Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else having a hard time making a transmission choice?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 03:42 PM
997GGTTSS
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else having a hard time making a transmission choice?

Hey everyone,

I know the gearbox choice has been beat to death now by all the threads, and I know it really comes down to personal driving preference, but I'm having a really hard time choosing. I have a 997 C4 GTS right now which is PDK and a E92 M3 manual, I'm 99.9% sure I'll get an 18' GT3 allocation (pretty much first on list after 918 buyers). I love manuals and PDK if I'm honest, but I feel that the performance is so high in the new GT3 being it's 9K RPM, 500HP, motorsport derived engine, and a 911R gearbox that a manual might not seem as enjoyable because I would never be able to reach anywhere near the limits of the car on the streets. This would be my daily driver also so PDK in the occasional traffic would make it a much better car. On the other hand I'll be keeping this car forever, it's my dream car, and Porsche will always make plenty of PDK cars, but pretty soon there might not be any manual NA 6 speed manuals made. Anyone on here planning on ordering a 991.2 GT3 with a manual and planning on daily driving it and occasional track days? I want the most emotional and connected driving experience, yet anyone feel that the limits of this car is so high that a manual might not be as enjoyable while staying in legal limits on the streets? Feel free to comment if you are also struggling with this decision without thinking of the future value of having a manual over a PDK, and whether it'll be your daily or just weekend/track toy.

Quick Reply: Anyone else having a hard time making a transmission choice?