Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mobile Detailer - SF Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 05:47 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Bumping this thread, as I have a new car coming and I'm thinking of trying a new detailer to do paint correction and coating. Can anyone recommend a good detailer, mobile or otherwise, in the South Bay/Mid-Peninsula area that works with OptiCoat, CQuartz and/or Modesta coatings?
Old 08-22-2017, 02:15 AM
Lazyflatfoot
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try Automobili Country Club out of Burlingame, CA. Berto, the owner, frequently works on cars being shown for the various concourse in the area and high end car collections.
Old 08-22-2017, 02:41 AM
Sloopy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Bumping this thread, as I have a new car coming and I'm thinking of trying a new detailer to do paint correction and coating. Can anyone recommend a good detailer, mobile or otherwise, in the South Bay/Mid-Peninsula area that works with OptiCoat, CQuartz and/or Modesta coatings?
I had my GT3 done in January 2015 by Jeff at Immaculate Reflections in Brent wood. He did full paint correction followed by a coating. It still looks like the day I picked it up.

I had been doing this myself for years using all the tools and always following by the finest waxes. His work put my own to shame and the new coatings stays cleaner longer and just a lite wash returns them to new. Had him do my RR without correction and it also looks great just not the flawless finish as my GT3. 925 354 7643.

25K on my GT3 now so it gets used.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:25 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

I've spoken with Jeff at IR before, but he's just too far from me and I've never been able to coordinate his calendar to get him to come to me. I've seen his work and it's top notch for sure.

I'm actually happy with the work my guy has done, he's just become a bit of a pain in the *** and I think he's gotten kinda pricey for what I'm getting. I've got messages in at a couple of places.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:24 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,687 Likes on 2,336 Posts

many ppl ask for detailers. but it really depends on what level of work you are looking to do then you find the right detailers.

what's your budget and how long you envision the work take,
some paint correction takes one day (cannot be done) i was a pro detailer decades ago.
some paint correction would take weeks if not months.

once u decide the level of work you want, then you seek the detailer who is good at that particular level.

there are very very few good detailers around.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:53 AM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty

So true!
Old 08-23-2017, 04:57 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by mooty
many ppl ask for detailers. but it really depends on what level of work you are looking to do then you find the right detailers.

what's your budget and how long you envision the work take,
some paint correction takes one day (cannot be done) i was a pro detailer decades ago.
some paint correction would take weeks if not months.

once u decide the level of work you want, then you seek the detailer who is good at that particular level.

I have them do what needs to be done, which for all but one of my cars was simple prep/minor correction and then application of the OptiCoat. Only one of my cars, a leftover that sat on a TX dealer's lot for a year, required more serious paint correction. Cost has run from $1,000 on the low end to $2,200 on the high end, though the low end is not relevant anymore since OptiCoat raised their prices. I understand the Pro Plus is a minimum of about $1,100-$1,200, even before paint correction. This car has been stored since it was driven off the lot, so I expect the paint to be decent and only require minor correction and prep.

I've actually been very happy with the work my guys have done. It's the interpersonal side that needs work on their part.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:22 PM
leanofpeak
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My office is in Mountain View. Keep all my cars/trucks here.

Braulio is my go to guy for clay/polish/wash n' wax. Trained at one of the fancy places, now he is on his own.

Does quality work. Super nice guy, salt of the earth.

Braulio: 408 230 8037

He doesn't do ppf, tint or ceramic coatings. For that I am considering taking my car to David at Premier Protective Films in Fremont.

GTS is at port in Oxnard I think...
Old 08-23-2017, 06:35 PM
Sloopy
Pro

I had mine a week when I took it in. After a good wash it showed multiple sanding marks which turns out to be fairly standard for Porsche. Mine took 2 to 3 step correction and was 90 sum % when delivered. C Quarts finest was added at that time and all I have done since is a wash every few week. To do this I usually just use a pressure washer and foam canon, and dry with a blower. Follow with just a towel to get a few spots and the door jams and under the frunk.

Looks like the day I had it done 24K miles latter.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:38 PM
Sloopy
Pro

Originally Posted by leanofpeak
My office is in Mountain View. Keep all my cars/trucks here.

Braulio is my go to guy for clay/polish/wash n' wax. Trained at one of the fancy places, now he is on his own.

Does quality work. Super nice guy, salt of the earth.

Braulio: 408 230 8037

He doesn't do ppf, tint or ceramic coatings. For that I am considering taking my car to David at Premier Protective Films in Fremont.

GTS is at port in Oxnard I think...
Ill vouch for David at Premier. They have done 4 of my cars now.
The following users liked this post:
Caltech1900 (07-24-2023)

Quick Reply: Mobile Detailer - SF Bay Area