Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waiting for allocation? Do you just wait?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 06:34 AM
Porschmich
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would have bought 3 cars GT3, GT3RS and the R. Just get us some allocations for the cars I, we want. Would still have at least 2 of them with the R as a keeper.
And please keep giving me a manual. PDK is nice but may not want one on every
future car I order. But than if I don't get an allocation for what I want, may not order another Porsche.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:45 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschmich
I would have bought 3 cars GT3, GT3RS and the R. Just get us some allocations for the cars I, we want. Would still have at least 2 of them with the R as a keeper.
And please keep giving me a manual. PDK is nice but may not want one on every
future car I order. But than if I don't get an allocation for what I want, may not order another Porsche.
Can you explain, other than for investment purposes, why anyone would have both a GT3 and a GT3RS?

Let's be honest... anyone that gets an allocation for an R would buy one. Of course, if everyone got an allocation for an R, then nobody would buy them.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:55 AM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
Can you explain, other than for investment purposes, why anyone would have both a GT3 and a GT3RS?

Let's be honest... anyone that gets an allocation for an R would buy one. Of course, if everyone got an allocation for an R, then nobody would buy them.
I could be convinced to own a manual GT3 and PDK GT3 RS. In fact, that's part of my life's mission.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:19 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Originally Posted by Money2536
I could be convinced to own a manual GT3 and PDK GT3 RS. In fact, that's part of my life's mission.
Sure. I was thinking in terms of the current versions of the cars though so both would be PDK.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:31 AM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

I'm interested in hearing some inspiring stories from anyone that was able to snag a GT3 allocation. Definition of inspiring would not relate to stories of how you got an allocation by buying 5 TTSs over the course of 2 years. It would be inspiring to hear the stories about getting one as a first or second time buyer. If those stories exist??

Just a little encouragement to give us peons a glimmer of hope, that one day we will taste the GT milk from the Porsche Teet you all know so well.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:44 AM
RONGLOS
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by tqevo
Can't tell if you're trolling. To make it crystal clear, answer by sharing your demographics: age, location, race

Why race?
Old 01-13-2017, 11:55 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

The Key is befriending the GM at the Dealer. That is how much is accomplished
Old 01-13-2017, 12:04 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 131 Likes on 60 Posts

Not true^

Some of us was offered R. But, if you don't plan to keep the car. You don't buy it. Because next time they won't offer you one.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:47 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Originally Posted by NA430GTS
I'm interested in hearing some inspiring stories from anyone that was able to snag a GT3 allocation. Definition of inspiring would not relate to stories of how you got an allocation by buying 5 TTSs over the course of 2 years. It would be inspiring to hear the stories about getting one as a first or second time buyer. If those stories exist??

Just a little encouragement to give us peons a glimmer of hope, that one day we will taste the GT milk from the Porsche Teet you all know so well.
Are you talking about the 991.1 GT3? Did people really want one but never get one, through the whole production run? Or did everyone that wanted one from the beginning eventually get one, even if it took a long time? I get the impression here that if you're willing to wait, you'll get one eventually and it's the people that don't want to wait that pay big premiums.

Edit: Or, of course, the people that decide they want one well after production is under way and there just aren't any left.

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Some of us was offered R. But, if you don't plan to keep the car. You don't buy it. Because next time they won't offer you one.
Good point here. Relationships definitely matter. I wonder if the attitude is different for the people still in the VIP programme? I mean... when you've paid for the privilege of getting the cars, would any dealer take issue with immediately flipping them for profit? I think it would be expected rather than frowned upon.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:50 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 939 Likes on 414 Posts

Good point here. Relationships definitely matter. I wonder if the attitude is different for the people still in the VIP programme? I mean... when you've paid for the privilege of getting the cars, would any dealer take issue with immediately flipping them for profit? I think it would be expected rather than frowned upon.
A lot of people got kicked out of the VIP program because they flipped their R right away. There are a lot less people in the VIP program now
Old 01-13-2017, 12:56 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by NA430GTS

I was a first time buyer and got an allocation .
i had to wait 2 years 😡 But I got one (deposit March 2013 and car was delivered March 2015)

fortunately for me though, the stop sale and my changing exterior color from GR to RY delayed my car long enough that the LWB's became an option on the configurator--I love these seats so much I was forced to buy a GT4 with them also😉

The other downside to waiting so long was that I cancelled ED as I would have taken delivery in winter and was not up for that😫 But this car was DEFINITELY worth the wait--specced exactly as I wanted--wouldn't change a thing!
Old 01-13-2017, 01:18 PM
Porschmich
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wild Weasel before you just comment please read what I have wrote.
Did not say that I would keep both the GT3 and the RS. Would have bought the GT3 and traded it in for a RS when that come out. Only keeper for me would be
the R.. Would trade the RS in on next generation also.
And your comment if everyone could get an R nobody would want one is
nonsense. All you have to do is drive the car.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:34 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Originally Posted by unotaz
A lot of people got kicked out of the VIP program because they flipped their R right away. There are a lot less people in the VIP program now
That happened? Was there some wording in the programme that allowed for people to be kicked out of it?

I just thought this was an unexpected benefit that came out of it and that they'd just be expected to take advantage of it. Not because they're bad people or anything. Just because it seems silly not to under the circumstances.

Wild Weasel before you just comment please read what I have wrote.
Did not say that I would keep both the GT3 and the RS. Would have bought the GT3 and traded it in for a RS when that come out. Only keeper for me would be
the R.. Would trade the RS in on next generation also.
Sorry. I misinterpreted it. With the last sentence about not ordering more Porsches if you don't get the allocations you want, I got the impression you should be able to just buy and keep all of them.

And your comment if everyone could get an R nobody would want one is
nonsense. All you have to do is drive the car.
I get that they're amazing. I didn't say nobody would WANT one. I said they wouldn't BUY one. Just making the point that in the current situation, anyone that could buy one should, even if they're on food stamps and have to finance the purchase by kidnapping some loan shark's kids. If there's no obvious and immediate massive profit to pocket though, then it suddenly becomes a whole different proposition dropping that much money on a car that would depreciate like a normal car would.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:39 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 275 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
The Key is befriending the GM at the Dealer. That is how much is accomplished

That's funny. How exactly do you think people befriend the GM?

MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2017, 02:04 PM
PTGFAR
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

When I was looking for my first Porsche, I learned all I could by reading about the different models on Porsche's website and this forum. Then I drove the GT3 and Turbo S at Exotics Racing. I decided that the GT3 was the car I wanted. In 2014 I contacted the dealer to talk about ordering a GT3. Apparently I was one person too late. They had customers for all the cars that they were getting. They told me that if I get on the waiting list, I would be the first in line for the next GT3. At the time, it was believed that GT3 production would end at the end of December 2014 and they thought I would be waiting for about 3 years. I decided to get on the list and just wait. We now know that Porsche decided to continue making GT3's for another year. In August 2015 the dealer called and said that they got an allocation for a 2016 GT3 so I made the order. I received the car in December 2015. It was at msrp by the way.

Quick Reply: Waiting for allocation? Do you just wait?