Sponsored by:

So I got an RS, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 05:24 PM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carcommander
I will get stoned for this and yes I have an RS, forget the RS and keep the GT3. I drove my GT3 like any other car. My RS attracts too much attention to be driven and parked anywhere.
Not a reason to get rid of the better car.
My wife is hot and attracts attention everywhere we go. I'm not getting rid of her...
Old 07-04-2016, 05:25 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

^^^pictures of the wife?
Old 07-04-2016, 05:27 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

^ lumber, love the analogy! Lol
Old 07-04-2016, 05:29 PM
farisad
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

i would say sell the 4s and keep the GT3

i have the same with GT3 and GT3rs and i really cant let my blue lady go away, i'm not sure if its me alone but its a really different animal than the RS and the engine with 9k RPM is just insane.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:00 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Keep the 3, dump the C4S and enjoy the RS experience. Other than that, sell everything and buy a Chevy and take up art.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:13 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Definitely try to sell the GT3 and 4S and get a 993 Turbo- find one with 30-40k miles and drive it a lot. It will hold value and be quick enough and be cheap enough to fix and have back seat for kid seat and with 80k miles nobody will be scared of it.
I hate you...

I sold my pristine '97 Arena Red 993TT ten years ago to pay for my wedding. It had 50k miles on it and I sold it for $54k.

I'm going to spend the rest of the night in my listening room trying to forget about this now
Old 07-04-2016, 08:31 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G
I hate you...

I sold my pristine '97 Arena Red 993TT ten years ago to pay for my wedding. It had 50k miles on it and I sold it for $54k.

I'm going to spend the rest of the night in my listening room trying to forget about this now
How often I say, I need a listening room to get away from not having to listen to my..... I think you guys get it. AC, stay out of this one.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:43 PM
Raghu
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 87 Posts

To the OP,

Here is what I did. I sold my 2015 Turbo S and 2016 Spyder Boxster when I got my GT3RS. I did the whole car in XPEL for $6000 (nose to tail) and a GMG exhaust. Now I drive it to the GYM or wherever I want to. Paddle shift with sport exhaust note and all... Have a G Wagon that I drive to work or long distance. When my new office building is finished in October, I will have covered garage for myself and then I can drive the GT3RS to work as well. I just don't want to keep it in the sun all day where my old office is. I have put 2200 miles in 3 months and properly broken it in. Finishing up on my PSDS performance plus course next week and once I get the regional SCCA license then I will take the GT3RS to the track as well. Looking to put a cage in it. Felt remorse selling the Boxster Spyder, not so much the Turbo S. So I look at the photographs once in a while and smile that I had a chance to drive those two beautiful cars before my dream car arrived. When I get in the RS and lower the windows and wait for the blue engine cold sign to disappear and then paddle shift the stuffing out of it at 8000 RPM you can't even see my ears cuz I'm smiling so hard my jaws ache and that heart pounding in my chest and the rush of blood to my head is simply 'INTOXICATING". The way this thing sticks to the asphalt on curves and turns is mind blowing and straight lining it creates such a deafening roar in the cockpit that you can't even hear yourself think.
So keep whatever you want for your daily driver if you do not have covered parking and drive the dickens out of the GT3RS after properly braking it. You can only have true love for one woman (in my case), and in case of cars for one car at a time. I just hate to see something as good as an RS sitting in the garage gathering dust and cobwebs!
Old 07-04-2016, 08:55 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If c4s is a manual, then dump Gt3. If not, then dump either that or the GT3, get a GT4 for daily driving.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:14 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
if this is the last NA GT3, wouldnt you keep your GT3 too?
Mezgers yes.
DFI? not sure yet.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:26 PM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Raghu
To the OP, Here is what I did. I sold my 2015 Turbo S and 2016 Spyder Boxster when I got my GT3RS. I did the whole car in XPEL for $6000 (nose to tail) and a GMG exhaust. Now I drive it to the GYM or wherever I want to. Paddle shift with sport exhaust note and all... Have a G Wagon that I drive to work or long distance. When my new office building is finished in October, I will have covered garage for myself and then I can drive the GT3RS to work as well. I just don't want to keep it in the sun all day where my old office is. I have put 2200 miles in 3 months and properly broken it in. Finishing up on my PSDS performance plus course next week and once I get the regional SCCA license then I will take the GT3RS to the track as well. Looking to put a cage in it. Felt remorse selling the Boxster Spyder, not so much the Turbo S. So I look at the photographs once in a while and smile that I had a chance to drive those two beautiful cars before my dream car arrived. When I get in the RS and lower the windows and wait for the blue engine cold sign to disappear and then paddle shift the stuffing out of it at 8000 RPM you can't even see my ears cuz I'm smiling so hard my jaws ache and that heart pounding in my chest and the rush of blood to my head is simply 'INTOXICATING". The way this thing sticks to the asphalt on curves and turns is mind blowing and straight lining it creates such a deafening roar in the cockpit that you can't even hear yourself think. So keep whatever you want for your daily driver if you do not have covered parking and drive the dickens out of the GT3RS after properly braking it. You can only have true love for one woman (in my case), and in case of cars for one car at a time. I just hate to see something as good as an RS sitting in the garage gathering dust and cobwebs!
^this guy gets it
Old 07-04-2016, 09:29 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,687 Likes on 2,336 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
Better yet sell the GT3 and get the GT4.
bingo
Old 07-04-2016, 11:38 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by lumber
Not a reason to get rid of the better car.
My wife is hot and attracts attention everywhere we go. I'm not getting rid of her...
LOL, post of the month
Old 07-05-2016, 09:22 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Sell C4S, GT3 and SUV. Buy AMG E63 S Wagon, keep RS. Could also go with a used FF.

I've been reducing my number of cars as I just don't have time to put enough miles on them so this follows a similar path...
Old 07-05-2016, 10:50 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

Good stuff

I'm down to 6.

-Something classic for cruising.
-Tow vehicle - trailer
-Racecar
-RS
-Luxo, roomy, torqey barge not too flashy
-Sporty cheaper occasionally track capable.
The last two might fit into one car.

Quick Reply: So I got an RS, now what?