Sponsored by:

Under 500 mile RS Value???

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 09:45 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Far from a scientific effort but a quick audit of 52 RS's on Car Gurus shows the following:

Lowest priced car: 207K
Eight PTS cars from: 299K to 350K
Average priced car: 253K

There were 5 cars that were 207/209/209/210/211 I have to assume are at MSRP. They are are also listings that to me look sketchy at best without a phone call to verify. I am sure you would find similar data on cars.com etc.

Draw your own conclusions. I simply don't think there are RS's sitting at dealerships at MSRP. Is there one somewhere? I'm sure. Can you negotiate one at MSRP at a dealer in the rust belt? Maybe...
The MSRP cars on guru's pull from the dealer site, and they are not for sale all pre-ordered spoken for cars. You can tell because there is no actual picture of the car trust me. When I was searching I was calling dealers, and the cars are sold. When I purchased my GT3, and M5 they appeared also for MSRP when they shipped. The dealership does not control the listings other than resales unless a dealer ordered build you will see a markup.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:53 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 663 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
The MSRP cars on guru's pull from the dealer site, and they are not for sale all pre-ordered spoken for cars. You can tell because there is no actual picture of the car trust me. When I was searching I was calling dealers, and the cars are sold. When I purchased my GT3, and M5 they appeared also for MSRP when they shipped. The dealership does not control the listings other than resales unless a dealer ordered build you will see a markup.
Agreed completely. Like you, I scoured the country in the same way for a year when shopping for my GT3 2 years ago. To be clear the point I am making is people who are claiming there are readily available RS's at MSRP are just talking...
Old 11-26-2016, 10:09 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Agreed completely. Like you, I scoured the country in the same way for a year when shopping for my GT3 2 years ago. To be clear the point I am making is people who are claiming there are readily available RS's at MSRP are just talking...
Agree for sure it's a pipe dream. The bubble dropped from 100k, 70k, 50k, 40k, and if you can nail 20k and if you feel good about it ....it's fair based on market. What's funny I just sold a house, and it went to a bidding war above market which I took the highest bidder. Don't follow when people get upset with a dealer that would do the same sales strategy we use in our private lives. Supply and demand auto corrects over time, but the risk is when do you say yes? We're all blessed to debate 200k plus car prices. Hope all took time to enjoy their families which is the important stuff.
Old 11-26-2016, 10:16 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 663 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Agree for sure it's a pipe dream. The bubble dropped from 100k, 70k, 50k, 40k, and if you can nail 20k and if you feel good about it ....it's fair based on market. What's funny I just sold a house, and it went to a bidding war above market which I took the highest bidder. Don't follow when people get upset with a dealer that would do the same sales strategy we use in our private lives. Supply and demand auto corrects over time, but the risk is when do you say yes? We're all blessed to debate 200k plus car prices. Hope all took time to enjoy their families which is the important stuff.
Here here...

Quick Reply: Under 500 mile RS Value???