Extended Warranty in Europe

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 10:08 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Extended Warranty in Europe

A question to my EU colleagues...

I am going to extent the warranty next year. I have heard that it is not going to be factory warranty but some outsourced insurance company program.
It is not going to cover track use neither nor other stuff that is not safety nor drivability related. For example engine and transmission is going to be covered but let's say delaminating headlights not. Same thing for any wearable stuff like upholstery, seats, etc.

Does anyone have confirmed information what that warranty is going to be? I am going to extend it in Germany. 1250EUR/ year plus hundred points something check-up for 400EUR. A bit expensive but in the given circumstances I think it's a must :/
Old 07-24-2016, 01:42 PM
Nodrip
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well if you extend the warranty at a Porsche dealer, it will cover everything like the initial one.
Porsche is probably the only brand doing that : valid on track, and extendable to 10 years!
Old 07-24-2016, 11:30 PM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, the thing is as I wrote before that warranty extension is not factory warranty any longer even if you sign the deal at the dealership. I also heard that it is even Porsche Finance that is standing behind it but again it is not the same factory warranty. At least in EU. I am looking for someone who could confirm it.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty in Europe