Sponsored by:

Cracked brake line on a low mileage 2015 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 10:08 AM
Norwegian 911
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked brake line on a low mileage 2015 GT3

My Porsche dealer replaced the front caliper and therefore also the brake fluid (warranty because of cracked pistons in the caliper). When I picked up the car later that day, immediately at my very first brake test, the brake pedal went all the way to the floor! (Luckily no accident happened.) The inside of the front wheel was all wet of brake fluid, also the front fender, the door, the rear fender etc. was sprayed of brake fluid Porsche claims that it is a small crack in the brake line that occurred hastily They say that the crack in the brake line (the rubber brake line with a spiral around it) is too small to be seen by eye...
What do you guys say about it, has anyone had this problem?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-22-2016, 10:14 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Brake line likely stressed, stretched or twisted when the calliper was replaced. Probably should have been picked up in the test drive post repair. Hopefully they sort it out for you quickly...
Old 09-22-2016, 08:33 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Check the surrounding paint carefully, in case any brake fluid came in contact with it as it can corrode it, and if so, Porsche should pay for that repair. Hopefully all caught by the plastic liner.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:07 AM
Norwegian 911
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you very much for the answers! If I don't see any corrosion now, is there still a possibility that there will be corrosion later... in a few weeks, months etc.? Could the paint be weak/damaged now, but I don't see that yet??

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:21 AM
the-missile
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Norwegian 911
Thank you very much for the answers! If I don't see any corrosion now, is there still a possibility that there will be corrosion later... in a few weeks, months etc.? Could the paint be weak/damaged now, but I don't see that yet??

Thanks in advance.

Yes corrosion appears after some times and it is not directly noticeable but fluid has to stay for sometimes on it to have an effect.

Quick Reply: Cracked brake line on a low mileage 2015 GT3