Sponsored by:

BMW M4 GTS pictures

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2016 | 09:41 AM
DK7
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jo_ker
the GTS is good. no question.
but nah in comparison to 991GT3, 458, 488, MP412C, AMG GT, R8,...

hard for a brand which was so good in the past. take for example an E30 325i - damn - this was a sporty series production car back in the days.
what i feel sorry about most is that BMW in general is losing their face.
but ... they do have since years a steady increase in turnover without one monthly drop ... and thats the pity "for us".
Do you driven the M2 too?
Old 11-20-2016 | 08:03 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DK7
Do you driven the M2 too?
until now not.

but just 3kg lighter and around 60hp less than the regular M4 limits any wonders. wheelbase to-ing and fro-ing...
still: chassis wise the M2 could be more fun than the regular M4.
overall (lack of power) not i guess.
Old 11-20-2016 | 10:28 AM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

If anyone wants an M4 GTS my local dealer has one sitting at MSRP. There are over 20 around the country asking MSRP.

I sat in it, I actually thought the build quality was nice. The interior is good too. Not sure why someone is calling it cheap. I actually thought it looked better than the standard BMW interior in an M4.

It's a nice car but at 134k I rather have a GT3.
Old 11-21-2016 | 02:09 PM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Saw one in person this weekend. The wing was poorly done. Looks like an after thought. Very generic. Also I'm not a fan of the wheels. The orange inside the spokes just didn't work for me. Now it did sound great and interior looked pretty good. Dig the cage. I would like to see a M2 version as I feel the M4 is too big.

Last edited by meaker; 11-22-2016 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-21-2016 | 02:33 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by meaker
Saw one in person this weekend. The wing was poorly done. Looks like an after thought. Very generic. Also I'm not a fan of the wheels. The orange inside the spokes just didn't work got me. Now it did sound great and interior looked pretty good. Dig the cage. I would like to see a M2 version as I feel the M4 is too big.
Aesthetically, the car is a major disappointment to me. As you said, the wheels and wing stand out the most (negatively). Looks like an M4 with some bolt-ons.
Old 11-23-2016 | 12:07 AM
oc997
Racer

Being an owner of both 991 RS and the M4 GTS I can tell you this car is one of the few production cars that drive and feel like the RS.

The car feels raw and steering and handling makes the car behave more like a Porsche than a BMW.

This car is a completely different animal from the standard M4 and is a phenomenonal car besides the ugly wheels and wing which I agree looks it was bought from eBay.

Once you drive this car it will completely change your mind.
Old 11-23-2016 | 04:17 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Originally Posted by oc997
Being an owner of both 991 RS and the M4 GTS I can tell you this car is one of the few production cars that drive and feel like the RS.

The car feels raw and steering and handling makes the car behave more like a Porsche than a BMW.

This car is a completely different animal from the standard M4 and is a phenomenonal car besides the ugly wheels and wing which I agree looks it was bought from eBay.

Once you drive this car it will completely change your mind.
Thanks for sharing!

Old 11-23-2016 | 03:50 PM
oc997
Racer

Originally Posted by Kobalt
Thanks for sharing!

I have NOT been a fan of bmw M since the E46 M3 and I can tell you the M2 and M4 GTS are 2 cars that bring the fond memories of why I fell in love with M cars.
Old 11-24-2016 | 01:19 PM
squid42
Burning Brakes

FWIW the carbon fiber roof is standard on all M4 coupes if you delete the sunroof. A nice move on BMW's part.

I applaud the car for bringing forward a major manufacturer's car with full warranty that has some power-enhancing *new* attributes (water injection) and a roll bar. Wish it had an adjustable wing.

Those wheels that they put on the GTS and offer on the new M3/M4 competition package are terrible.
Old 11-24-2016 | 01:25 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Rollbar is DOT approved.

And as for the looks, I got an up close look at the M4 GTS at last year's LA Auto Show and came away less than impressed. In fact, came away feeling it looked like something out of the early Fast & Furious movies -- like a poser JDM kit car.
I gotta say... I agree with ipse dixit. I'm not a fan.

Though, I do hear great things about how it performs.

Old 11-24-2016 | 01:32 PM
oc997
Racer

Originally Posted by squid42
FWIW the carbon fiber roof is standard on all M4 coupes if you delete the sunroof. A nice move on BMW's part.

I applaud the car for bringing forward a major manufacturer's car with full warranty that has some power-enhancing *new* attributes (water injection) and a roll bar. Wish it had an adjustable wing.

Those wheels that they put on the GTS and offer on the new M3/M4 competition package are terrible.
The GTS wing is adjustable up to 3 angles
Old 11-24-2016 | 04:28 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jem7v
If anyone wants an M4 GTS my local dealer has one sitting at MSRP. There are over 20 around the country asking MSRP.

I sat in it, I actually thought the build quality was nice. The interior is good too. Not sure why someone is calling it cheap. I actually thought it looked better than the standard BMW interior in an M4.

It's a nice car but at 134k I rather have a GT3.
Can you pm me how you know this? As far as I can tell there are none at Msrp for dealer allocations. Vouchers awarded to individuals are msrp and automatically show up in inventory search just like any porsche that has been presold/allocated to someone before it lands. Every one I have inquired on is going for 25-100 over.

I hope your point is not just negative sentiment towards a car you don't like or can't justify buying.
Old 11-25-2016 | 11:02 AM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
Can you pm me how you know this? As far as I can tell there are none at Msrp for dealer allocations. Vouchers awarded to individuals are msrp and automatically show up in inventory search just like any porsche that has been presold/allocated to someone before it lands. Every one I have inquired on is going for 25-100 over.

I hope your point is not just negative sentiment towards a car you don't like or can't justify buying.
I also have trouble digesting jem7v's claim. I PM'd him and he was kind enough to get back to me with the dealer right away, but I contacted them and they are firm at 30K over sticker. I'd also be very interested in finding out where the other 20+ M4 GTS's available at sticker are.

Last edited by FORENN; 11-25-2016 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-25-2016 | 05:31 PM
oc997
Racer

Originally Posted by sportscentury
I also have trouble digesting jem7v's claim. I PM'd him and he was kind enough to get back to me with the dealer right away, but I contacted them and they are firm at 30K over sticker. I'd also be very interested in finding out where the other 20+ M4 GTS's available at sticker are.
That is because they don't exist!

All remaining GTS are selling over MSRP and BMW is pretty much done with production with only 2 more builds left before end of year for NA.
Old 11-26-2016 | 10:10 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Went to see this this one (sold) at my local dealer. I'm a big BMW fan (currently own two) but as others have said, this car is aesthetically a mess. I love what it is and applaud BMW for building it and at the end of the day, the driving dynamics are more important than looks (although we generally want both).

Quick Reply: BMW M4 GTS pictures