Sponsored by:

GT3RS x 5, 911R, GT3's all for Charity

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 01:23 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by DDWPartners Ryan
Thanks guys. This is the third event I've done for Hope Kids (the other two were Top Golf and pictures for the families) and each one is always great to see the kids and families getting to have fun and have a break from the battles they are going through.

SmokinGTS, the regions president emailed me and said PCA doesn't allow any outside events to be posted to their members. Is that true? It was a good friend who actually contacted him about the event who's also a PCA member and I was copied in that email and the presidents reply. I don't see how someone couldn't get behind supporting kids with cancer and serious diseases but he didn't even have any interest in coming to support. My friend who contacted him for me ended up being embarrassed to even be a PCA member with the "stock" reply he sent us. But I guess things like this aren't for everyone.

Haku, I read your first post. I'm curious if you had a similar experience
I edited my post and deleted some of my initial comments. For those that didn't see them, they were about me not renewing my PCA membership.

Getting PCA support in non PCA organized charity events can be a tedious and frustrating excercise. It quickly leads to losing control and then enters the realms of politics and hierarchical beaurocracy. I'm sure that in my case a lot was to do with local chapters and how they responded. Whatever the reason, it's now not an organization that reflects my views on how it should support charitable activities by individuals (member or not), or other third parties. I have therefore let my membership lapse.

Ryan, you've clearly showed what can be achieved by individuals... even without the support of large organizations. Well done for doing all that you have.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:02 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

Very neat to see. Great row of RS's and quite the showing. That 250 California Spyder though, oof, what a car.

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 01-09-2017, 07:06 PM
DDWPartners Ryan
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku
I edited my post and deleted some of my initial comments. For those that didn't see them, they were about me not renewing my PCA membership.

Getting PCA support in non PCA organized charity events can be a tedious and frustrating excercise. It quickly leads to losing control and then enters the realms of politics and hierarchical beaurocracy. I'm sure that in my case a lot was to do with local chapters and how they responded. Whatever the reason, it's now not an organization that reflects my views on how it should support charitable activities by individuals (member or not), or other third parties. I have therefore let my membership lapse.

Ryan, you've clearly showed what can be achieved by individuals... even without the support of large organizations. Well done for doing all that you have.
Thank you. I'm still getting more donations today from people so the tally is going up. I couldn't be happier with the first one and can't wait to do it again next year
Old 01-10-2017, 11:07 AM
DDWPartners Ryan
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have several hundred good pics but here are a few
Attached Images                
Old 01-10-2017, 02:02 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great pics, thank you for sharing.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:36 PM