Sponsored by:

New RS Deliveries-Who's still waiting

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 11:36 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
This may sound crazy but this wait is NOTHING compared to the GT4 (15 mo from deposit to delivery), so it seems like we just placed the order and it's already out of production.

I guess that's the difference between being toward the end of the line thinking you'll never get "in" - versus being told you're not even in the line (nor will you get a place in line) and then getting a last minute call saying "hey - you can cut to the front of the line" just before the door closes.

Plus I'm not excited about a mid winter delivery because it won't be driven until the roads are clear of chemicals. It'll probably have to be transported to our house from the dealer unless we get some insanely unusual weather that involves a thaw followed by very heavy rain, immediately followed by sun to dry the road - exactly within the window when it must be driven. Doubtful!

I'm not complaining! Just reciting hubby's rules for winter delivery
Originally Posted by reidry
I hear ya, my GT3 deposit went down in Jun '13, car was delivered in Jan '15. This is nothin'

Ryan
I think you both underestimate my high level of impatience.......
Old 12-25-2016, 11:55 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

This may sound crazy but this wait is NOTHING compared to the GT4 (15 mo from deposit to delivery), so it seems like we just placed the order and it's already out of production.

I guess that's the difference between being toward the end of the line thinking you'll never get "in" - versus being told you're not even in the line (nor will you get a place in line) and then getting a last minute call saying "hey - you can cut to the front of the line" just before the door closes.

Plus I'm not excited about a mid winter delivery because it won't be driven until the roads are clear of chemicals. It'll probably have to be transported to our house from the dealer unless we get some insanely unusual weather that involves a thaw followed by very heavy rain, immediately followed by sun to dry the road - exactly within the window when it must be driven. Doubtful!

I agree on the whole winter weather thing. However, I have a fair amount of mods getting done. And I need them done by April. I will trailer it when needed. But if there's a nice day and no crap on the roads I'm sure I'll put a few miles on her!

I got the following work that needs to go to (5) different shops:

-Full body Paint protection film
-Windshield protection (Bray Racesheild)
-Vinyl livery
-Window tint
-BBS FIR wheels and Cup2's with Tiredecals
-Dundon Headers
-BBI harness bar and Schroth harnesses for both driver and passenger
-Rennline aluminum Track mats and drilled pedals
-Extinguisher
-Convex rear view mirror
-Alignment (3 hour drive one-way to this shop)
-DSC controller? (still researching)

So...as you can see... with a delivery around late Jan, that only gives me February and March to get a fair amount done.

Plus, I just want it in my possession!!....so I can sleep in it!!

Last edited by PhilT3 (PT3); 12-26-2016 at 12:11 AM.
Old 12-26-2016, 12:08 AM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Alan C.
Phil, it builds character.
Character Schmaracter
Old 12-26-2016, 10:57 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with hubby, nothing worse than immediately after pick the car looks like sh$t.
Old 12-26-2016, 09:54 PM
jwalton
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Mine left the port December 23 headed to Davisville. Anyone know the boats that left that day and the tracking link? Thanks Jon in Delaware
Old 12-26-2016, 10:21 PM
WildBill
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Your dealer can look up your car in their system to identify the ship. Get the ship name and google it to find tracking websites. My RS is currently traveling through the Caribbean on it's way to the west coast.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:21 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,475 Likes on 638 Posts

According to marinetraffic.com the Columbia Highway left EME on 12-24 and is expected DVV on 1-4. It is a vehicle carrier. That's the only one I could find that is expected in Davisville that might be a match. I'm on my phone and when I can get on iPad or computer I can post a link.

Since mine arrived EME on 12-19 I'm wondering if it also is on the same ship. We've had no updates since the 19th. My dealer is checking but their system shows no updates as of this morning.

EME = Emden
DVV = Davisville
Old 12-26-2016, 10:45 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,475 Likes on 638 Posts

Okay. There are three vehicle carriers with ETA for DVV but we can rule out two from the dates they departed EME and the port from which they are leaving.

