Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 09:04 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Money2536
Got home a few hours ago! So amazing!

This Drive is Going to Cost Me $150,000 - YouTube
Cool video man. Great meeting you and Adam!
Old 10-04-2016, 10:54 AM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 110 Posts

Thanks to everyone that has posted pictures and videos
Looks like everyone had a great time by the smiles on everyone's faces. What more can you ask for, great people with great cars on great roads!

Thanks again to everyone for posting pics and videos
Old 10-04-2016, 10:58 AM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 95 Posts

Sick video Matt!
Old 10-04-2016, 12:21 PM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilT3 (PT3)
Check out the www.gt3revs.com for all the details. Space is limited so jump on it!

thanks! registering right now.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:43 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Yoskin
thanks! registering right now.
We got your info Nick. Thank you! Mayur (haku)or I will reach out to you to chat in the next few days. For various reasons based on past events, we are vetting all new potential attendees.

The Spring event remains an invitation only event due to limited space. Priority goes to previous attendees. We will then go in order of registration on gt3revs.com. So please register your interest there if you would like to attend in the spring.

The event dates are 4/20-4/23

We will be sending out the first round of approximately 50 invites in the next 2 weeks or so. And then rolling out ore as space is available. We are expecting to have room for 85-100 cars. We are working on that now.

I'll probably post a separate thread with this info as well so we can harvest all interested parties as soon as we can.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:58 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Matt

I think those were my friends when you pulled over at the end. Pretty sure- not many 911 GTS and TT's running together. I cannot believe I missed all the action in ATL with petit le mans and this drive. FAIL! on my part. I didn't realize the smokey fall run was this wkd either.

sgroer

Do you not do smokey threads on RL like before? I registered last time I believe - or inquired here on RL. I'll get over to your page and see if I have any questions.

Glad it was a great weekend.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:36 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Decided to take the GT3 back to work after being inspired watching the video.

It was just a RL member/friend saying "Hi"... my blood pressure is still racing.

"Man that is so freaking sweet." You can see him in the video at 15:37 in his 991 silver GTS- other friend chasing in the Audi TT.

Cheers y'all - thought it would be a fun share of today.
Attached Images  
Old 10-04-2016, 03:39 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by German_Saint

It was just a RL member/friend saying "Hi"... my blood pressure is still racing.

"Man that is so freaking sweet." You can see him in the video at 15:37 in his 991 silver GTS- other friend chasing in the Audi TT.

Happened to me on the way up to the smokies event... my Max360 radar was broke and not alerting. Too bad he didn't use laser!
Make sure you get an attorney. Just did and they've already got it moved to a "City Ordinance Violation". Same fine and $300 for the local attorney, but way cheaper in the long run!
Old 10-04-2016, 03:51 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tonymission
Happened to me on the way up to the smokies event... my Max360 radar was broke and not alerting. Too bad he didn't use laser!
Make sure you get an attorney. Just did and they've already got it moved to a "City Ordinance Violation". Same fine and $300 for the local attorney, but way cheaper in the long run!
I normally just try to hire an attorney in the local community that is most likely friends with the judge.

This case- no ticket. RL member po-po.. I hadn't seen his work vehicle so I did think.. wtf.. I hadn't even had the chance to break the law.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:59 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
That convoy must have sounded incredible in passing
It was quite an experience! When are you joining us?
Old 10-04-2016, 04:13 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

I normally just try to hire an attorney in the local community that is most likely friends with the judge.

This case- no ticket. RL member po-po.. I hadn't seen his work vehicle so I did think.. wtf.. I hadn't even had the chance to break the law.
Oh, I misunderstood that obviously. Phew

And yeah, that's what I did -- called around until I got someone laughing about his "friendship" with the judge. "Normally Im not supposed to guarantee a result, but I can guarantee this result."
Old 10-04-2016, 04:16 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 282 Posts

We talked to that guy with the TT-RS and the 991 GTS at the south end of the Dragon in Deals Gap. Cool Guys!

There is RL thread going up soon on the Spring event. The fall event was a bit under the radar as we really can't plan two major events a year. This was a low key get together mostly with people from the first smokies event.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:22 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by sgroer
We talked to that guy with the TT-RS and the 991 GTS at the south end of the Dragon in Deals Gap. Cool Guys!

There is RL thread going up soon on the Spring event. The fall event was a bit under the radar as we really can't plan two major events a year. This was a low key get together mostly with people from the first smokies event.
Yeah they are my buddies. I met them when I had my R8 V10 Spyder and moved back to Louisiana last year. 991GTS is Jbgill6535 here on RL & was in a BMW at the time and is now full blown Porsche!!! He'll be in the GT3 family soon enough I suspect.

No worries- I'd love to register on the website and get out to an event. Looks exactly like what I want to do with my car... use it.. not look at it in a parking lot waiting for a Mustang to take us all out.

Last edited by German_Saint; 10-05-2016 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:53 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

We met those guys at the snowbird lodge. The GTS was showing it to his buddy in the TT. When he saw all of us he said " I was wondering where you guys were hiding" LOL
Old 10-04-2016, 05:03 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,580 Likes on 1,603 Posts

http://xtremesportsphotography.photo...4&g=0QAK02I90G

The photogs at 129 Photo must have been like WHAT THE F*&K IS GOING ON ?!?!?!?!?!

Quick Reply: Smokies Fall 2016 - pics