Sponsored by:

Pic of Car with .2 GT3 Standard Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 02:07 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
The aluminum satin wheel looks almost white, which is a very cool look. Fits well with a dark color and the non-black headlights. Trouble is you end up needing PCCB to have any hope of keeping them clean and looking nice. Ugh.

Slightly OT: I'm still trying to figure out the whole headlight issue.. which ones are which.. and which ones look good with what. I think the configurator is wrong but can't figure out how.

-which are the headlights with the 4 dots in the middle?... I think LED have a circle around perimeters... but configurator doesn't show the ones with the 4 dots which I think are the upgraded xenons.
Originally Posted by mass27
^ I have spent way more time than I care to admit on the various lighting options, including comparing to other 911 models and other generations.

- 4 dots in the middle = Xenon
- ring around the headlight surround = LED

Prior generations and some other 911 models have black versions of each of the above, therefore 4 different light options. Current configurator shows only 3 light options. There isn't a black version of the Xenon currently available.

First pic is LED
Second is Xenon from the catalog

I have both LED and Xenon lights on 991. You have 4 options:

You have standard Xenon without PDLS. (which is a chrome/silver interior housing).

You have the PDLS Xenon lights for $780. (This upgrade makes the interior housing wall of the headlights black, however the headlight surround on the outside is still silver/grey and the top of the projector bulb is still chrome, unlike previously they had an option of bi-Xenon PDLS headlight in black, which made the outside surround and the top of the projector bulb black as well)

You have chrome LED headlights with PDLS for $2290

You have blacked out LED headlights with PDLS for $2900

As mentioned, the LED headlights will have the HALO on the outer border of the headlight with 4 dots still but on the ring.

Both standard Bi-Xenon and the PDLS Bi-Xenon will have the interior 4 lights as daytime running light.

As to which one looks nicer, it depends on your car's build/color, does it have black wheels, are you looking for contrast, do you have other chrome/silver bits, etc.

Note: LED headlights are a good 10lb heavier than the Bi-Xenon headlights, so PLEASE, no trail braking on cars with LED headlights because too much front axle grip (jokes, but yes it is quite heavier).
Old 04-09-2017, 02:10 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

+1 Perfect Summary
Old 04-09-2017, 04:05 AM
neuroguru
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Neither of those are standard on the .2 They're both options. Standard is silver painted. But I've yet to see a picture of them. To me the Satin Aluminum is just too bright and makes the wheels pop too much.
Sorry, you're right, not 'Satin' aluminum.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:48 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by chaosoul

You have standard Xenon without PDLS. (which is a chrome/silver interior housing).

You have the PDLS Xenon lights for $780. (This upgrade makes the interior housing wall of the headlights black, however the headlight surround on the outside is still silver/grey and the top of the projector bulb is still chrome, unlike previously they had an option of bi-Xenon PDLS headlight in black, which made the outside surround and the top of the projector bulb black as well)

As mentioned, the LED headlights will have the HALO on the outer border of the headlight with 4 dots still but on the ring.

Both standard Bi-Xenon and the PDLS Bi-Xenon will have the interior 4 lights as daytime running light.

As to which one looks nicer, it depends on your car's build/color, does it have black wheels, are you looking for contrast, do you have other chrome/silver bits, etc.

Note: LED headlights are a good 10lb heavier than the Bi-Xenon headlights, so PLEASE, no trail braking on cars with LED headlights because too much front axle grip (jokes, but yes it is quite heavier).
Very funny!! And informative.

Ok, I just care about lights which swivel into corners, so it seems like the $780 upgrade to regular PDLS could be all I need. on darker colors this might look better than the black LED headlights if matched to the right wheels.. question is which ones are the better matched wheels? aluminum satin or painted silver?

No idea if I have access to PTS yet. If I do I'm thinking Meerblau with silver accents, so just PDLS and either satin platinum or silver wheels. I love the cars with silver CXX bits like Jeff zwart's, but after inquiring about cost of those options I'll have more fun doing this myself after the fact.
OR..
signal yellow with black bits... black wheels, black PORSCHE script along doors...

Otherwise, if no PTS, going for a black car finally and will go red wheels and everything else dark including springing for the $2900 black LED.

(I reserve the right to change my mind 100 more times at least.)
Attached Images     
Old 04-10-2017, 01:45 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 688 Posts

Great summary!

The LEDs are really 10 lbs heavier?
Old 04-10-2017, 04:20 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
Great summary!

The LEDs are really 10 lbs heavier?

I didn't actually cared that much to put them on a scale but holding one 991.1 LED and one 991.1 Bi-xenon one in each hand at same time, from my experience with weights, at least 5-7 lb heavier per housing (this is not including any difference in modules etc).
Old 04-10-2017, 06:37 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I didn't actually cared that much to put them on a scale but holding one 991.1 LED and one 991.1 Bi-xenon one in each hand at same time, from my experience with weights, at least 5-7 lb heavier per housing (this is not including any difference in modules etc).
Quite surprising.

Quick Reply: Pic of Car with .2 GT3 Standard Wheels?