Thats crazy talk

And no PCCB's either
That makes them worth more to me.
Old 07-21-2016, 03:52 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,027 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Originally Posted by Larryf
Gotta love how these threads start up: Nizer posts about two Voodoo PTS's for sale with zero commentary about the ads/pricing. And then of course the thread receives the obligatory comment from our favorite "that RS price is crazy" consumer advocate: Martin. And the price thread cycle repeats itself.

If the sellers were really concerned about turning the cars quick, they'd sharpen the price but that doesn't seem to be the case so far.
And since I'm one of those nutters that had to pay over MSRP for my RS, I can comment on RS pricing without being called a whining dreamer.
Old 07-21-2016, 03:53 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,242 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by consolidated
I like this one for a few more bucks. CJ's got a damn fine lot.
Pending Sale...and, Thank you!

I'm just trying to personally touch the most cool cars that I can. I think in the roughly 60 days since we've actually been in business I have personally sold/sourced the highest amount of GT cars in the country.

sold: 2GT4, 2 997 4.0, 2 991PTS RS, 3 991RS "normal" colors, and we still have a few on deck including some CGT... those are just my deals. our sales team has been doing really well also...but this is starting to be a thread hijack.

to be fair mooty actually helped me find one car (4.0RS), and convinced me to buy the "UV RS in need of a good home" from the thread here. my wife loves her car.

after we sell a few cars at Monterey for Car Week...we will have even nicer stuff- If you guys need anything, we can swing for it.

RE: pricing strategy- my PTS keeper is a Riviera w/decals and Black Wheels. So, I'll ask for what everyone else is asking for but actually listen to offers. That is really the key.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:24 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,690 Likes on 2,338 Posts

^ hahaha. well i also bought another GT4 from ya. transport leaves my place sunday morning to AZ. most truckers are booked. i can't wait. so i am driving empty trailer over to get it myself.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:15 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JQ11
Yea pretty sick 918 - being an RS voodoo owner I'm sure you approve of the asking price on the RS huh?
Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
sold.
Yes, I do approve. But will admit it gives me pause to pile fluff miles on this car like business road trips.

Nice CJ, you know your audience and market to have moved so much metal so quickly, connecting people with the cars. So PTS premium for some colors is $100-120k in this case.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:35 PM
duc916sps
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

^ C.J.
Stopped in last weekend to check out the dealer...very nice collection (especially your Riviera keeper!).
Old 07-21-2016, 02:35 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

I'm just trying to personally touch the most cool cars that I can. I think in the roughly 60 days since we've actually been in business I have personally sold/sourced the highest amount of GT cars in the country.

sold: 2GT4, 2 997 4.0, 2 991PTS RS, 3 991RS "normal" colors, and we still have a few on deck including some CGT... those are just my deals. our sales team has been doing really well also...but this is starting to be a thread hijack.

to be fair mooty actually helped me find one car (4.0RS), and convinced me to buy the "UV RS in need of a good home" from the thread here. my wife loves her car.

after we sell a few cars at Monterey for Car Week...we will have even nicer stuff- If you guys need anything, we can swing for it.

RE: pricing strategy- my PTS keeper is a Riviera w/decals and Black Wheels. So, I'll ask for what everyone else is asking for but actually listen to offers. That is really the key.
good on you for being a player in this PTS/Porsche/GT upcharge game instead of getting played. When you can sell a 918 at more the double it's price, why even bother selling anything where profits can be measured in 4 or 5 figures. that's a tidy $1M+/transaction.. I would just become a PTS 918 dealer. Your sales guys must love those commissions.
Old 07-21-2016, 02:40 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

PTS makes sense if you can figure it in your build at $4000 up charge.

PTS makes 0 sense to me at $120K upcharge.

LO, UV, White and GT Silver just as nice.

I did LOVE that yellow green in France though. Wow. thats a color!!!!

http://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlist...3bc49910e6.jpg
Old 07-21-2016, 03:26 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

That Voodoo GT4 is awesome!!
Wonder what a Sapphire Blue one would be worth towards a 650S coupe.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:06 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,242 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
That Voodoo GT4 is awesome!! Wonder what a Sapphire Blue one would be worth towards a 650S coupe.
PM me let's work a deal
Old 07-21-2016, 09:42 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

not surprised that the signal green 918 sold so quickly, it is of course the PTS color worth the MOST premium...ahem....

Attached Images  
Old 07-21-2016, 10:17 PM
JQ11
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
not surprised that the signal green 918 sold so quickly, it is of course the PTS color worth the MOST premium...ahem....

