Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3RS Wish List

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016 | 10:30 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Nizer is on to something

PTS? pls make it one fugly color only. puke brown or hellos kitty pink. another way to weed ppl out. make it right, I will drive a pink car.

five lug of racecar CL where we can run impact gun
Old 05-05-2016 | 10:41 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

^ +1 - happy with Pink, I want my next one in Strawberry if I can get it approved in time. Hot Pink works too. I do think the next 3RS will be the Cup version and it'll probably be limited, so I just need to leave the US before then so I can get an allocation and a car without the Lexan/Clubsport removed.
Old 05-05-2016 | 11:00 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

I love coming here to feel that I'm not the only one that feel the RS is heading down the wrong path.

Problem is that the 991rs is a great tourer and track car.

RS should be barely street legal. Lightweight and no options. Should suck driving down the interstate.

Could care less about PTS/leather/stitching!
Old 05-05-2016 | 11:20 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Just make it a junk yard dog.....mean and vicsious, that will separate the men from the boys.
Old 05-05-2016 | 11:25 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CRex
Commercial paradox: the LESS friendly (more extreme) this RS, the MORE people will want!
Originally Posted by Spyerx
The more raw dog the more I want it.
Originally Posted by mooty
Nizer is on to something

five lug of racecar CL where we can run impact gun
Originally Posted by NateOZ
I do think the next 3RS will be the Cup version and it'll probably be limited, so I just need to leave the US before then so I can get an allocation and a car without the Lexan/Clubsport removed.
Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
RS should be barely street legal. Lightweight and no options. Should suck driving down the interstate.
Originally Posted by bronson7
Just make it a junk yard dog.....mean and vicsious, that will separate the men from the boys.
Great minds...
Old 05-05-2016 | 06:44 PM
KINGSRULE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nizer
Great minds...

Buy a Cup Car.......
Old 05-05-2016 | 07:34 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

The RS is not a "race" car. While performance wise it is damn close to a race car it is miles away in other regards beginning with safety.

The RS was always the most performance edged 911 short of an actual dedicated race car. Its Porsches race car motorsport ambassador for the street. this RS is the paradigm of what a street legal performance Porsche is supposed to be.

At its weight of what 3100 lbs how much lighter do you want it? That's DAMN light considering it still has all the amenities to make it livable on the street.

I think the RS is damn near perfect the way it is. Have owned nearly half dozen Porsches. this Porsche short of the 918. Not that it makes me an expert but I certainly am a motorsport enthusiast. BTW just turned down a $25K offer over what I paid from someone for my RS. Not advertising it either. Love it.

If the RS is not hardcore enough I agree next step is a Cup.
Old 05-05-2016 | 07:42 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I'd like to see more basic interior similar to 964/993RS in regards to door panels. I don't need those big *** speakers, door pockets, etc.

If something needs to get stowed- FRUNK IT. No door pockets or big door handles. Maybe delete the lower section of dashboard and replace with a utility net for mounting stuff.

thinner carper and thinner (not completely removed) sound deadening in the floor and rear. That stuff is heavy.

More aggressive PDK programming. Anything similar to 675LT would be great.

BIGGER PADDLES. I GET PADDLE ENVY.
Old 05-05-2016 | 08:25 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Originally Posted by Waxer
The RS is not a "race" car. While performance wise it is damn close to a race car it is miles away in other regards beginning with safety. The RS was always the most performance edged 911 short of an actual dedicated race car. Its Porsches race car motorsport ambassador for the street. this RS is the paradigm of what a street legal performance Porsche is supposed to be. At its weight of what 3100 lbs how much lighter do you want it? That's DAMN light considering it still has all the amenities to make it livable on the street. I think the RS is damn near perfect the way it is. Have owned nearly half dozen Porsches. this Porsche short of the 918. Not that it makes me an expert but I certainly am a motorsport enthusiast. BTW just turned down a $25K offer over what I paid from someone for my RS. Not advertising it either. Love it. If the RS is not hardcore enough I agree next step is a Cup.
They built the 991rs for you. No hard feelings. We are happy for you.
Porsche is doing it right. Just look at how many they sell compared to previous RS.

Hopefully they make my RS as well. I don't need it to be comfortable. I don't DD my Porsches. They are toys to me and are not supposed to make sense.

My intended use is track days and taking it out on fun drives on good roads.

If the track day is far away I don't mind trailering the car there.

The 991rs is designed to be comfortable taking you to the track, beat most on track and take you back in comfort.
Old 05-05-2016 | 08:41 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KINGSRULE
Buy a Cup Car.......
reading comprehension

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
thinner carpet and thinner (not completely removed) sound deadening in the floor and rear. That stuff is heavy.

More aggressive PDK programming. Anything similar to 675LT would be great.

BIGGER PADDLES. I GET PADDLE ENVY.
675 LT doesn't have carpet, nor does 458 Speciale for that matter. Always struck me as odd that folks are fine with no carpet in those cars but not in RS....
Old 05-05-2016 | 10:18 PM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Less weight. That's it

Okay, 5-lug option would be appreciated

The 991 RS has exceeded my expectations as a hybrid street/track car. I have dedicated race cars. This thing is actually very rewarding to drive on track (never ever happens in a street car). In very fast side to side chicanes and when the car gets unsettled (driver error), the weight rears it's ugly head. Else, it's surprisingly well behaved for 3200 lbs (way way too heavy).
Old 05-06-2016 | 08:22 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers
Less weight. That's it

Okay, 5-lug option would be appreciated

In very fast side to side chicanes and when the car gets unsettled (driver error), the weight rears it's ugly head. Else, it's surprisingly well behaved for 3200 lbs (way way too heavy).
Stiffer springs and more aggressive shocks would help here but yes, less weight would yield the most upside.
Old 05-06-2016 | 08:29 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Originally Posted by Nizer
Stiffer springs and more aggressive shocks would help here but yes, less weight would yield the most upside.
Agree,

Would love to start with the cup/R car and mod it to make it street legal.
That's more in line with how it was done in the old days.
Old 05-06-2016 | 09:12 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

There has to be easy weight in things like electric windows, remote central locking, alarm, the centre console, electric seat height adjustment.

I'm ok sticking a key in the door and winding my own windows.

My wife revenly picked up a BMW i3 and it is missing trim on the dash and doors, seats are manual, center console is open etc to keep weight down....
Old 05-06-2016 | 11:35 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

You don't need Porsche. Buy current RS. Take necessary tools and make it the way you want.

You guys want varying degrees of street legal RSR. RS is already that just rip and tear further to your spec. Vast majority of most enthusiast won't want what you want for hybrid steet track car today.

I have Boss TA3 Trans Am. Animal, hot, loud, stiff, does not like slow, full cage, fire system. Not a street car even for a mile. You wouldn't want to drive on street anyway. Would make you miserable.

I think current RS hits perfect balance and besides I bet it's faster than a 997 cup anyway and you can go get ice cream with it.

I and likely vast majority not interested in an RSR with a license plate more than what the RS is now. But no harm in wishing
for the few. I get it.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3RS Wish List