991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New RS Deliveries-Who's still waiting

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017 | 12:20 PM
Tosilog
Racer

Columbia Highway has arrived in Davisville this morning, according to marinetraffic.com
Old 01-04-2017 | 12:59 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Goodwood status:
Attached Images  
Old 01-04-2017 | 03:51 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Four Liter
I'm on the Goodwood . I had requested Michelins ( because I paid the $4500 to have the wheels painted and knew they were going to be dismounted ) , but was told it was luck of the draw - was happy to see it is on them .
Wheels painted to match colour of car?
Old 01-04-2017 | 04:42 PM
Four Liter
Pro

Originally Posted by bronson7
Wheels painted to match colour of car?
I PM'd a couple of you guys on this , but here is the spec . The car is GT Silver with Guards Red wheels , script on the caps in GR , upper part of mirrors in GR , script on engine lid in GR and Porsche logo on top surface of wing in GR . Strangely , they would not paint the wing tips so I'm buying a second set and painting them myself . Inside - black stitching , GR seat belts and door pulls and took the fire extinguisher as well . The car is a basic ''Mooty '' spec - no radio , no chrono , no lift and standard headlights . Steel brakes .
Old 01-04-2017 | 05:19 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

^^ very nice spec!
Mooty is blind as a bat in the dark and got upgraded headlights.
I'm getting g there myself, still have regular lights but will upgrade next time.

Love the black inside, mooty car best RS interior on the planet.

Well done.
Old 01-04-2017 | 05:28 PM
Four Liter
Pro

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
^^ very nice spec!
Mooty is blind as a bat in the dark and got upgraded headlights.
I'm getting g there myself, still have regular lights but will upgrade next time.

Love the black inside, mooty car best RS interior on the planet.

Well done.
Thanks Peter - would have loved PTS , but I had this as my default color combo if I couldn't get it . Short of that very happy I got to spec it the way I wanted it .
Bryan
Old 01-04-2017 | 05:33 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

It's a great track spec. Love it.
Old 01-04-2017 | 07:24 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

I PM'd a couple of you guys on this , but here is the spec . The car is GT Silver with Guards Red wheels , script on the caps in GR , upper part of mirrors in GR , script on engine lid in GR and Porsche logo on top surface of wing in GR . Strangely , they would not paint the wing tips so I'm buying a second set and painting them myself . Inside - black stitching , GR seat belts and door pulls and took the fire extinguisher as well . The car is a basic ''Mooty '' spec - no radio , no chrono , no lift and standard headlights . Steel brakes .
Very tastefully done. Thank you for sharing and can't wait to see the pics.
Old 01-05-2017 | 02:56 AM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

That's going to be hot!!!!
I was THIS close to doing red wheels/accents on my GT Silver GT3.

What made you have Porsche do all that custom painting at such a premium vs having it done locally like you'll do with the wing end caps?

Either way....I'm excited to see LOTS of pics!!!!
Old 01-05-2017 | 02:59 AM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
Goodwood status:
So they're saying it's going to take 10 days to cross the Atlantic? I was under the impression it was more like a 6-8 day trip....??
Old 01-05-2017 | 03:12 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

I wish there were a good render of what that spec would look like... hmmm. ;-).

Congrats, will look abfab... thanks for the heads up yesterday, can't wait to see it.
Attached Images  
Old 01-05-2017 | 07:26 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Very happy for you and to read about these CXX options.

My gt2rs will be a European clubsport so still waiting to hear on some other CXX options. Anyone in Europe that has been approved CXX painted roll bar?
Old 01-05-2017 | 08:29 AM
Asco
Racer

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Very happy for you and to read about these CXX options.

My gt2rs will be a European clubsport so still waiting to hear on some other CXX options. Anyone in Europe that has been approved CXX painted roll bar?
I tried hard for the painted roll bar, but at least for me it was a strong no-no from my dealer in Finland and from Germany as well. My is being done aftermarket as we speak.
Old 01-05-2017 | 08:40 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Originally Posted by Asco
I tried hard for the painted roll bar, but at least for me it was a strong no-no from my dealer in Finland and from Germany as well. My is being done aftermarket as we speak.
Ok, please post a picture when done.

Aftermarket is always good but a few things would be fun to get from the factory.
Old 01-05-2017 | 09:52 AM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PhilT3 (PT3)
So they're saying it's going to take 10 days to cross the Atlantic? I was under the impression it was more like a 6-8 day trip....??
I think they build extra time in the estimate just in case of weather or port delays. I agree 6-8 days is more realistic.

Either way.... IT'S ON A BOAT!

Quick Reply: New RS Deliveries-Who's still waiting