That 918 is viper green actually - which means your signal green RS is worthless but I'll take it off your hands at MSRP
Old 07-22-2016, 09:08 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JQ11
That 918 is viper green actually - which means your signal green RS is worthless but I'll take it off your hands at MSRP
Dang it!
Old 07-22-2016, 10:47 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,690 Likes on 2,338 Posts

Originally Posted by duc916sps
^ C.J.
Stopped in last weekend to check out the dealer...very nice collection (especially your Riviera keeper!).
it's not a keeper
CJ offered to me but my chk bounced
u should get it. saw in person. it's nice
not many man marry smurfette
I pre congratulate u sir

Originally Posted by Waxer
PTS makes sense if you can figure it in your build at $4000 up charge.

PTS makes 0 sense to me at $120K upcharge.

LO, UV, White and GT Silver just as nice.

I did LOVE that yellow green in France though. Wow. thats a color!!!!

http://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlist...3bc49910e6.jpg
don't let hem fool u
ur PTS lava orange is money
much like
my PTS *** white and my friend's PTS eggplant
if black is PTS .....
what's isn't

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
That Voodoo GT4 is awesome!!
Wonder what a Sapphire Blue one would be worth towards a 650S coupe.
voodoo gt4 ?
u were drunk
CJ has no voodoo gt4
but many Mac
addictive cars. he picked me up from Scottsdale airport. nice interior. but I was dumped
by English gf in college so i know better now.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:15 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 437 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
it's not a keeper
CJ offered to me but my chk bounced
u should get it. saw in person. it's nice
not many man marry smurfette
I pre congratulate u sir

don't let hem fool u
ur PTS lava orange is money
much like
my PTS *** white and my friend's PTS eggplant
if black is PTS .....
what's isn't

voodoo gt4?
u were drunk
CJ has no voodoo gt4
but many Mac
addictive cars. he picked me up from Scottsdale airport. nice interior. but I was dumped
by English gf in college so i know better now.
Voodoo GT4 remember me this great post
The Schlock of the New and some good baristas

"991.2 vs 996.1
Let me start with the conclusion. The new 911 is filled with more do-dads that do nothing (but cost money) in terms of the classic Porsche driving experience. All this I gleemed at the local Porsche Dealer dog and pony show last night.

The New 911 Pros: The hot baristas in the very tight and very short little black dresses and high high heals were worth the trip. I could hear my prostate grumbling back to life. And the car was a pretty color. Also the New Porsche 911 rear end has more signage than the King James Bible, all to make sure that you don't forget you are driving Porsche 911 Carrera 4S.

The New 911 Cons: Where to begin...the first thing I noticed as I slid into the seat was that there was a cute little button to make your exhaust sounded sexier. And there was another cute buttom to raise the front of the car an inch or so incase your driveway was too steep.

There was also a video screen that you had better try to navigate before you are driving, otherwise you will surely crash trying to find you favorite radio station amongst the stock reports and tire monitors and maps and all the other distractions.

The sport chrono functions have been multiplied so that it can't be done with just a single button, you must now turn a little wheel on your steering wheel...of course you have to consider taking one hand off the wheel and maybe one eye off the road to see if you are chosing Normal mode, Sport mode, Dead Movie Star mode, or a fourth mode that you get to program yourself...perhaps Apple mode.

(I remember how simple it was in the RS America...I just decided how fast I wanted to drive.)

To learn more about the car I had to watch the videos that surrounded the room. Yes...the car looks like it can go fast. How much faster and where I will leave for each to judge on their own. But based on the smiling couple in the video, the New 911 is not only very very fast, you don't even have to look at the road...you just smile at each other and let Porsche do the rest.

However remember that you still have to unswitch the instant on and off feature of your new Obama-engine...yes goodbye Mezger engines, hello Obama-green. And yes the New 911 is about the size of the New Camaro. And yes the seats are 18-way adjustable even though your body is not.

And the New 911 has auto-activated air vents at the front of the car that opened and closed to improve...something. Plus rear wheel steering so you can avoid trees in the middle of the road and also get in and out of tight parking spaces.

There was no mention of what happens if your 19 or 20 inch tires gets punctured...the video didn't show the smiling couple waiting for 3 hours until a triple A flatbed could get to them. Nor did it show them figuring out how to squeeze the bottle of goop into the tire and then reinflate the tire with the little air pump.

In the end I had to wonder about how much battery juice all these do-dads were eating up each night in the garage. And I wondered what the replacement costs were for all the new parts that made the back wheels turn this way and that...and what happens if it breaks while your rear wheels are turned to the left or right...or if the sport exhaust button gets stuck in the sexy mode and your wife starts wondering if you're flirting with some girl at the office...or if the switch that raised up the front of the car gets stuck in the up position so that your Porsche looks like a leaping low rider...and then it was time to leave and drive home in my 16 year old 996.

All I had to do was get in and drive. All it said on the back was Carrera.
Plus...I could just keep the 996 and drive it until the end of time and still have money left for one night with a barista in a short tight black dress.

I remember a tv show call The Shock of the New. I left the dealership last night thinking of The Schlock of the New..."

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...s-996-1-a.html

Last edited by fxz; 07-22-2016 at 12:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Two Voodoo Blue For Sale