Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: My GoPro Hero Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 07:02 AM
randr
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I have to say I never warmed to gopro either. I simply use my iphone mounted on the drivers side sun visor (using half a dozen industrial gauge elastic bands ) - works well - press record on Harrys Lap timer and job done. For track work the small amount of vibration picked up through the visor adds to the feel.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:13 AM
theplanner
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gopros r great when they work, but they r so temperamental. I had 3 gopros 2 failed me, and still have 1 left with multitude of accessories. The first failed the next day out of the box, worked for 1 day. 2nd one worked for about 2 yrs, then out of blue it decided to switch on and off every 2-3 sec.

The warranty system is not worth the hassles, and so damn slow considering I'm not in the states.

I have decided the right option for me is NoPro....LOL...
Old 04-18-2017, 09:37 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,773 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by theplanner
Gopros r great when they work, but they r so temperamental. I had 3 gopros 2 failed me, and still have 1 left with multitude of accessories. The first failed the next day out of the box, worked for 1 day. 2nd one worked for about 2 yrs, then out of blue it decided to switch on and off every 2-3 sec.

The warranty system is not worth the hassles, and so damn slow considering I'm not in the states.

I have decided the right option for me is NoPro....LOL...
Such a common experience with GoPros. I will say so far I am digging this Sony FDR-X3000. It has this BOSS image stabilization system which is a game changer. Silky smooth video. Going to give it a proper workout this week but so far so good.

Quick Reply: OT: My GoPro Hero Review