Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So Whats the Big Deal With These "Nano Coatings"??

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 11:46 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

I did OptiCoat Pro Plus on two of my cars and I love it. Shine is improved a bit, but the real benefit is in how the car repels dirt and how easy it is to clean the car. Worth every freakin' penny in my book.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:53 PM
Total911_GT3RS
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had Modesta put on my 997.2 GT3 RS and it looks incredible. I had my original clear bra replaced and a new one installed with Modesta applied over the clear bra and entire car. I am very happy with how it turned out. It has a glass look to it. Just stunning! It looks brand-new and better than when I took delivery of it at the dealer in 2011. A couple of photos attached.
Attached Images   
Old 08-03-2016, 11:54 PM
Karl911
Burning Brakes

Received 424 Likes on 181 Posts

I have used the Nano coating in the past. Great product if you do not track your car or for a garage queen!
I track my car twice a month. Have Xpel on full front. But nothing will keep the car looking great. I just except the track scared look. After 45 track days and 43k mi. in 2 years, a front paint job and 2 expel front jobs, I now go thru regular car washes and let them do an express wax😱
Old 01-23-2017, 08:52 PM
TimAD
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Karl911
I have used the Nano coating in the past. Great product if you do not track your car or for a garage queen!
I track my car twice a month. Have Xpel on full front. But nothing will keep the car looking great. I just except the track scared look. After 45 track days and 43k mi. in 2 years, a front paint job and 2 expel front jobs, I now go thru regular car washes and let them do an express wax😱
The value you see really depends on its use. Regular track use is going to be on the more severe end of the spectrum in terms of abuse your vehicles finish will see. Without compromising looks entirely the technologies available in the form of protective coatings and films definitely dramatically reduce the impact you will see. That being said, coatings definitely aren't for everyone, my clients have seen a large reduction in the amount of rubber and tar deposits on their track cars with the use of our nano coatings. This makes their track clean up easier and less time consuming. If you don't plan to maintain the car yourself, there prob isn't much benefit or as visible return on investment. All just depends what your looking to get out of it
Old 01-23-2017, 09:06 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TimAD
The value you see really depends on its use. Regular track use is going to be on the more severe end of the spectrum in terms of abuse your vehicles finish will see. Without compromising looks entirely the technologies available in the form of protective coatings and films definitely dramatically reduce the impact you will see. That being said, coatings definitely aren't for everyone, my clients have seen a large reduction in the amount of rubber and tar deposits on their track cars with the use of our nano coatings. This makes their track clean up easier and less time consuming. If you don't plan to maintain the car yourself, there prob isn't much benefit or as visible return on investment. All just depends what your looking to get out of it

I have C Quartz Finest on my car with no film. If I wanted to put a film on, possibly Xpel Stealth, what would need to be done?
Old 01-23-2017, 09:12 PM
TimAD
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bronson7
I have C Quartz Finest on my car with no film. If I wanted to put a film on, possibly Xpel Stealth, what would need to be done?
What we would do to prep the vehicle is perform a full vehicle decontamination and light polish to remove the coating and any contaminants that maybe on the surface. With paint protection film, the goal is to install this on a bare paint surface. This means that any contaminants, or protective coatings could interfere with the final result, or the bonding of the pressure sensitive adhesive to the vehicles finish.

We would then coat the film after it has been applied, this protects the film by helping to "seal" the films porous nature, as well as provide you with all the performance benefits coatings offer.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:17 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TimAD
What we would do to prep the vehicle is perform a full vehicle decontamination and light polish to remove the coating and any contaminants that maybe on the surface. With paint protection film, the goal is to install this on a bare paint surface. This means that any contaminants, or protective coatings could interfere with the final result, or the bonding of the pressure sensitive adhesive to the vehicles finish.

We would then coat the film after it has been applied, this protects the film by helping to "seal" the films porous nature, as well as provide you with all the performance benefits coatings offer.
Thank you for the explanation.

Quick Reply: So Whats the Big Deal With These "Nano Coatings"??