Sponsored by:

Harness Bar/Belts in the SE

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 10:07 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,086 Likes on 622 Posts
Default Harness Bar/Belts in the SE

All - I'm sure many of you have seen my thread about stumbling in to an RS. Thanks for the advice from those who weighed in.

I want to get a harness bar and belts installed in the car. Can y'all recommend shops in the SE (Atlanta, Indy, Cincy, B-ham, Nashville, etc.) that are best at doing this work? I figure I need to put some gentle miles on it so why not make a long weekend trip out of getting it HPDE ready. (Car has LWBs so that part is solid.)

Thanks again.
Tim
Old 02-18-2017, 09:08 AM
csfastp
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

I would check who is a distributor for GMG products. I would also suggest a roll cage in lieu of a harness bar. The roll cage will protect so much better is something bad should happen. I am have a GMG roll cage installed next week with harnesses. I had the pleasure to spent some time with some race car drivers and i am now convinced that even with doing local DE's you should have a much protection as you can. I will running DE's this year with harness and Hans with a roll cage.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:12 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Originally Posted by csfastp
I would check who is a distributor for GMG products. I would also suggest a roll cage in lieu of a harness bar. The roll cage will protect so much better is something bad should happen. I am have a GMG roll cage installed next week with harnesses. I had the pleasure to spent some time with some race car drivers and i am now convinced that even with doing local DE's you should have a much protection as you can. I will running DE's this year with harness and Hans with a roll cage.
Good advice. I actually sent an e-mail to the nearest GMG dealer - Wright Performance in Cincy. They look solid. I'll see what they say.

My plan is to ask the dealer/installer what their recommendations are. Cage makes sense to me if that's what's best.
Old 02-18-2017, 02:47 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 226 Likes on 146 Posts

Kinetic Motorsport.
Use to set up my M3 when I lived in Atlanta.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:57 PM
TM5
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wright Motosports is in my backyard and have used them for DE prep - very solid shop - also a lot of eye candy as they support several race teams and have no problem showing you around the shop.

Winning Formula in Louisville is also worth considering - great bunch of guys and very knowledgable
Old 02-20-2017, 08:22 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Originally Posted by TM5
Wright Motosports is in my backyard and have used them for DE prep - very solid shop - also a lot of eye candy as they support several race teams and have no problem showing you around the shop.

Winning Formula in Louisville is also worth considering - great bunch of guys and very knowledgable
Thanks. I'm in touch with Wright. So far - so good.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:02 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 552 Likes on 317 Posts

Wright Motorsports is a great shop to work with

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram
Old 02-21-2017, 03:42 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by STALKER99
Kinetic Motorsport.
Use to set up my M3 when I lived in Atlanta.

they are are no longer in business as they closed shop after their deal with Kia expired

Wright Motorsport is awesome. I would use them any day of the week if I was close to Cincinnati
Old 02-21-2017, 04:31 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Waiting on the final estimate from Wright (they wanted to check on parts availability) but at this point it's highly likely I will end up with them. Going to do bar, driver's side harness, mounts plus align/corner balance. Just need to get it done before my next event at Barber in early April - plenty of time.

Thanks for all the help guys.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:08 PM
TM5
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The only downside with Wright is that during race season (which is under way for them now) their mechanics are only onsite during off weeks and those times get booked quickly - make sure Tim gives you their availability as it may be less than you are expecting between now and early April.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:06 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Originally Posted by TM5
The only downside with Wright is that during race season (which is under way for them now) their mechanics are only onsite during off weeks and those times get booked quickly - make sure Tim gives you their availability as it may be less than you are expecting between now and early April.
Definitely. Tim and I talked about that. Work should get done week of 3/20 which is perfect for me.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:46 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm having Goldcrest Motorsports install my BBi cage next Monday along with exhaust and some other goodies. They've been awesome to deal with and located on the NW side of Atlanta.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:03 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymission
I'm having Goldcrest Motorsports install my BBi cage next Monday along with exhaust and some other goodies. They've been awesome to deal with and located on the NW side of Atlanta.
For sure Goldcrest if you are looking to drive down to Atlanta and time it with a track day at Road Atlanta.

Another option in Atlanta area is MotorWerks Racing.

Quick Reply: Harness Bar/Belts in the SE