Sponsored by:

RS owners: Request

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 11:25 AM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 655 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
Agree. However my guess is that his harness belts will match the door pulls so he could still go yellow but red factory belts is a factor. Can factory belts be changed?
Factory belts can can be changed. I always prefer to match belts/harness/pulls with calipers. That's just me.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:06 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Few things:

1. My S eatbelts are yellow (seatbelts CAN be changed. Suncoast sells them)

2. I'm DEFINITELY doing yellow door pulls. The red comment was a joke. Guess the emojis didn't communicate that.

3. I have a Porsche tech that i work with on the side. We are discussing whether to change the fabric or the whole assembly. We are leaning toward just the fabric. I'd rather put a few hundred bucks in his pocket to do fabric change vs buy a whole new assembly.

4. Porsche exclusive wanted like $1200 to change the door pulls. Suncoast charges $450 for new assemblies. Two feet of fabric and one mans labor....maybe $300 tops. Like I said...I'd rather put that money in someone's pocket.

5. My Schroth harnesses are black with yellow logos.

I think that covered all the questions/comments...?
Old 01-07-2017, 06:30 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilT3 (PT3)
Few things:

1. My S eatbelts are yellow (seatbelts CAN be changed. Suncoast sells them)

2. I'm DEFINITELY doing yellow door pulls. The red comment was a joke. Guess the emojis didn't communicate that.

3. I have a Porsche tech that i work with on the side. We are discussing whether to change the fabric or the whole assembly. We are leaning toward just the fabric. I'd rather put a few hundred bucks in his pocket to do fabric change vs buy a whole new assembly.

4. Porsche exclusive wanted like $1200 to change the door pulls. Suncoast charges $450 for new assemblies. Two feet of fabric and one mans labor....maybe $300 tops. Like I said...I'd rather put that money in someone's pocket.

5. My Schroth harnesses are black with yellow logos.

I think that covered all the questions/comments...?
Phil: Its going to be kick ***!
Old 01-07-2017, 07:19 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 655 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilT3 (PT3)
Few things: 1. My S eatbelts are yellow (seatbelts CAN be changed. Suncoast sells them) 2. I'm DEFINITELY doing yellow door pulls. The red comment was a joke. Guess the emojis didn't communicate that. 3. I have a Porsche tech that i work with on the side. We are discussing whether to change the fabric or the whole assembly. We are leaning toward just the fabric. I'd rather put a few hundred bucks in his pocket to do fabric change vs buy a whole new assembly. 4. Porsche exclusive wanted like $1200 to change the door pulls. Suncoast charges $450 for new assemblies. Two feet of fabric and one mans labor....maybe $300 tops. Like I said...I'd rather put that money in someone's pocket. 5. My Schroth harnesses are black with yellow logos. I think that covered all the questions/comments...?
Sorry Phil, originally saw the post on my phone and I didn't recognize the no no emoji! Sounds like you are dialed in. Let us know how switching out the fabric on the pulls go.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:36 AM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Waxer
Phil: Its going to be kick ***!
Thanks man!!! I can't wait :ic on107:
Old 01-08-2017, 03:40 AM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Sorry Phil, originally saw the post on my phone and I didn't recognize the no no emoji! Sounds like you are dialed in. Let us know how switching out the fabric on the pulls go.
Oh hey bud! NOOOO apologies needed bud! Sometimes humor can be tough over text

Looking forward to seeing yours come in as well!

Any plans for it?

Quick Reply: RS owners: Request