991.2 GT3 NY Auto show impression w Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 10:03 AM
Fally
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Great pics. Thank you.
Thank you. I am not great with computers and editing, but here is a very basic slideshow of all my pictures. The link is posted above, but it includes more pictures than I posted in thread.

Old 04-15-2017, 10:06 AM
Fally
Intermediate

Originally Posted by shaytun
Not sure why everyone is hating on RL members being super helpful and sending info from NY show. Car debuted in Geneva...so what. The more pics and info the better. Thanks Fally.
Thank you. I am much more active on another forum for my current 991 modified turbo.

Im happy to know their are guys on here that appreciate any and all info we can provide each other.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:10 AM
Fally
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
911r owners having major rear scraping issues with diffusers!
This is not suprising. Are they taking the diffusers off? A very helpful Porsche engineer I spoke with during PCA breakfast said 911r guys were having dealers take them off prior to delivery of car. He said it was simple and easily accessible for removal.
I would really like to hear feedback on this.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:14 AM
Fally
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Drifting
Thanks for the pics of the show! Good visual on the diffuser. I share your concern about how low it is and I'm thinking of taking the diffuser off my .2 GT3 except for track days.

Really high speed bumps and really steep curbs in SoCal.
Glad to see others feel the same way and if I can help 1 person from ripping off a piece of their car. This thread was worth it.

Besides the rear diffuser concern thats seems to be easily fixed, the car is a step on from all previous gt3's in looks. Looks meaner than ever! Enjoy your car when you get it.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:18 AM
RRRRR
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Extremely helpful pic! Thanks OP. Any interior pic if I may ask? Anyway, did we have any more information about .2 GT2 RS?
Old 04-15-2017, 10:18 AM
Fally
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Wow. First time over the speed bump near my house and that rear diffuser would be toast.
Reason I layed on ground ( like a crazy person, lol )snapping the picture for everyone that this may help.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:26 AM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 781 Likes on 363 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks for the pics. Too bad they didn't bring a different colour.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:26 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Fally
Count up all the threads STG. People are interesed in this car obviously. By the time you read this there may be more threads. I was the first one on rennlist to start a thread to give my personal impression which I have now slept on. The GT3 is purly amazing in looks. Looks like it hugs the ground and has a super aggressive look compared to previous gt3's ( this is my opinion )

This is the first time Ive seen this model 911 991.2 GT3 in person and wanted to give my personal opinion. No need to be confused STG.

I attended the PCA 8:30am VIP show before auto show opened to public at 10 am. For PCA members the satin sheet was NOT on car during presentation open to only 200 of us that had to register early.

What I can add is that all Porsche presenters/Porsche ambassadors were extremely informative. Most info can be found in previous you tube posts or publications. Although I must say is how helpful the Porsche represenitives were to me personally with my questions and even opened up a question and answer session to all PCA members later on after their presentation.

Porsche not only make fantastic and reliable cars that crush track records. Porsche really listens to their clients and buyers.

Kudos to Porsche.

Any question/answer info to share??

Also, wing uprights .... same matte black as the rear deck scoops?

Thanks

Last edited by STG; 04-15-2017 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:11 PM
Fally
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RRRRR
Extremely helpful pic! Thanks OP. Any interior pic if I may ask? Anyway, did we have any more information about .2 GT2 RS?
Someone actually brought up the question of a GT2 to the ambassadors during the Q&A. The response unfortunately was not straight forward and they changed subject. Later on I asked about allocations for the Gt3 991.2 and the GT2 question.
Regarding the GT3 allocations the spokesman said they keep that information guarded and pre allocation demand does have a influence on US allocations. After talking to him for a while he led me to believe there will be enough cars to cover allocations.
The GT2 on the other hand he clammed up and really didnt want to divulge any information. He did mention not to believe everything you see in spy shots, but obviously he could have been covering his a$$ if this info is highly confidential. Im sorry I cant help out more, but I am speaking the truth and dont want to give any info that I have not heard personally.
Maybe someone else can chime in if they have more information than I have, but I was there yesterday and 199 other PCA members heard exactly what I heard. Im sure they will back me up because I will only post infomation that is accurate or my Opinion.
Remember my opinion is not the gold standard. This site is to help people just like myself. If I do not have the answer you like or accurate enough for you, Im not going to make up an answer to please readers.

However I have responded to multiple PM's today with great questions. Please ask me in this thread, so everyone can see.
******* many have asked unfortunately I did not get any pictures of interior of car. When I was able to get inside I forgot to take pictures and just imagined it with engine started and a gear lever in my hand. Sorry in advance.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:17 PM
Fally
Intermediate

Originally Posted by STG
Any question/answer info to share??

Also, wing uprights .... same matte black as the rear deck scoops?

Thanks

Great question STG. The matte black wing uprights really have a dramatic contrast on the guards red wing. The rear deck ramair intake scoops did seem to be the same color/finish. I wish I would have gotten a better close up picture of that. Maybe if someone goes to NY Autoshow this next week can take one a post it.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:23 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Haha.... the show car's rear diffuser has already been scraped...

Great info! Thanks!
Old 04-15-2017, 01:19 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,097 Likes on 544 Posts

Originally Posted by chaosoul

Great info! Thanks!
Wonder how much it is to replace and ultimately becomes a consumable.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:18 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

No dramatic changes to the interior compared to the 991.1 with the exception of:

-The NAV display screen is now larger with no visible bezel. See any 991.2/981.2 car on the dealer lot for comparision. It's the same stack.

-The alacantara seat cushions for the buckets now have that red stripe motif.

[/url] by Peter Moy, on Flickr

Here is another shot of the underbody diffuser

[/url] by Peter Moy, on Flickr
Old 04-15-2017, 02:28 PM
Fally
Intermediate

Did they remove diffusers at the Auto Show?

Originally Posted by chaosoul

Great info! Thanks!
Old 04-15-2017, 03:04 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,303 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I would want to know if you take off the rear diffuser do than get the same down force of the 991 GT3. I guess I just want to understand what the rear diffuser does
Jimmy. Rear diffuser increases downforce on the car.

You still get most of your rear downforce from the new higher rear wing, so I feel it's safe to drive the .2 GT3 without the rear diffuser on regular roads, but I would still put the rear diffuser back on for track work.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 NY Auto show impression w Pictures