Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Futura Tandem Axle trailer - anyone used it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 08:33 PM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Homeles

Wouldn’t even consider an open trailer. Been using a 20’ enclosed for years without problems. It’s ok if you’re home to track in a day, but if you have to stay in a hotel at night, I don’t want others to see what I’m towing!
You are so right about that. Anyone got one for sale?
By the way, love your truck, I just got a 2018 1500 and like it a lot
Old 02-08-2018, 08:41 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Psup4s
You are so right about that. Anyone got one for sale?
By the way, love your truck, I just got a 2018 1500 and like it a lot
ill send u a pm tomorrow with a few contacts. Just got back from Cartagena a few hours ago. Truck has been great to tow with
Old 02-08-2018, 10:32 PM
skxf430
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Randyc151
Bump. Any more updates on Futura trailers? Do both Featherlight and Trailex require race ramps in addition to the included ramps? My friend's car has a very low front lip (M4 GTS), and he'd like to avoid race ramps for the sake of simplicity and less stuff to wrangle.
I towed several different cars, and all of them required race ramps on an open Featherlite. The deck heights are somewhat tall so you will more than likely need the ramps especially if you have a splitter.

Originally Posted by Psup4s
Sorry to thread jack but can anyone tell me if an opened trailer can provide protection from road debris? I'm affraid of having issues with an opened trailer.
TIA
I never had any real issue with road debris or at least I didn't notice. But, I had a fairly sizable tool box up front which may have deflected a lot the debris.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:20 AM
hughp3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

haku i bought one recently. very nice. the radical is so low that race ramps + some thin helper wood extenders are needed. very nice trailer tho. i like it much better than my big 28 foot inTech.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:30 AM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Homeles

ill send u a pm tomorrow with a few contacts. Just got back from Cartagena a few hours ago. Truck has been great to tow with
Thank you
Old 02-09-2018, 11:48 PM
Ritesh
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was at COTA with my RS and a good ole' Tommy's trailer. There was Futura trailer there. It is truly awesome, well thought out design. No loading/unloading problems. It was tempting.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:17 PM
forhamilton
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I’ve owned a lot of trailers and Trailex has topped the list in quality and resale value. I loved them so much that I became a dealer.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:33 PM
IPSA
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by futuratrailers
Hi, thank you for you interest in our trailers. They will be on show in USA next month if you are at any of these shows, come and visit us: EVENTS

There are safety locks behind each wheel. When raised the trailer wheel assemblies are held in position and it travels like a regular trailer with leaf spring suspension.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

New Zealand national champion, factory 991 GT3 on a tandem Futura Low Loader.
I saw one at DRT recently in Miami and they look interesting. My question is, is there a manual way to operate the bed if the internal winch fails or the battery dies.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:59 PM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Back up. Any more input on Futura trailers? Looking at trailex ct-8045 but interested in Futura as it seems there would be no need for additional ramps. For those who have it, did you wait long get it or was it available at your dealer?
-Thanks
Old 03-19-2018, 07:12 PM
Randyc151
Three Wheelin'

Received 275 Likes on 174 Posts

I saw three at VIR this past weekend. They seem pretty nice to me, and the one owner I talked to highly recommended them, and said the company is small and sometimes hard to communicate with, but they might be opening a dealer on the east coast to help with service and communications. The wait was about 3 months for his. (He had a spectacular 458 Especiale, btw, gorgeous) I think Pat will probably get one!
Old 03-19-2018, 08:04 PM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Randyc151
I saw three at VIR this past weekend. They seem pretty nice to me, and the one owner I talked to highly recommended them, and said the company is small and sometimes hard to communicate with, but they might be opening a dealer on the east coast to help with service and communications. The wait was about 3 months for his. (He had a spectacular 458 Especiale, btw, gorgeous) I think Pat will probably get one!
Three months is wayyyy too long a wait. I might just go pick up a trailex then
Old 03-19-2018, 10:38 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 111 Posts

Looks like the suspension is raised and lowered by cables. What is the maintenance on this trailer? Also you won't be able to open the car door with the trailer in the down position. ( video 2)
Cool trailer.... Just like to take a closer look at that suspension set up.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:59 PM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fskof
Looks like the suspension is raised and lowered by cables. What is the maintenance on this trailer? Also you won't be able to open the car door with the trailer in the down position. ( video 2)
Cool trailer.... Just like to take a closer look at that suspension set up.

https://youtu.be/LYsg059S8A4

https://youtu.be/5hC0ubNvNm4
I guess the use of a winch would be a must in this case
Old 03-31-2018, 12:52 AM
Sbassi55
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just saw Futura Trailers at the New York Auto Show

WaS at the Jacob Javits center today, opening day -for the new York auto show - the tri state northeast dealer was there - MSR Autowerks - they know their **** and this trailer is all business - after seeing this in action, I won’t put my gt3 on anything less than a futura - these are in stock and I’m going to pull the trigger in April / no brainer I looked at Franklin trailers and maxxd and trailex - it is a joke to assume that these are even considered competition / the futura is the Ferrari of trailers And these are civic hatchbacks - just IMO

this is is the only trailer you will ever need - support these guys / all their staff are car guys it’s family owned and these dudes are very informative / they spent over 2 hours with me today explaining all options and features - www.msrautowerks.com they ship from Long Island and are highly responsive / I think any exotic or track vehicle - this is the sole option as far as open trailers

good luck / I’m getting mine / and I’ll gladly keep recommending as i believe this is the real McCoy
Old 03-31-2018, 03:00 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,697 Likes on 934 Posts

Love mine!

Quick Reply: Futura Tandem Axle trailer - anyone used it?