The Columbia Highway seems the closest possible match.

If you go to www.marinetraffic.com and at the top/right of the page, type "DVV" into search bar and hit return (or the magnifying glass), you'll see a new page with DVV port info.
Under Result you'll see one result: "DVV". Click on "DVV".

In the new window scroll down and you'll see info on the port.
Choose the tab for Expected Arrivals.
You'll see three ships
Click on Columbia Highway and you'll see scheduled ETA is 1/4, estimated ETA is 1/3.

It says the reported ETA was received 12/25. During crossing - the ships may be out of communication for a few days so you may not see any change in position, or info for several days and then suddenly you'll see significant progress. The system won't update every day depending on available communication signal.

The green icon to the left of each ship indicates car carrier. You can find an icon key on marine traffic that tells you the type of cargo the ship is carrying.

If you click around you can get a bunch of info - but some is only available if you "upgrade" or join or whatever (I've never done that).

Here's a link to the page for DVV showing Columbia Highway info:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/...MBIA%20HIGHWAY

I am betting my car is on the ship too. It would make sense but I don't know why my SA can't learn anything. I assumed the info flow would stop during holiday shut down....

I learned about marinetraffic.com when I relentlessly stalked the GT4
Old 12-27-2016, 01:23 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

Mine is on the Oregon Highway. Apparantly just docked in Jacksonville. Getting close!
Old 12-27-2016, 04:15 AM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Okay. There are three vehicle carriers with ETA for DVV but we can rule out two from the dates they departed EME and the port from which they are leaving.

If you go to www.marinetraffic.com and at the top/right of the page, type "DVV" into search bar and hit return (or the magnifying glass), you'll see a new page with DVV port info.

You'll see three ships
Click on Columbia Highway and you'll see scheduled ETA is 1/4, estimated ETA is 1/3.

It says the reported ETA was received 12/25. During crossing - the ships may be out of communication for a few days so you may not see any change in position, or info for several days and then suddenly you'll see significant progress. The system won't update every day depending on available communication signal.

The green icon to the left of each ship indicates car carrier. You can find an icon key on marine traffic that tells you the type of cargo the ship is carrying.

If you click around you can get a bunch of info - but some is only available if you "upgrade" or join or whatever (I've never done that).

I am betting my car is on the ship too. It would make sense but I don't know why my SA can't learn anything. I assumed the info flow would stop during holiday shut down....

Duuude!! If there's a chance your on that ship, I suppose there's also a good chance for mine to be as well!

My VIN ends in 316 and was completed on 12/14/2016. Your thoughts?
Old 12-27-2016, 04:16 AM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jwalton
Mine left the port December 23 headed to Davisville. Anyone know the boats that left that day and the tracking link? Thanks Jon in Delaware
How did you find this out?
Old 12-27-2016, 07:41 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,194 Likes on 474 Posts

Mine supposedly left Emden on 12/16. That would put my ride on the California Highway, arriving Davisville 12/28. Hopefully at dealer in next 10-14 days. Not sure why I'm so excited, it's freezing cold out so it will just sit for a few months.
Old 12-27-2016, 08:52 AM
jwalton
Pro

Dealer sent me a text yesterday Phil.
Originally Posted by PhilT3 (PT3)
How did you find this out?
Old 12-27-2016, 08:56 AM
jwalton
Pro

Wow that's an awesome and complete answer to my post. . Thank you . Happy new year!!
Originally Posted by WildBill
Your dealer can look up your car in their system to identify the ship. Get the ship name and google it to find tracking websites. My RS is currently traveling through the Caribbean on it's way to the west coast.

You'll see three ships

Old 12-27-2016, 10:35 AM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilT3 (PT3)

Plus, I just want it in my possession!!....so I can sleep in it!!

Phil, you crack me up! All in a good way of course!

Quick Reply: New RS Deliveries-Who's still waiting