Sponsored by:

So I got an RS, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 02:06 AM
s4corrado996tt
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Asco
Would sell both the 4S and GT3 and DD the SUV. If it feels too boring upgrade the SUV to some AMG/M/Turbo... Maybe its just me, but I don't see myself driving another 911 if I already own a GT3 RS.
Totally agreed!
Old 07-06-2016, 11:35 AM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 232 Posts

If getting a GT4 is an option sell the c4s and gt3 and buy gt4 and rs. That is what I currently have and couldnt be happier. I also have a Range Rover Sport for DD and tow vehicle
Old 07-06-2016, 01:59 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,017 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by poofyo101
If getting a GT4 is an option sell the c4s and gt3 and buy gt4 and rs. That is what I currently have and couldnt be happier. I also have a Range Rover Sport for DD and tow vehicle
Spyder is not bad, either

How do you like the Range Rover Sport? I'm trying to figure out what to get my wife when her A6 lease is up. She wants another SUV.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:31 PM
The New 911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by disden
Finally got an allocation with latest release, but brings up an interesting dilemma: what to get rid of?

2015 4S: my DD, it's sapphire blue and loaded with all the goodies, has 100k warranty, so lots of miles to go.

2015 GT3: it's PTS Arena Red, stunning car. I picked it up with 700 miles so it's a CPO, still has over 5 years and 97000 miles coverage left.

My friends and family think I'm nuts letting my Arena Red GT3 go, but I have a hard time turning it into a DD and putting tons of miles on it, probably 15-20k/year. I have an SUV for winter, bad weather and kids.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
As per the title of this posting I would say just Drive it like you Stole it. Just make sure you have the best Radar Detector available to Mankind.

But Lucky you - consider yourself as one of the Few, the Proud, The Marines... I mean owner of an 991 GT3RS.

Track days with some, or a lot of Professional Training via a Porsche instructor preferably so one can extract all the real performance the RS has to offer.

And also the Arena Red GT3 for which you were also very lucky in buying - unless you PTS the color - Porsche only Produced 20 cars in that color if I can recall from Z356's posting . Thus I don't know if that fact should make the car have a Premium or not over the normal GT3s out there running around?! That is the color that harkens back to the 993 Twin Turbo so it should have been a natural color offered on all Turbo's and GT Cars available since the last days of the 993. Just call me sentimental. There are a few ways of making your GT3 more comfortable, for one does the car include Front Lift? That and lifting the car just a few Centimeters at a racing tune up shop could have helped too, a long with maybe some slightly softer Struts and Springs or just a plain Adjustable Suspension setup that will work with any Gizmo's that were ordered with the car. But Alas, if you're moving a long to the RS Exclusively I guess it makes little sense in discussing the issue further... like I just did

My Condolences for living in an area where the great car's get locked in for the Winter. Understand one would like to keep the Car's exterior away from the Salt, though all Porsche's are Protected against Rust but that doesn't mean that it will end all rust completely. The Car's Shell goes through Seven anti-corrosion dips before painting prep start's. I would only drive an AWD 911 on a sunny winter day with dry roads. And that would be extremely limited because I know all of us would be "Jone'ing" to drive your Pride and Joe.

Happy Driving, stay safe, free and away from LEO and Speeding Ticket's.

Last edited by The New 911; 07-06-2016 at 03:56 PM. Reason: fixin stuff
Old 07-06-2016, 03:47 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G

How do you like the Range Rover Sport? I'm trying to figure out what to get my wife when her A6 lease is up. She wants another SUV.
I have the last generation RRS. Mine was purchased in 2012 new. I have not driven the new style RRS. I really have learned to love my 12 RRS. It has been pretty low maintenance surprisingly (knock on wood). Very nice to ride and drive.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:46 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,097 Likes on 544 Posts

Originally Posted by poofyo101
I have the last generation RRS. Mine was purchased in 2012 new. I have not driven the new style RRS. I really have learned to love my 12 RRS. It has been pretty low maintenance surprisingly (knock on wood). Very nice to ride and drive.
Love how new rrs drives. My fav suv drive, including pcars. User interface is atrocious.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:53 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I would check out the Jaguar F pace as well, if it is big enough. http://www.caranddriver.com/jaguar/f-pace Both Jaguar and RR are making pretty impressive offerings.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:06 PM
U OLD DOG
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like an old white guy problem!
Old 07-07-2016, 03:54 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 422 Likes on 244 Posts

So I have a RR supercharged and I picked it over the sport because the sport was too small. There really isn't that much legroom in the 2nd row and the cargo area is small but it's a great car.

I LOVE my Range Rover. I never thought I would but it is a spectacular car. It's not a cayenne but it's so smooth, refined and comfortable.

I think I'll always have a RR if they drive like this.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:55 PM
atm75
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

My 2c are

- sell 4s, do a full wrap on your special GT3 and get some good winter tires
- sell both, get a GT4 as others have suggested
- never through I would write this (I love NA) but sell both and get a 991.2 4s Targa as a DD

All of the options above would work with step 2 which would be to get in line for a 991.2 GT3 PTS MT
Old 12-10-2016, 08:57 AM
master_jcp
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And what was the end of the Thread?! Still owning all?! 🙈
Old 12-10-2016, 10:36 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,151 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by master_jcp
And what was the end of the Thread?! Still owning all?! 🙈
forgot I started this! So 4s will be gone. RS arrives next month. I'm really struggling to trade in my Arena Red GT3. It's such a stunning car. It's got the sofas so it's comfy too, actually more then the 4S! With the Sharkwerks exhaust it's sounds great and is a blast to drive. For some reason I get compliments anytime I drive it- never happens in my 4s. I think it's because the color is just so odd - subtle yet dramatic.

So, I'm contemplating turning it into my nice weather DD as it's CPOd. I can the start trying to break the motor under warranty, then use The RS for occasional track fun. Thanks!
Old 12-10-2016, 11:31 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Sell C4S, GT3 and SUV. Buy AMG E63 S Wagon, keep RS. Could also go with a used FF.

I've been reducing my number of cars as I just don't have time to put enough miles on them so this follows a similar path...
FF is the best thing out there!

If i had to choose one car for dd track sat night - it does it all.

430k bought it for 200k less with 1500 miles

GT3RS used was more expensive.
Old 12-10-2016, 01:56 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,463 Likes on 2,811 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
forgot I started this! So 4s will be gone. RS arrives next month. I'm really struggling to trade in my Arena Red GT3. It's such a stunning car. It's got the sofas so it's comfy too, actually more then the 4S! With the Sharkwerks exhaust it's sounds great and is a blast to drive. For some reason I get compliments anytime I drive it- never happens in my 4s. I think it's because the color is just so odd - subtle yet dramatic.

So, I'm contemplating turning it into my nice weather DD as it's CPOd. I can the start trying to break the motor under warranty, then use The RS for occasional track fun. Thanks!
Makes sense; smart choice. 4S is a great car, but a dime a dozen. You can always get one later if you regret it. You will probably never be able to find another Arena Red GT3 without paying through the nose. It's one of my favorite Porsche colors.
Old 12-10-2016, 03:09 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,092 Likes on 1,009 Posts

Keep both

Quick Reply: So I got an RS, now what?