Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More proof Porsche has blurred the lines with the PDK 991

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2016 | 06:45 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by thxbuff2001
Having owned both PDK and manual tranny cars, I fairness to the OP, I did not see any sign in the above of maligning a PDK car. Where and how this accusations and insults come I dont know. I think some people here needs to cool off OR even apologize to FLAT6SPD. These are out of line.
BS. He knew exactly what he was saying. He doesn't own a PDK car and likes to let everyone know he feels a manual is a better choice. It's not, it's a "different" choice. It get's old. Not to mention he took an unsolicited shot at women and transgenders. I don't have a gender dog in this fight but he took a little PC "stick" for his comment. No pun intended...

Last edited by Mr. Adair; 05-08-2016 at 01:55 AM.
Old 05-07-2016 | 07:04 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

The thread continues. Strong the power of the troll is.
Old 05-07-2016 | 08:46 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
I cannot accurately reply to your comments. The current RS is certainly worth owning. My 2016 GT3 is worth owning. But when I walk into the garage I gravitate to the GT4. So much so that I don't care so much that a 991 RS is not available to me. Not even that pissed that a 911R was pulled out from under me. It may even come that my beloved Kermit is put back to street, sort of. 997 GT3 RS is still a serious street biatch and with little emotion can seriously swing his frog *** out into an intersection.
Just trying to be tongue and cheek not serious. Sorry.
Old 05-07-2016 | 08:54 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

I could give a damn about political correctness, the PC police can go ride Jeners gonads.

I actually do have a PDK CS, that is reserved for Sunday coffee with the wife, she drives it I cannot I get to bored easily and have to drive it more aggressively while holding coffee to get any enjoyment out of it.

There are so many people here in the board that acknowledge the disconnect between driver and machine with the 991, it's no secret. You have the need to defend your purchase, I get it.

Archmedis, or whatever your name is, I'm not into name calling so lets meet up and discuss Porsche and trolls, how about it?

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
BS. He knew exactly what he was saying. He doesn't own a PDK car and likes to let everyone know he feels a manual is a better choice. It's not, it's a "different" choice. It get's old. Not to mention he took an unsolicited shot a woman and transgenders. I don't have a gender dog in this fight but he took a little PC "stick" for his comment. No pun intended. He'll be ok...
Old 05-07-2016 | 10:50 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FLT6SPD
I could give a damn about political correctness, the PC police can go ride Jeners gonads. I actually do have a PDK CS, that is reserved for Sunday coffee with the wife, she drives it I cannot I get to bored easily and have to drive it more aggressively while holding coffee to get any enjoyment out of it. There are so many people here in the board that acknowledge the disconnect between driver and machine with the 991, it's no secret. You have the need to defend your purchase, I get it. Archmedis, or whatever your name is, I'm not into name calling so lets meet up and discuss Porsche and trolls, how about it?
Well, that is your choice, and I respect that. I will say though, we have a sad generation of intolerance that continues to rear its ugly head here in the states, which is why I think you got the responses you did. Bigotry is anyone's choice and the first amendment protects that right. It's something I, along with many simply don't understand. I have no problem talking about it in person or online as it is worth discussing as it clearly is dividing our country. Now if you plan on punching me in the face, probably not so much. Over beers and civility, absolutely.

Now let me pull up my skirt and excuse myself, my PDK is awaiting!
Old 05-07-2016 | 10:56 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by FLT6SPD
Archmedis, or whatever your name is, I'm not into name calling so lets meet up and discuss Porsche and trolls, how about it?
Phase 1 of the troll: Post an inflammatory comment specific to elicit a harsh response from the forum.

Phase 2 of the troll: When forum members react angrily, claim you were just being sarcastic and claim everyone else is just too thin skinned and overreacting.

Phase 3 of the troll: When still called on it, suggest an in person meeting to slug it out.

Dude, you're as predictable as the sunrise, from your first post to the last. Meet, what are you 12? Yeah let's meet by the lockers at recess...
Old 05-07-2016 | 11:27 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Obviously you have no idea about anything beyond your keyboard. I did not say I was beating anyone up just would like to introduce myself in person so you can make a personal judgment call on your schoolyard insults. There has been more than a few from you in other threads.

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Phase 1 of the troll: Post an inflammatory comment specific to elicit a harsh response from the forum. Phase 2 of the troll: When forum members react angrily, claim you were just being sarcastic and claim everyone else is just too thin skinned and overreacting. Phase 3 of the troll: When still called on it, suggest an in person meeting to slug it out. Dude, you're as predictable as the sunrise, from your first post to the last. Meet, what are you 12? Yeah let's meet by the lockers at recess...
Old 05-07-2016 | 11:57 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Well, that is your choice, and I respect that. I will say though, we have a sad generation of intolerance that continues to rear its ugly head here in the states, which is why I think you got the responses you did. Bigotry is anyone's choice and the first amendment protects that right. It's something I, along with many simply don't understand. I have no problem talking about it in person or online as it is worth discussing as it clearly is dividing our country. Now if you plan on punching me in the face, probably not so much. Over beers and civility, absolutely.

Now let me pull up my skirt and excuse myself, my PDK is awaiting!

Just look at college campuses for free speech intolerance...
Old 05-08-2016 | 12:00 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ADias
Just look at college campuses for free speech intolerance...
Sorry I'm dense.....you lost me on this.
Old 05-08-2016 | 12:09 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Sorry I'm dense.....you lost me on this.
Just search the news for US colleges activism limiting free speech. I was agreeing with you that intolerance is becoming rampant in our society...
Old 05-08-2016 | 12:12 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ADias
Just search the news for US colleges activism limiting free speech. I was agreeing with you that intolerance is becoming rampant in our society...
Ok got it...like I said I'm getting a little dense as I get older, even though UC Davis is just a couple hours away!
Old 05-08-2016 | 12:52 AM
curtsm
Rennlist Member

I'm confused about the pc conversation.

Back to cars and PDK ... I bought my wife a 991.1 Targa 4S with PDK for her daily driver last Fall.

It's super engaging when in PDK-S mode. Way more fun than I thought it would be. For you die-hard manual guys, have you really driven a PDK hard?

I'm so surprised about the 991. The 9A1 motor is amazing and overall the package presents a great "sports car".

- curt
Old 05-08-2016 | 01:16 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Flt6spd: Look, very simply you clearly were looking to provoke a response with feigned compliment covering a knock on a forum dedicated to 991 GT3 and RS when we all know they are PDK exclusively.

Bush league.

Why?

Many enjoy the PDK. I do. Blazingly quick shifts like sequential with symphony of Porsche sounds and those wonderful exhaust burps on down shifts. I also drive a number of mt performance cars and enjoy my heel toe too.

So even though you say skirts may drive 991RS unfortunately for you those skirt driven 991 GT3/RS will leave your last gen macho machines wondering where the skirts had gone no matter how fast you row all while skirts are putting lip stick on. That's embarrassing.

Last edited by Waxer; 05-08-2016 at 08:22 AM.

Quick Reply: More proof Porsche has blurred the lines with the PDK 991