Sponsored by:

More pictures of 991.2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016 | 12:50 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by captainkirk
Hopefully the manual transmission in this car will bring 911R prices down to normal. Heck GT3 manual is gonna be insane
The prices of the R has little to do with the fact that it is a 6MT, per se. It is, as someone else mentioned already, the sum of its parts.

And for what it's worth, the aftermarket value of a 991.2 GT3 with a 7MT will not match, much less, exceed the current demand for it.
Old 11-07-2016 | 02:25 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
The prices of the R has little to do with the fact that it is a 6MT, per se. It is, as someone else mentioned already, the sum of its parts.

And for what it's worth, the aftermarket value of a 991.2 GT3 with a 7MT will not match, much less, exceed the current demand for it.
7MT? Why would Porsche re-invent the wheel and not use the same manual that's in the R for the .2GT3?

Anyhow, the car won't be limited....they'll build more .2GT3s than they did .1GT3s or RSs. Don't fall for the BS.
Old 11-07-2016 | 02:30 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
A GT3 with a manual is not an R. Any more than its an RS. I always wonder why this keeps coming up. The specialness of an R or RS is the sum of all of the cool one off spec each car has. From green gauges to a magnesium roof to a hounds tooth cloth to the wider track or Carbon fiber fenders. It goes on and on. The model designation alone brings a premium over the standard car.
it keeps coming up b/c owners wants to justify why their car or future car is => R or RS. sometimes they try to buy "value"... as i mentioned many times
the decal "R" and "RS" is worth $100k or so. it doesnt matter technology or speed, only the decal matters and if you want value, you cannot beat civic or accord.

buying porsche is like burning money. you decide if you want to take your time and burn washington or be efficient and burn franklin

trust me, burning money is the ultimate high.
take a $100 bill and put it over the wolf range. burn the money not your fingers come back and report the feeling, your heart rate.... you wont be needing sex any more.

let it burn
Old 11-07-2016 | 06:47 AM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Originally Posted by mooty
it keeps coming up b/c owners wants to justify why their car or future car is => R or RS. sometimes they try to buy "value"... as i mentioned many times
the decal "R" and "RS" is worth $100k or so. it doesnt matter technology or speed, only the decal matters and if you want value, you cannot beat civic or accord.

buying porsche is like burning money. you decide if you want to take your time and burn washington or be efficient and burn franklin

trust me, burning money is the ultimate high.
take a $100 bill and put it over the wolf range. burn the money not your fingers come back and report the feeling, your heart rate.... you wont be needing sex any more.

let it burn
I just tried this out. I pussed out and threw the 100 in my Subzero before it went to a crisp. Love the high end range analogues Mooty!
Old 11-07-2016 | 08:56 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ now take the crispy icy benjamin out of ur subzero put in cup with a bit of whisky drink it then chew on the benjamin... life is too short to think too much
Old 11-07-2016 | 05:41 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Mooty, you need to write a book or two.
Old 11-07-2016 | 06:14 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
A GT3 with a manual is not an R. Any more than its an RS. I always wonder why this keeps coming up. The specialness of an R or RS is the sum of all of the cool one off spec each car has. From green gauges to a magnesium roof to a hounds tooth cloth to the wider track or Carbon fiber fenders. It goes on and on. The model designation alone brings a premium over the standard car.
Mr. Adair I agree with you but a new GT3 with shared critical elements such as similar or identical 6MT and steering would go a long way. Like many (most) on this forum I'm not a collector. I'm interested in driving and could give a **** about special green gauges, magnesium hoods, etc. If Porsche can deliver a similar driving experience with the new GT3 it will be a complete success!
Old 11-07-2016 | 06:40 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Mr. Adair I agree with you but a new GT3 with shared critical elements such as similar or identical 6MT and steering would go a long way. Like many (most) on this forum I'm not a collector. I'm interested in driving and could give a **** about special green gauges, magnesium hoods, etc. If Porsche can deliver a similar driving experience with the new GT3 it will be a complete success!
Now this I can agree on! There is no question the .2 manual will be a cracking car. Everything everybody wanted and more! For me, the GT3 was always the stepping stone to an RS. The accumulation of a 15 year dream. And like you I hope to drive crap out of it. I have spent too much time saving and not enough time driving. Good Luck!
Old 11-07-2016 | 06:55 PM
Humberto Roca
Advanced

If money is not an issue I would still think about getting a 500k 911r, while the gt3rs is still way over sticker anywhere in the world I could easily take an underated GT3 for a fraction of the price and still be very happy with the way it drives (not to mention that current gt3 is still faster than a 911r) but its just my opinion, new gt3 will be faster , 911r will still be a 911r no matter what and a gt3rs will still be the pinnacle of the 911 (until the gt2rs) they will each have their own characteristics and none will replace the other.

So for each their own.
Old 11-07-2016 | 07:39 PM
Brosef
Racer

Originally Posted by Humberto Roca
If money is not an issue I would still think about getting a 500k 911r, while the gt3rs is still way over sticker anywhere in the world I could easily take an underated GT3 for a fraction of the price and still be very happy with the way it drives (not to mention that current gt3 is still faster than a 911r) but its just my opinion, new gt3 will be faster , 911r will still be a 911r no matter what and a gt3rs will still be the pinnacle of the 911 (until the gt2rs) they will each have their own characteristics and none will replace the other.

So for each their own.
bingo. and therein lies the reason why it doesn't matter if the GT3 has the same motor or goes faster than the 911R or GT3RS for that matter.
Old 11-07-2016 | 09:56 PM
Joemat
Instructor

Whether we like it or not, the release of the .2 will drive the values of the .1's down quickly given the engine issues. its just how it goes. Something to anticipate if your looking to trade up.
Old 11-07-2016 | 11:23 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by bronson7
Maybe a book or 2 are already published
Old 11-08-2016 | 01:51 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by bronson7
i would but can't type
Old 11-08-2016 | 08:09 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Just dictate and have some write it .....we would buy(:
Old 11-08-2016 | 10:27 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mooty
i would but can't type
I can see it now, top 10 seller ever. Book title, "Everything you wanted to know about a GT Porsche but were afraid to ask".

Quick Reply: More pictures of 991.2 GT3