Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 12:31 PM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Word.

It's not a GT3 unless it has a PDK.
Right. What were they thinking badging a 911 with three pedals 'GT3.' I remember your post about not 'funding' Porsche if they offered the manual option in the 991.2 'GT3'. So I am assuming you won't be buying this new 911 in question.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:45 PM
bobodrink
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA
If the .2 GT3 is 4.0, manual option and 500 hp then not only will R owners be pissed, i think RS owners will be pissed too bec you get a less expensive car with same performance HP

This would mean the only difference between RS and .2 GT3 is the body and aero

Maybe the 3 will have 4.0 and Manual option but maybe the HP will remain at 475 or below 500 with a slight gain above 475

Why **** off R owners and RS owners? Am i the only one who thinks it will have less than 500 hp? Can the new 3 be 3.9 instead is that a possibility?
Originally Posted by NateOZ
Here was the 991.1 GT3 RS tach used in the press cars and the launch marketing video. This was the day of release and yes it reved to 9k in the video. Just don't do anything dumb that you might regret because you convinced yourself the mule was 100% correct on the future...

I am surprised the press car is not even 100% identical to production. This is when they should be seeing and driving the real thing.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:49 PM
kshu1991
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karimgt3
Why test it if the R has the MT and the 4.0 and has already been tested?

3.8L, reworked intake, exhaust system, for 15- 20hp bump, rpm lowered coz of MT.
because the downforce is different, so the suspension needs retune. Engineers would retest it even just change a different size of wheel.

That why we trust factory engineering more than small tune shop.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:54 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

I think having both options is great for enthusiasts. I don't understand all of the bashing on the forum. It is win/win for everyone. If you want more driver involvement, then get a manual. If you want quicker lap times and straight line speed then get a pdk-s. We should have a friendly forum wager for those who think it will have a 4.0 and manual vs 3.8/turbo and no manual. Winner guys opposing team LED side markers for their future gt3's.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:01 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by drdonger
I think having both options is great for enthusiasts. I don't understand all of the bashing on the forum. It is win/win for everyone. If you want more driver involvement, then get a manual. If you want quicker lap times and straight line speed then get a pdk-s. We should have a friendly forum wager for those who think it will have a 4.0 and manual vs 3.8/turbo and no manual. Winner guys opposing team LED side markers for their future gt3's.
I totally agree. I do not understand most of the arguments in this post. If I order a manual GT3, why should it bother anyone that wants theirs in PDK?
Old 07-19-2016, 01:12 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,128 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
I totally agree. I do not understand most of the arguments in this post. If I order a manual GT3, why should it bother anyone that wants theirs in PDK?
I love having a choice too. I think the only reason that someone might bash another's choice is due to their own insecurity about whether they're making the "wrong" choice for themselves or for future retained value reasons.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:41 PM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 95 Posts

I def agree, having choice is good!

If you want a manual GT3 go get the 991.2 as soon as you can because that's the last manual GT 911 (edited, I was forgetting the GT4) Porsche will produce.

Last edited by ElectricChair; 07-19-2016 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:43 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,128 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by ElectricChair
I def agree, having choice is good!

If you want a manual GT3 go get the 991.2 as soon as you can because that's the last manual GT car Porsche will produce.
It might be the last manual NA GT car (but if I had to guess, I'd bet instead on a possible GT3 RS 4.2L special edition or similar), but I don't necessarily think it's the last manual GT car (no reason the next turbocharged GT3 couldn't have a manual, unless there are issues integrating it with possible electric hybrid or something).
Old 07-19-2016, 03:14 PM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GrantG
It might be the last manual NA GT car (but if I had to guess, I'd bet instead on a possible GT3 RS 4.2L special edition or similar), but I don't necessarily think it's the last manual GT car (no reason the next turbocharged GT3 couldn't have a manual, unless there are issues integrating it with possible electric hybrid or something).
I doubt we will see any manual 992 at all. Porsche is starting to focus on their next generation of costumers (aka millennials).
Old 07-19-2016, 05:02 PM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ElectricChair
I doubt we will see any manual 992 at all. Porsche is starting to focus on their next generation of costumers (aka millennials).
Millennials can't necessarily afford these cars. Most aren't even too interested in driving, but they are interested in a healthy work-life balance, i.e. can't afford these cars.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:02 PM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 997s07
Millennials can't necessarily afford these cars. Most aren't even too interested in driving, but they are interested in a healthy work-life balance, i.e. can't afford these cars.
Millennials can't necessarily afford these cars.... not yet.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:18 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree, having a choice is always good. Anyone want to guess how many pages this thread will have up to the unveiling?
Old 07-19-2016, 08:34 PM
Just in time
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by meaker
Am I the only one here who would still get a pdk over manual if they are both offered?
No, that would be two of us. As much as I enjoy my 997S with MT it is difficult not to accept that PDK is a far superior solution.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:36 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 377 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
I agree, having a choice is always good. Anyone want to guess how many pages this thread will have up to the unveiling?
There will be many more threads like this up until the reveal Bronson. There are many many enthusiasts that want a new GT3 with a manual. Some don't even post,but they are looking forward to getting one. I get PMs every once in a while to let me know I'm not the only manual ****. Porsche themselves have recognized more than ever that we are entering an era where faster with more power,gimmicks,automatics are not going to cut it anymore...and they are one of the few car companies left catering to enthusiasts that are not only about speed and lap times. They have managed to gather an impressive number of followers/enthusiasts that no other manufacturer enjoys by creating/developing and improving the most iconic sports car ever made : the 911.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:46 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 517 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
There will be many more threads like this up until the reveal Bronson. There are many many enthusiasts that want a new GT3 with a manual. Some don't even post,but they are looking forward to getting one. I get PMs every once in a while to let me know I'm not the only manual ****. Porsche themselves have recognized more than ever that we are entering an era where faster with more power,gimmicks,automatics are not going to cut it anymore...and they are one of the few car companies left catering to enthusiasts that are not only about speed and lap times. They have managed to gather an impressive number of followers/enthusiasts that no other manufacturer enjoys by creating/developing and improving the most iconic sports car ever made : the 911.
There are other manual-only multiple GT car owners that normally don't post, but would love to get the chance to buy any of the GT3/RS/GT2/RS at any MSRP or within reason immediately. Dear PAG, I hope to get a chance again. I have fed you for 25 years...

Quick Reply: Proof of life (i.e., manual GT3 991.2)