gave money away because I simply couldn't spend it prior to leaving. Now the Starbucks in center of town is much more expensive then here in states. Progress. Hey, at least we get the cheapest Porsches still in the world!
Old 05-04-2017, 10:54 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Let's be dead serious here for a second
One of the best posts ever on Rennlist. This one. Right here
Old 05-04-2017, 11:26 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

ED or go home.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:12 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,196 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
Alright alright, I'm in! When we going?

One of the worst hangovers I've ever experienced was in Prague, perhaps I can relive it. Beer isn't 25 cents anymore though sadly. It used to be so damn cheap, one time I gave money away because I simply couldn't spend it prior to leaving. Now the Starbucks in center of town is much more expensive then here in states. Progress. Hey, at least we get the cheapest Porsches still in the world!
Nope. Canada is cheaper.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:43 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 239 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Let's be dead serious here for a second. You guys are doing it all wrong if you're worried about what the wifey will think. The wifey secretly, deep down, even if it's in a hidden tiny box in her brain which she has forgotten existed, wants to come on the "Prague trip". You SHOULD bring the significant other on "the Prague trip" and tell her to get with the program if she isn't already.. my partner is also my partner in crime.. you get this part right, and your ***** will never have to stop tingling. am I making myself clear?? This picture says it all.. let's just say 2 out of 3 people in this picture would come on "The Prague Trip" with me while one of them doesn't speak the language and stays home watching the basketball game or something considered equally exciting by dudes who never learned to speak "the language" . I'll say no more because just like the "first rule of Fight Club...."

Ok... sorry for the hijack I guess... YAWN.. lets get this thread back on track, where were we?.. oh yea, do they still hand out a free candy bar in Leipzig and what flavor is it to make it worth it... YAWN.. discuss....
Ah yes.. well versed... No tingle = Head first of a cliff..
Old 05-05-2017, 08:50 PM
trebien
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spent over 2 months doing ED last year for my GT4. 14 countries, from Romania to Scotland.

Read it here:

http://www.hcrpca.org/images/newslet...2-horizons.pdf

Leipzig is great, good track time, cool city, near Berlin, etc... nothing missed over Zuff.

Drop-off in Zuff not an option after pickup in Leipzig last year, not sure of changes now this year. You always have the secondary drop-off options across Europe.

Even if picking up in Prague, if you make it to Zuff, you can still get tour and museum tickets, I was offered last year. Might have changed.

Prague is touristy, as many/most larger Euro cities. Book nice hotels, so you have safe parking. Big cities are crap for your new car - think about where you really want to spend your time. But don't listen to me, I took it across Romania.

When picking up too early before summer, or too late after summer, they may require snow tires on the car... take this into consideration and double-check the details.

If requested, Leipzig will NOT drill the front bumper and will zip-tie or sticky-tape the front plate so you can de-flower your front bumper on your own choice.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:48 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

This is the biggest argument against ED
Originally Posted by German_Saint
I'm looking for euro delivery in November. A little put off with the time of year. It's crap for driving or skiing imo.

What is the winter option for the GT3?
Old 05-07-2017, 01:35 AM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by trebien
I spent over 2 months doing ED last year for my GT4. 14 countries, from Romania to Scotland.

Read it here:

http://www.hcrpca.org/images/newslet...2-horizons.pdf

Leipzig is great, good track time, cool city, near Berlin, etc... nothing missed over Zuff.

Drop-off in Zuff not an option after pickup in Leipzig last year, not sure of changes now this year. You always have the secondary drop-off options across Europe.

Even if picking up in Prague, if you make it to Zuff, you can still get tour and museum tickets, I was offered last year. Might have changed.

Prague is touristy, as many/most larger Euro cities. Book nice hotels, so you have safe parking. Big cities are crap for your new car - think about where you really want to spend your time. But don't listen to me, I took it across Romania.

When picking up too early before summer, or too late after summer, they may require snow tires on the car... take this into consideration and double-check the details.

If requested, Leipzig will NOT drill the front bumper and will zip-tie or sticky-tape the front plate so you can de-flower your front bumper on your own choice.
Great article, and great advice - thank you! What a trip...

One question: when did they confirm the Zuff tour and when did they give you the museum tickets? Was the Zuff factory tour confirmed when you were booking ED, or did you just find out when you geo to Leipzig?

Cheers,

Andy
Old 05-07-2017, 03:07 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 415 Posts

You need to book it in advance. If you wait till you get there it will be too late. Just ask the PCNA ED team and they can help book it for you.

Quick Reply: Euro Delivery in Leipzig. Worth it?