Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smokies GT3 event, an auction to support the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and a GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 01:38 AM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts
Thumbs up Smokies GT3 event, an auction to support the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and a GT3RS

First of all, big thank you to Mayur and Sean for putting this event together and another formal thank you for asking me to support the event. I am greatly pleased to see how generous everyone was at event for donating to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

If you do not know about Cystic Fibrosis, please take the time to read up on it and the work that the CFF does. This is a disease that afflicts mainly children and greatly shortens their lifespan and the quality of life they have. It truly is an organization worth supporting. Read more about the CFF here: https://www.cff.org/

This is quite the story and I know many attendees have their own stories about this experience. Most of you saw my staff and I playing car-wash for the 2.5 days but a lot more went into our experience than just washing cars. Quite frankly, we washed cars for 2.5 days because we know what it means to hand your keys to someone and hope they don't wreck your paint with a "simple" car wash. We typically only wash cars in preparation for services like the one done on the featured GT3RS. But, in this case, the purpose justified us humbling ourselves into car washers for a few days.

To everyone I got to meet. Thank you for allowing my staff and I to enjoy the evenings with you and I absolutely remember all the ones who took care of my beverages!

If you have 5-10 minutes to read my personal experience and see what an epic Porsche GT3RS protection and enhancement project looks like, it is available here: http://detaileddesignsautospa.com/sm...n-and-a-gt3rs/

Old 07-19-2016, 10:01 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 283 Posts

I've said it already but I'll say it again... An event that changed my life. Hundreds of hours of planning by Haku went in to it and every minute was worthwhile when saw our sponsors step it up the way they did. Everyone (well, almost everyone lol) had an amazing time and I can't wait to do it again! Planning for smokies spring 2017 is already ramping up!

Sean
Old 07-19-2016, 10:14 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

^ Sean is being generous. He was Commander-in-Chief and none of this would have been possible without him! There are so many others that contributed hugely to making the event that it was. The main thing is that it raised awareness and funds for a super worthwhile cause!

Jean-Claude and his crew of incredibly hardworking guys were outstanding! Moreover, they remained cheerful and obliging throughout the event. There were times we had to force them to take a break and get some food! I remain thankful to them for all that they did.

My comments may come across as somewhat of a marketing promo but I saw the results of the work Detailed Designs performed on Sean's car. Stunning, would be an understatement. I saw the car after Sean had driven it for a few days and it was "unwashed"... it looked fabulous! The results of a truly professional job.

Thank you Jean-Claude for your contribution, thank you Sean for your generosity.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:15 PM
odwa
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

Kudos to you Jean-Claude and your staff, truly sensational. Additionally, a heartfelt thank you to Mayur and Sean for your selfless on going efforts to make this event as exceptional as it is!
Old 07-19-2016, 03:07 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sgroer
I've said it already but I'll say it again... An event that changed my life. Hundreds of hours of planning by Haku went in to it and every minute was worthwhile when saw our sponsors step it up the way they did. Everyone (well, almost everyone lol) had an amazing time and I can't wait to do it again! Planning for smokies spring 2017 is already ramping up!

Sean
It was amazing!

Originally Posted by Haku
^ Sean is being generous. He was Commander-in-Chief and none of this would have been possible without him! There are so many others that contributed hugely to making the event that it was. The main thing is that it raised awareness and funds for a super worthwhile cause!

Jean-Claude and his crew of incredibly hardworking guys were outstanding! Moreover, they remained cheerful and obliging throughout the event. There were times we had to force them to take a break and get some food! I remain thankful to them for all that they did.

My comments may come across as somewhat of a marketing promo but I saw the results of the work Detailed Designs performed on Sean's car. Stunning, would be an understatement. I saw the car after Sean had driven it for a few days and it was "unwashed"... it looked fabulous! The results of a truly professional job.

Thank you Jean-Claude for your contribution, thank you Sean for your generosity.
Thanks Mayur. The boys definitely got their hustle on for a few days!

Originally Posted by odwa
Kudos to you Jean-Claude and your staff, truly sensational. Additionally, a heartfelt thank you to Mayur and Sean for your selfless on going efforts to make this event as exceptional as it is!
Thank you!
Old 07-19-2016, 07:56 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's just so pleasant seeing positive things like this go on, it's very refreshing b/c as we all know, there's many not so pleasant happenings, everywhere in this world that we're reminded of daily. Great job to all who were involved.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:06 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Jean-Claude it was awesome to have you guys at the event!!
Old 07-20-2016, 12:51 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,046 Likes on 538 Posts
Default Smokies GT3 event, an auction to support the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and a GT3RS

When you see a line of GT3s and RSs dropped off with the keys that says a lot for the confidence of the owners in Detailed Design's staff. They did outstanding work.
Old 07-20-2016, 02:11 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bronson7
It's just so pleasant seeing positive things like this go on, it's very refreshing b/c as we all know, there's many not so pleasant happenings, everywhere in this world that we're reminded of daily. Great job to all who were involved.
Originally Posted by tasman
Jean-Claude it was awesome to have you guys at the event!!
Originally Posted by Alan C.
When you see a line of GT3s and RSs dropped off with the keys that says a lot for the confidence of the owners in Detailed Design's staff. They did outstanding work.
We had a blast and thanks for having us!
Old 07-21-2016, 03:10 PM
TimAD
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So cool of you guys to do this!

Great seeing shops that give back to their community as well as produce top notch work.
Old 07-27-2016, 12:08 AM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TimAD
So cool of you guys to do this!

Great seeing shops that give back to their community as well as produce top notch work.
Thank you Tim.

Quick Reply: Smokies GT3 event, an auction to support the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and a GT3RS