Sponsored by:

GT3 RS for sale unspoken for..

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 02:03 PM
chio4
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Maybe if PAG/PCNA wouldn't allow stealers to spec GT cars that would be help. I wonder if these were one of the allocations where this stealer was holding out to get $100k over for and got no takers.

nuvolari612 would probably know more than me
Old 12-13-2016, 02:17 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,190 Likes on 473 Posts

I was told this was a surprise allocation dropped on the dealer by Porsche to celebrate their new showroom opening. I was told by the dealer they had no control over build options.
Old 12-13-2016, 04:04 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
I was told this was a surprise allocation dropped on the dealer by Porsche to celebrate their new showroom opening. I was told by the dealer they had no control over build options.
Was told the RS just sort of popped up - it had a few miles from a photo shoot by Porsche. It's a brand new dealership so it could be a reward. I was hunting for an RS and reached out before my Voo Doo and asked if there were any order slots etc. Few weeks later this one was offered.

If it was a nice surprise from Porsche that's my entire premise they could have created a scenario to gain a loyal customer and add a Panam Macan etc.

Indigo being new should try harder than the last guys that consisted of two dealerships now one - offering an RS to the highest bidder is bad business but it's theirs not mine.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:48 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,024 Likes on 2,293 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Was told the RS just sort of popped up - it had a few miles from a photo shoot by Porsche. It's a brand new dealership so it could be a reward. I was hunting for an RS and reached out before my Voo Doo and asked if there were any order slots etc. Few weeks later this one was offered.

If it was a nice surprise from Porsche that's my entire premise they could have created a scenario to gain a loyal customer and add a Panam Macan etc.

Indigo being new should try harder than the last guys that consisted of two dealerships now one - offering an RS to the highest bidder is bad business but it's theirs not mine.
Ahhh, that's interesting how they dropped them a semi PTS RS. I do agree that they could sell a Panny Piggy and this RS at MSRP to gain a local loyal customer but alas the $$$ in their heads have gotten in the way of thinking long term. I'm sure you guys know how they'll be pricing their .2GT3s allocations.
Old 12-13-2016, 07:02 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

same ownership group as Porsche North Houston! Also owns Porsche store in Palm Springs!

has anyone offered to buy a panny plus the RS?
Old 12-13-2016, 07:34 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,024 Likes on 2,293 Posts

I can't wait for the economy to slow down and end the easy money policies, having these stealers beg for business. My sources are telling me that the auto sub prime market is starting to have increasing defaults...could be a canary in the coal mine.
Old 12-13-2016, 09:23 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
same ownership group as Porsche North Houston! Also owns Porsche store in Palm Springs!

has anyone offered to buy a panny plus the RS?
Yes and ...

usctrojangt3 - said the same thing in 2009 when Ferrari shuttered the factory for an extended period of time.

Ivory Towers like Indigo locally built a 20M dealership and bought out the other two dealers etc - have no idea how they make it work.

Again going back 7 years had a friend who built a 8m Hummer dealer GM then closed - lost everything.

The Blue Sky being paid for dealerships is crazy but they keep getting swallowed. Service techs get paid less salespeople same story - the intent behind dealerships was to serve the local community.

Today if I call the local Mercedes Lexus Audi BMW Infinity Land Rover Jaguar all in one dealer it goes to a call center - frustrating for a car guy.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:29 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,457 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Seriously. You get a PTS opportunity on a new RS and you do Racing Yellow?! Mental. Unless the goal was, 'hey, let's do a color that noooooooobody else would choose, so it's suuuuuuper rare'. Then again Pontiak Azteks are suuuuuuper rare too.
+1

Why would you choose a standard color offered on the GT4, Boxster, etc as your RS PTS color? Mind blowing

I like RY but not as an RS PTS color
Old 12-13-2016, 11:14 PM
chio4
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Yes and ...

usctrojangt3 - said the same thing in 2009 when Ferrari shuttered the factory for an extended period of time.

Ivory Towers like Indigo locally built a 20M dealership and bought out the other two dealers etc - have no idea how they make it work.

Again going back 7 years had a friend who built a 8m Hummer dealer GM then closed - lost everything.

The Blue Sky being paid for dealerships is crazy but they keep getting swallowed. Service techs get paid less salespeople same story - the intent behind dealerships was to serve the local community.

Today if I call the local Mercedes Lexus Audi BMW Infinity Land Rover Jaguar all in one dealer it goes to a call center - frustrating for a car guy.

This is why I LOVE Audi Kirkwood still the small feel like park town i know everyone! The best dealer in STL..

Quick Reply: GT3 RS for sale unspoken for..