Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PTS worth it for .2 GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 02:24 AM
Tangerine
Pro

Received 126 Likes on 72 Posts

With Chalk being so close to Fashion Grey (not really in my eyes, but most people will probably mistake one for the other) my love of greys would leave me to choose Grigio Telesto. Technically a metallic but very minimal for some reason. Love every shot of it I've seen on a 911.

Oh, and while I was poking around for some images, I came across some ancient posts about a special 3 stage yellow--could this be a hint to that new special color coming? The Saffron one.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post13399819
Old 04-26-2017, 02:58 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tangerine
With Chalk being so close to Fashion Grey (not really in my eyes, but most people will probably mistake one for the other) my love of greys would leave me to choose Grigio Telesto. Technically a metallic but very minimal for some reason. Love every shot of it I've seen on a 911.

Oh, and while I was poking around for some images, I came across some ancient posts about a special 3 stage yellow--could this be a hint to that new special color coming? The Saffron one.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post13399819

No, this is the Giallo Midas from Lamborghini for Gallardo. Similar to the Giallo Orion for Lamborghini on Murcielago and Aventador. Both are Pearl yellow effect.

No way would PAG steal paint codes from within VAG group to save development cost and just copy it and call it another name.

As mentioned before, it would be similar to Giallo Triplo Strato from Ferrari, Giallo Orion & Giallo Midas from Lambo, and Solarbeam Yellow from Mercedes. It is promised to be even more "pearl".
Old 12-03-2017, 10:52 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
If you're thinking resale, you need to do a PTS color that doesn't resemble a color thats immediately available, and that not too many people have done as it's become trendy. Voodoo blue got rather popular over the 991 range, but will still probably be worth a little bit more at the end of the day. And now because of Chalk, I'm thinking fashion may take a little bit of a hit because in the day they are pretty similar. Otherwise, it's worth it if you want to wait for the extra time (varies greatly depending) and really want to find something unique (and also possibly pair it with interior CXX leathers and stitching).

If I was PTS ordering for 991.2 GT3...I'd probably be looking at Slate grey, Grey/black or grigio telesto...there aren't any dark greys available for these cars anymore and they continue to be really hot.
Grigio Telesto is a beauty.

i see PTS as a chance to get a colour you love and there is a good chance your car will be more desirable.

The more rare and demanded a car the more PTS could be worth. On a GT3 I think it is worth it, only if you really like a specific colour.

I would defiantly have paid for PTS on the GT2 and it likely would have been Grigio Telesto or Carbon Steel. I don’t know if Porsche offer the Grigio Scuro, Grigio Lynx, or Grigio Titans Matt that Lambo offer but they are also lookers also.

Quick Reply: PTS worth it for .2 GT3?