Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 GT3 Engine Fault code

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016 | 04:26 PM
Lukas_at
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bronson7
Anyone who have had a replaced engine or top end work receive CPO or extended warranty?
According to Porsche NA you cant get CPO for GT3s with already extended warranty because of engine replacement. They get one year longer .. however there seem enough 2014 GT3s with CPO which would end up in 7 year warranty ... I guess your dealer need to have some good contacts ...
Old 12-08-2016 | 07:59 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by RealityGT
^I actually hope you get a new motor!

Best of Luck today!
I agree, I hope you do also.
Old 12-08-2016 | 08:00 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Lukas_at
According to Porsche NA you cant get CPO for GT3s with already extended warranty because of engine replacement. They get one year longer .. however there seem enough 2014 GT3s with CPO which would end up in 7 year warranty ... I guess your dealer need to have some good contacts ...
It certainly can get confusing.
Old 12-13-2016 | 10:33 PM
Princealidds
Rennlist Member

So got my baby back from Dealer, they said the issue was "Misfire Spark plug #1" They replaced it. And said its fine now. However, after reading post on here, the misfire problem comes back. Leading to engine replacement......... Either way I'll be driving her hard, past 8000 rpm, since thats what caused it in first place.......
Old 12-14-2016 | 04:08 PM
Princealidds
Rennlist Member

Soooooooooooo..... today ran car past 8000 rpm and the same codes popped up..... Im sure its another misfire from other spark plugs, i feel it will go back & forth until the engine is to be replaced. My question is if that becomes the case, would i negotiate with the dealer to get warranty 100k miles/7 years? or is that something Porsche will just give once the engine is replaced????
Old 12-14-2016 | 07:46 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Thoughts on a misfire. If you don't do the spark plug change after the recommended time/mileage, would this be the same code popping up? If so, can you do damage and ultimately cause engine damage? Might be a quicker way to get a replacement engine if this is the case.
Old 12-14-2016 | 07:53 PM
Princealidds
Rennlist Member

So question becomes, Lemon Law as an option....... I love this car. But after reading so many threads and others who have experienced this issue, back & forth to dealer...... Maybe right now Im just frustated, so I even bring Lemon Law.
Old 12-14-2016 | 11:09 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Just go through he motions. The dealer knows the rules too. They are following the test plan provided by porsche. You're probably getting a new engine.
Old 12-15-2016 | 12:02 AM
GT63TT
Instructor

Originally Posted by Princealidds
Soooooooooooo..... today ran car past 8000 rpm and the same codes popped up..... Im sure its another misfire from other spark plugs, i feel it will go back & forth until the engine is to be replaced. My question is if that becomes the case, would i negotiate with the dealer to get warranty 100k miles/7 years? or is that something Porsche will just give once the engine is replaced????
Keep us posted if you find an answer to your question.
Old 12-15-2016 | 12:03 AM
GT63TT
Instructor

So question becomes, Lemon Law as an option....... I love this car. But after reading so many threads and others who have experienced this issue, back & forth to dealer...... Maybe right now Im just frustated, so I even bring Lemon Law.
As you are the second owner of the car, from what I understand, and I could be wrong; since you are not the original owner lemon law is not valid. At least in the state of California to which I have had experience w before.
Old 12-15-2016 | 12:07 AM
GT63TT
Instructor

Originally Posted by bronson7
Thoughts on a misfire. If you don't do the spark plug change after the recommended time/mileage, would this be the same code popping up? If so, can you do damage and ultimately cause engine damage? Might be a quicker way to get a replacement engine if this is the case.
I am not sure I totally understand your question, but, I too had a faulty plug replaced. The service manager stated in person, off the record, that the plug had delaminated. I will never know if scraps or particulates entered the engine. I wonder if this is the case with OP.
Old 12-15-2016 | 12:11 AM
GT63TT
Instructor

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Just go through he motions. The dealer knows the rules too. They are following the test plan provided by porsche. You're probably getting a new engine.
I agree, just keep going back and stating the original symptoms verbatim. Double check the "client states" line on the service documentation and keep copies of them for future record. Best of luck and keep us posted. I hope you get a new engine and can tell us all about it. What iteration of this engine are we on anyways and does 9,000RPMS negatively affect the reliability of this engine?

From what I've read, the 4L in the RS doesn't seems to be having these issues.
Old 12-15-2016 | 01:11 AM
Princealidds
Rennlist Member

If this leads up to getting a new engine, would this car automatically get warranty 100k miles? And extra year?
Old 12-15-2016 | 01:20 AM
GT63TT
Instructor

If this leads up to getting a new engine, would this car automatically get warranty 100k miles? And extra year?
I am not sure about this.. I know the 14s w engine replacements got extended warranty. I heard but cant confirm those cars got 7 years from DOP (date of purchase)
Old 12-15-2016 | 01:32 AM
Princealidds
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT63TT
As you are the second owner of the car, from what I understand, and I could be wrong; since you are not the original owner lemon law is not valid. At least in the state of California to which I have had experience w before.

You are correct. I bought it from Porsche dealer in NY with 7000 miles. So I cannot lemon the car in CA since I'm not original owner??

Quick Reply: 2015 GT3 Engine Fault code